“Country cafe”

Family's Main Street Cafe
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Walton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
williamstown, ky
“Country cafe”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place is good or bad depending on what you look for. It's smoky, full of regulars, a little run down. The food is hit or miss - I always get the fried cod. The waitresses are friendly. The desserts look awesome! It's not someplace I would go out of my way to eat at but it's good because its right down the street from me.

• Visited May 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great small town diner”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Great food, great service.

My family (about 9-10 people) decided to try this place one evening. We were seated right away and our waitress was very polite. There was only one person in the restaurant smoking at the bar area so we didn't have any issues in that aspect. Our food was brought out promptly and was absolutely delicious. I had the turkey club (which I had to dissect because it was so huge) and it was delicious - lettuce was fresh, tomatoes were some of the most beautiful and tasty I've ever had at a restaurant, bread was perfectly toasted. My husband had the chopped steak and said it was amazing. We also ordered the onion rings - amazing! Everyone enjoyed their meal so we will definitely be back as I've heard their breakfast is amazing.

This is a small family diner in a small town with great food. I only have 2 reservations: that they are not a smoke-free restaurant and that they take cash only (no credit cards). Just an FYI to anyone visiting this place for the first time.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank FaithW23
“Worst restaurant ever!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I don't even know where to start...
We were there on a Friday night about 6:45. Only 1 person took ALL the orders for the whole restaurant. Service was terrible.....we waited for over 45 mins for 2 kids meals (1 was grilled cheese and fries the other cheeseburger and fries) and 2 adult entrees. There was nothing special about our meals. The waitresses did not wear anything that made you know they worked there (shirts, aprons, hats, etc.) they were dressed just like the customers. There were several children running around without any adult supervision. They take checks and cash ONLY...what place does that anymore? None of the staff was overly friendly just friendly. My biggest complaint is they aren't smoke-free. A guy with a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth came to our table to retrieve our empty plates!!! That was disgusting!!! And to top it all our bill for 4 people with 2 of them being children was $30.58 and the food was disgusting. Boneless grilled chicken was hard on the outside and dry on the inside and the catfish I had was overcooked. We will never be back!!
I hear people just rave about this place and I don't see why!! We have been there once before and was disappointed then but thought maybe we were just there on a bad day. Do not waste your money at this place!!

• Visited June 2013
NKY
“Awesome Breakfast”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The service is always friendly and the breakfast is good 'ole country food. No frills just good food. Great non-chain option, though as other reviewers have posted its all smoking all the time. Can't go wrong with the Western Omelet.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Viper22FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The burgers are from local grown angus beef from the meat shop next door. They are awesome! Their lunch specials also look delicious with big helpings. However, I cannot pass on the burger when I'm working in the area.

1 Thank Danmo99