“Gourmet in Warsaw!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Warsaw
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Overland Park, Kansas
“Gourmet in Warsaw!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Ok, that title is a bit of an exaggeration, but this is still a great restaurant. I come from a small town just like Warsaw, so I can appreciate what a rare luxury it is to have a truly nice restaurant in town.

I met a customer here for lunch one day at her suggestion. The chicken lunch special that day was very good, as was my soup. Portion size was too much for me to eat and my dining partner took half of her's home with her. With two waters the total bill was $20, including tip!

Warsaw, do yourself a favor, and patronize this nice restaurant. You don't want to lose it!

Russells Point, Ohio
“WOW! A Must Try!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Jewell's was recommended to us by one of the Librarians at the Owen County Library where we had (fortuitously) stopped for visitor information after spending a few days at Elk Creek Winery in Owenton, KY. Both Elk Creek and the library (yes, the library, too) are very highly recommended destinations!

The librarian had given a glowing recommendation for Jewell's which is along the river in Warsaw, KY - a little over 20 miles from Owenton. Being a weekend between holidays, there was a line to place our order but tables were immediately available. This restaurant is an unusual combination of a quirky, casual demeanor in a friendly environment with a menu that is a unique blend of home-cooking with an up-scale, chef's treatment at a reasonable price. What's not to like - NOTHING!

We both did something unusual for us and the situation...we both ordered the same thing - the glazed meatloaf. Normally we order our mutually agreed upon top 2 choices and share. Both of us being very partial to good meatloaf, as well as the killer sides (the Southern style green beans and superbly prepared red potatoes), we had to deviate from our norm. The menu descriptions of the bourbon glaze and the side dishes were too tempting to pass up. There was a man behind us in line to order who hadn't even picked up a menu. I commented that he must have known what he wanted before he came in. He said everything that he has eaten here has been exceptional...adding that the meatloaf and the hot browns are personal favorites although I saw that he had a steak dinner that day.

Bottom line, this place is an absolute, MUST to experience and is well worth a 5 mile detour from I-71 (if you're not taking the scenic back roads already). You won't be sorry!

Dayton, Ohio
“Hidden jewel off the beaten path”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We often ask the locals for advice on where to eat. A librarian at the Owenton library highly recommended this restaurant which was about 20 miles away. We arrived at the tail end of the lunch rush. They have you read the menu while in line, then order and pay at the counter. You then get your own tea or soft drink and take a seat. (I should add that they also feature wines from Elk Creek Winery where we had just spent two days). Many of the entrees featured bourbon sauces which I love. We both ordered the glazed meatloaf which is described on the menu as "savory combination of ground beef, onions and sweet bourbon glaze served with red potatoes sautéed with caramelized onions and southern style green beans." Everything about the meal was delicious. The meatloaf, two large slices, are given a finishing touch on the grill which added a wonderful smoky taste, then covered in the delicious bourbon glaze. The red potatoes and onions were also perfect, as were the green beans. The green beans tasted garden fresh and I think must have been seasoned with bacon. We were so impressed by the glaze on the meatloaf I asked if they sold it, which they do. I now have a container in my refrigerator which I plan to try on some grilled chicken tomorrow. Bottom line: Take the extra time, take the Warsaw exit off I-71 (we took exit 57), and treat yourself to some good down home cooking!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's not to like?”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

This little restaurant is often busy on the weekends with people lining up to get in and enjoy a fresh cooked meal from Jewell's. We decided to go during the week to avoid the crowd since we tried to go a few weekends before and left because it was at capacity. Everything about the meal was perfect; the flavor, the presentation, the price, and the service were all wonderful. I highly recommend this little place as a must try. You will not be disappointed. The only thing that is a bit different about this place from most sit down restaurants is that it is order, pay, and then you are seated- no problem-
Just a bit different!

• Visited November 2013
Fort Thomas
“Great Meal Choices”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Four of us ate at this restaurant. Each of us ate something different. We all enjoyed our meal. One had crab cakes and spinach salad, one frog legs with spinach salad and enjoyed our choices immensely. One of the men had the bourbon chicken meal and could not believe how much food he received. The other man had meatloaf. They both were very satisfied with their meals.

The spinach salad was so large, I took some back with me, along with a pair of frog legs. My husband took his bourbon chicken meal with him. It was more than enough for two more meals.

• Visited November 2013