“The Jewell of the Ohio-Worth a Drive”
Review of Jewell's on Main

Jewell's on Main
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Warsaw
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2014

If you find yourself within an hour’s drive of Warsaw this is a destination restaurant. As a guy who entertains and eats out for a living, I will be going back. I recently found myself here and had the Bayou Shrimp and Fried Green Tomato appetizer….quite tasty. I could drink the Bayou Shrimp butter….ask for a few homemade rolls to dip. Entrees were Shrimp and Grits ( the second best ever, next to 1808 in Delaware OH) and Scallops very flavorful. All this Heavenly Jewells for under $50.00
On a second visit ( a day later) I had the Chicken Fingers-These are the best in America. Two full chicken breasts cut in half and lightly breaded. You must also try the bread pudding—you will not regret.
The place makes my top restaurants that I’d go back to. The owners are great as well. …..as Justin stated, this is what I do.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Jewels is a very good restaurant! The service is good, but can be a little slow depending on how busy they are, but they are always friendly and helpful. The food is always good, I would recommend the Hot Brown it is one of the best I have ever had, or the Papa Burger which is great as well. They also have fresh cut fries that are great!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We have business in this town and try to get down periodically to take the group out to eat. This is our favorite place to go. Even though the town is small and doesn't have a lot of places to choose from this is a place that would make me drive down just to eat here. Delicious and tasty food with a down home feel.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have eaten at Jewell’s On Main in Warsaw, Kentucky on several occasions. It offers delicious food at a reasonable price. It is a little different than a typical sit down restaurant due to the fact you order at a counter first and then sit at a designated table. You also get your own drinks but the food is brought to your table by a waiter. Be careful of your arrival time or you may have to wait in line. We literally waited an hour and half for table on our last visit. They do provide chairs and benches along the perimeter of the restaurant so people can sit while they wait. I suggest you plan to arrive early or late, especially on Saturday evenings. We noticed the line was gone by 8:00 p.m. My husband and I usually try to order something different so we can try a variety of dishes. My favorite so far is the shrimp and grits. Keep in mind this is coming from a person who doesn't eat grits. They are cheesy, delicious, and oh so filling. My family and I have never had any complaints with the quality of food. My only complaint is it seems the service often varies between tables. For example, we ordered steak and pasta and didn't receive any bread while tables around us had baskets brought to the table. We asked (maybe everyone did) and received bread after our meal was almost over. Another time my sister and I ordered the salmon which was supposed to be served over potatoes and caramelized onions. It was served on rice. We didn't even notice until we saw the table next to us receive the correct order. It may be a fluke but it just seems something happens every time we go. Of course, it’s not bad enough to keep us from returning. The food is that good!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Ok, that title is a bit of an exaggeration, but this is still a great restaurant. I come from a small town just like Warsaw, so I can appreciate what a rare luxury it is to have a truly nice restaurant in town.

I met a customer here for lunch one day at her suggestion. The chicken lunch special that day was very good, as was my soup. Portion size was too much for me to eat and my dining partner took half of her's home with her. With two waters the total bill was $20, including tip!

Warsaw, do yourself a favor, and patronize this nice restaurant. You don't want to lose it!