“Bringing Out the Culture”
Review of Appalshop

Appalshop
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The town members were buzzing about Appalshop long before I stepped into today. Each local or business owner I talked to said I must stop in and check this place out and I am glad I made the trip. A place created both to preserve the Appalachian heritage and teach the next generation about how to capture such enriching stories, Appalshop is a unique and cultural asset to the community.

I was able to interact with some of the interns who range in ages from 15-20, and I could see a strong passion and enthusiasm for media and the culture. Also, the staff were hospitable and took the time to deliver some great information about the history of The Appalshop. If you love any type of art form, this place does a fabulous job of exploiting the regions cultural assets.

3  Thank Dylan M

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Its such a historical place to visit no words to describe it but I do recommend that you go visit this place yourself

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I absolutely loved every moment of time I spent in Appalshop. They have a radio show dedicated to good music and public service and an art gallery on the ground floor. No matter what you're doing in Whitesburg, Appalshop is well worth the detour. Plus, if you can't make a physical appearance, you can listen to their programs on air or online!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We recorded our PSA for Entrepreneurship for the Public Good workshop and it was fair enough to say we were treated very well. The studio offers a warmth reception with the best programs I have heard about in a while. One of them is helping prisoners speak to the loved ones and send them messages via the WMMT radio. It was truly nice to see their efforts and cause being implemented.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I love this place. It is super cool. Also, I got to meet an intern who was super friendly and worked patiently with us for our public service announcement. We also go to be on the radio and the gentlemen who spoke was super nice. It was all pretty unplanned for this event too, but they worked with us and it all worked out wonderful.

The building is absolutely wonderful. It has an particular calm and quiet atmosphere. It is very comfortable and so interesting. I would recommend making a stop here to visit and look at some of the work they do and they also have museum art.

Been to Appalshop? Share your experiences!