“Lovely, relaxing place to stay near Lexington, KY”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmore
1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Wilmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed here for several days in May while visiting family in the area (I am from California). RedBud B&B reminded me of some of the B&Bs in Northern California Wine Country. The breakfast each morning was delicious; one morning Suzann served crepes with fresh strawberries from her garden. But my favorite part was ending each evening relaxing on the veranda, sipping tea, before heading up to the beautiful bedroom and the very comfortable bed. 15-20 mins. from Lexington, University of Kentucky, Keeneland, etc, but sooo much more relaxing than staying in a hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate all your kind words and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this bed and breakfast while traveling the Bourbon Trail in Northern Kentucky. It was a little out of the way, but the price and the location in regards to Lexington sealed the deal. We loved our stay! The breakfast was really really great, as were the cookies/scones in the afternoon. We basically had the upstairs to ourselves, but our favorite part was sitting outside after dark and just enjoying the August night air. I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for our B & B. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be able to stay with us again someday soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

This was our second stay at Red Bud and it was wonderful Suzann the owner makes you feel like home. The property is very clean. Rooms are inviting. We have stayed in both rooms and liked them both :), Love the front pourch is just a great space! Our daughter goes to Asbury collage with in walking distance. So visits on the porch is so like home. The WiFi works great now in the rooms..very nice. The breakfast is the best and cookies and breads through out the day yummy and there is always coffee or tea :) and I agree with an other post.... " Really could not have been nicer." Thanks Suzann! Cant wait to get back to wilmore and Red Bud!

Room Tip: One room has a shower and the other a bath... the bath has a hand held shower for rinsing your hair...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate that you have taken the time to do a review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stays and are looking forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We had a wonderful stay for 3 nights during a family reunion! Suzanne, the owner, is warm and welcoming. The breakfasts were beautifully presented and quite delicious along with the breads and cookies throughout the day and evening. The location was convenient for us with just a short drive to our family in Nicholasville. Although the baths were down the very short hallway, it was not an issue for us. Robes were provided and we were very comfortable. WiFi was nice. We will definitely be back when we are up that way again!

Room Tip: We chose the Poplar Room (named for the wood floor) because it had a shower in the bathroom versus a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your efforts and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Wedding season is busy in Wilmore, so I was happy to see that 1898 Red Bud B&B was available this weekend. Here's the highlights:

Pros:
-Really close to Asbury University/Seminary.
-Suzann the owner is great, and provided excellent service.
-Flexible breakfast times, and the cooking was delicious.
-The front porch is great place to hang out on a summer night.

Cons:
-The bathrooms are down the hall from the rooms. However, robes are provided.
-No WiFi access in room, so you'll want to plan for this.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay here, and plan on coming back here next time in the Wilmore area.

Room Tip: There's two rooms available, but only one has a bathroom with a shower, so you'll want to co...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy L
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We always like to hear about what you liked and to see how we can improve. We have recently upgraded our WIFI and it is now available throughout the property. At the time your stay WIFI was only available in the breakfast room as stated on our web site. We apologize for any inconvenience. You will be able to stay connected in your room on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Lovely, comfortable, spotless, tastefully decorated home with extra comfy bed and gourmet breakfasts. Wrap around porch with swing and rockers is perfect for watching fireflies at night. I had the last strawberries from her own garden in a truly delicious breakfast. Suzanne is a gracious hostess and takes wonderful care of her guests. Hope I can stay there again. One of the best B&Bs I've stayed at.

Room Tip: The bathroom with the shower only is modern, the bathroom with the tub only is original.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. We appreciate the kind words and are glad you enjoyed your first firefly experience. We hope you make it back to KY on one of your new adventures! Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

May 2, 2012. I just stayed this week at the 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast. To sum it up, FANTASTIC! I hated to leave. I had not felt so relaxed in such a long time. It was quiet, the place was spotless and the bed was so comfortable. Suzann is an amazing cook. Not only would she make gourmet breakfast in the mornings, when I would return at night there would be banana bread, cookies, tarts or scones (all homemade) waiting for me. I loved the porch and made it a point to eat dinner outside every night. Red Bud is in a great location and is close to Lexington and other surrounding areas. Suzann was great with suggestions of things to see in the area and she will accommodate all of your needs. I plan to return very soon. Suzann, save my chair for me!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to do such a nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and "your" chair will always be waiting for you!

Been to 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!