“Charming Taste of Wilmore”

Solomon's Porch Cafe & Catering
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Wilmore
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Solomon's Porch Cafe is a casual and comfortable cafe located on Main Street in Wilmore, Kentucky. We prepare all of our food fresh to order and offer a daily variety of house made baked goods. Our humorous theologically inspired menu consists of gourmet sandwiches, burgers, franks, salads, quiche and specialty coffees & teas. We serve a full line of breakfast foods until 11:00 am each day. We are locally owned and operated. We offer a kid's menu as well as gluten free and dairy free options. As a Kentucky Proud Cafe many of our menu items are farm to table, and sourced within a 15 mile radius. Please visit our website to download a full menu. Like us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to begin receiving pictures and special offerings.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Food is excellent with a most charming menu to compliment Wilmore ambience. Friendly staff. Very popular restaurant in area.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

During a visit to Wilmore, Ky., my wife and I stopped at Solomon's Porch Cafe and Deli for lunch. It's a very unassuming place, with the primary decor featuring photos for sale on one of the walls. But it's a clean and the service is friendly and courteous. And the food is very good. My wife order spinach quiche, croissant and fresh fruit and I had the Garden of Eden (veggie) wrap and chips. By the way, most of the menu items have biblical references. I'm not sure where the name "Solomon's Porch Builders Incorporated" came from; I never saw the reference to it on the store front, menu, or anywhere. So don't be confused because it's not a porch builders; it's a great little deli and restaurant in a small town.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Solomon's Porch was a wonderful breakfast stop during our visit to Wilmore and Asbury. The menu is very interesting - I was able to try a French Press coffee for the first time, and the server (owner?) patiently helped me understand the various options I had (including coffees from all over the world!). The French toast was excellent, the muffin and pancakes good and filling, and the cozy and friendly atmosphere perfect for a college town. Loved it! Now a must stop on our next visit to Asbury!b

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I LOVE Solomon's Porch. We try to walk the half mile from our home at least once or twice a week just to sit and chat over coffee. When family comes into town, we inevitably take them to Solomon's Porch, and it's our favorite place to meet Asbury Seminary and Asbury University friends alike. It was my first stop during my first visit to Wilmore, where I studied for my nursing boards, and where my husband Brian and I first started meeting for early morning dates when we met in college. We quickly grew to love our time spent together in the brightly colored cafe, so much so that my husband actually proposed to me right in the middle of the coffee shop! Erin then made our cupcakes for our local wedding, which were gorgeous (she even matched the icing color to a fabric swatch of our bridesmaids dresses).

Made with local ingredients, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The franks are incredible and themed after the 12 Apostles, and many of the sandwich names echo the works of CS Lewis. Among our favorites are the Circuit Rider (it's like a warm Philly cheesesteak on a croissant), the Thomas frank (with cream cheese, pesto, and onions), and the Chef Salad. However, breakfast remains our favorite! I could literally eat a breakfast sandwich (egg, cheese, and a choice of sausage or ham on a warm croissant) every morning. Oh, and their Honeybee Latte is quite possibly one of my favorite things in the world. Technically, it's a spring drink special, but we ask for it all year round, to the point where Tim and Erin pretty much know our order before we even place it. :)

Don't expect to rush in Solomon's Porch (not that you'd want to). All of the food is made fresh to order, although you can call ahead and get your order to-go if you need to. Our favorite days of the week are Tuesdays and Thursdays because Solomon's is open late and we can grab coffee before I head off to work the night shift.

I could go on and on talking about how much we love Solomon's Porch, but I've already made myself start craving a Honeybee Latte so I think I'll go grab one of those instead. If you want to come join us, our little community will be waiting for you...

1  Thank Callie_Brian
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Looking for a cozy, friendly, cafe-style restaurant with a wide-variety menu, excellent food, terrific service, great prices and comfortable setting? Then stop by Solomon's Porch! This family-owned restaurant is the ideal place to relax in lounge chairs or at one of the tables and enjoy a very satisfying meal with family, friends or just by yourself. There are reading nooks and in one corner, there's a wood stove that I'm sure is an attraction during the colder months! Solomon's Porch offers a huge selection of sandwiches, salads, and flavored coffees. Check out their website for more information and to view the menu: http://www.solomonsporchwilmore.com. This is one restaurant you will want to make a regular habit of visiting! My husband and I are from Maryland. We had several meals at Solomon's Porch and wished we lived closer so we could enjoy this wonderful restaurent more often!