“Good value, excellent service, beautiful (but small) rooms”
Review of The Potter's Inn

The Potter's Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmore
The Potter's Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Wilmore B&B and Inns
Normal, Illinois, United States
“Good value, excellent service, beautiful (but small) rooms”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My family and I stayed here while attending my niece’s wedding in Wilmore. We’d stayed here before and figured “why not?” The rooms are clean, and beautifully appointed, but small. That’s not a complaint; it’s just the way it is with houses from this era. The location is excellent, just across a small park from the center of town. It is located near the railroad tracks – not a problem for me but something to note if you’re a light sleeper. The service is excellent, as is the food. This place is a good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2013

What a wonderful little gem in Wilmore. I stayed in the main house and it was lovely. It was clean and pleasant. I was the only guest as I came mid week, so it was nice and quiet, just perfect for my needs. The hospitality was just what I would expect in the south, welcoming and warm. Julie the innkeeper was really amazing. I had to be up quite early each morning to leave well before 7am, and she made sure I had a nice breakfast to go, with a warm cup of tea. It was a great experience, if my travels bring me back that way, I will certainly pay another visit!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

My daughter is a freshman at the university and plays on the softball team. I have stayed at the Inn and the cabin numerous times and will continue to stay there in the future. Julie (the innkeeper) and Rudy (the owner) have gone over and above to accommodate me on short notice. Cleanliness has never been anything but first rate. I would highly recommend staying at the Potters Inn. Julie is very friendly and knowledgable of the area. The breakfast is always great!

• Stayed March 2013
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed at the Potter's House (cabin) last Summer. Loved it! Could not have asked for anything better. Julie was the best to make our stay accomodating. The location of the cabin was the perfect setting for relaxation. NO complaints on this end. Would highly recommend this experience to all!

Room Tip: Cabin is a perfect location for quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaryJC83
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 26 March 2013

When i read the reviews online for the Inn and the House (cabin)...i thought i was going to love this place. However, when i arrived the Inn did not seem that clean (not terribly dirty but definitely not immaculate). To be fair, I only saw the downstairs bathroom and dining area and did not see the rooms though, so they could have been better i suppose. I met Julie at the Inn and she was very nice and led my family out to the cabin (Potters House). As soon as i stepped in the door of the cabin, air freshener hit me like a ton of bricks. there were multiple plug-ins and a candle. if you do not mind air freshener and do not have to have perfectly clean accomodations then this place does have some charm...it is a little too cluttered for my liking but it was definitely cool to visit quickly and then leave. The upstairs bedroom had horse flies coming out of the walls under the window sill and they had a fly swatter and a can of Raid there in the sill for you to fight off this disease carrying, hard biting bugs. As you killed one, another would climb out of the wall onto the window...mind you this was about a foot away or less from the foot of the bed you would be sleeping in. We left and did not try to stick around to see who was brave enough to sleep with the flies that night. The best thing about the place was Julie (the innkeeper) though i was a little irritated with her that she allowed me to drive out of my way from Lexington and did not forewarn me about flies in the upstairs bedroom. This place, in my opinion was musky and creepy. i am not sure why anyone is giving this a good review unless they are talking about the Inn, of which i did not stay.

Room Tip: Skip the cabin (house). The inn might be better and the town it sits in is very cute and Mayberry li...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Adrea R
PotterInn, Manager at The Potter's Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
The Potters House Log Cabin is a home that is over 200 years old, as such it is much more rustic that many people in modern days expect. Since it is older, we don't typically use it during the winter months. The particular weekend that this guest was scheduled was the first use of the season. We do not normally open it so early but with our main location The Potters Inn full and housing tight in Lexington, due to March Madness, we made an effort to accommodate. Unfortunately, due to a busy couple of weeks at the Inn, I didn't get out to the cabin until immediately before this guest's scheduled day of arrival, therefore, I was unaware of the problem in advance. Once we were aware of the problem, we did what was possible in the moment. We couldn't do a major fumigation with potential guests arriving. We had other guests who stayed in the cabin for the weekend and once they left we were able to fumigate. All linens were stripped from the home and cleaned well. The cabin is now ready for spring and summer guests.

Regarding the cleanliness of the Inn itself, it is true that entry floors needed mopped and the bathroom probably needed some attention. My first priority in cleaning is to make sure that guest rooms are cleaned and supplied and that the sunroom is prepared for visitors who want to relax. I also place a high priority on guest service, as I want visitors to the Inn to have an amazing experience. This means that I spend time talking with guests, helping them to plan activities in the area, talking about the history of the home, or even providing transportation, if needed. On a weekend where I have guests coming and going this means some areas don't get cleaned immediately.

Excellent guest service in every way is my goal and I am saddened to know that I was not able to care well for this guest.
Wilmore, KY
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I have not stayed overnight at Potter's Inn as I live nearby. However, I have had opportunity to visit and eat meals prepared by the inn keeper. The food was great, the inn architecture is charming and, if you love pottery, the displays give a near art gallery appeal. I suspect an overnight stay would be a rewarding experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Hartford, Alabama
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The Potter's House is part of the Potter's Inn in Wilmore, KY. The Potter's House is a 200 year-old log cabin less than two miles from the Potter's Inn. Since we had need of the ground floor room with two twin beds, we chose to stay at The Potter's House. The rates were excellent.

The guest portion adjoins the home of the owners, Rudy and Pat Metlock. Rudy was a gracious host and the grounds were great. Rudy treated us to a tour of his studio and we left feeling like we had made a new friend. Thanks, Rudy!

Since we were the only guests on the premises for the three nights we were there, we felt like we were at home. The decorations was both homey and artsy. The House had all the charm and characteristics of a 200 year-old log cabin. It was so relaxing and restful. Especially sitting on the porch petting the cat, watching the lightening bugs, and listening to the frogs. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The clawfoot bathtub can be a bit of a challenge to get in and out of, but it really wasn't a problem.

Julie, the innkeeper, was great! It was such a blessing getting to know you.

While the House does not serve breakfast, The Potter's Inn in Wilmore does. It's only a short drive to the Inn, so that shouldn't be a problem. We didn't take advantage of Julie's cooking, so I can't comment on that. We did take advantage of the Inn's WIFI.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and really hated leaving. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sthrnfilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmore
Comfort Inn Lexington South
Hilton Lexington Suites
#11 of 71 in Lexington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Keeneland Airport

Been to The Potter's Inn? Share your experiences!