“Good price, convenient stopover.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here whilst travelling from Virginia to Chicago. It's location right next I -64 makes it an ideal stop over. The guy on reception when we arrived was friendly and helpful and even suggested somewhere to eat when we asked what was around. There was a small pool next to the lobby which the children enjoyed after a long day in the car. Our room was on the second floor, accessible through the side door and up a flight of stairs, however the smell of smoke in the stairwell was awful, and the carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned or vacuumed for a while. However our room was large and clean, with comfy beds and a sitting area. The curtains wouldn't stay together and sadly there was a bright light right outside it so although my husband and children slept all night this did in fact keep me awake. I did report it the following morning to a member of staff, but I got the impression I was probably wasting my time. The breakfast area was small and stocked with the standard fare of these hotels, sadly it was overrun with un attended children who we're making quite a mess, the member of staff was trying to do her best to tidy up around them. For the price we paid for the night the hotel was perfectly adequate.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank redfan10
QIS_Winchester_GM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. It is great to hear that your kids enjoyed the pool. The guest with love that we have an indoor pool that kids can unwind throughout the year. It really adds to the value we provide to the guest for the price paid.

I am glad you were able to enjoy the large clean room with the comfy beds. However, I am sorry to hear your were able to sleep due the outside coming threw the window. I have already discussed the issue with our maintenance man to ensure this doesn't happen to other guest or yourself again. I, also, apology for the staff member you spoke to the next morning about the issue.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to Winchester, KY.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Nothing special about this hotel. Decent beds, decent prices, no frills. The staff was pretty good. The room was clean. So the bottom line is for the price I would give it a 3 1/2-nothing more, nothing less

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Douglas H
QIS_Winchester_GM, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quality Inn & Suites in Winchester, KY. We are happy to see that overall your stay was pleasant and was good for your nights stay.

We take all feedback seriously and use this feedback to help our staff and hotel exceed expectations for you and future guests.

We hope to see you in the future and have a blessed day.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed one night at this property on my way passing through from Pittsburgh to Nashville. It was an excellent value and the woman behind the desk was pleasant and attentive. The room was a little above average for what I expect from a Quality Inn, and the bed was excellent, clean and comfortable. This is the only reason I gave it three stars.

After a terrific night's sleep I walked down to the lobby to have breakfast. What a contrast! i stay in a lot of hotels (about 35 per year) and this was the worst breakfast I've seen. There was only one coffee carafe and it was empty. It didn't matter however as there were no coffee cups. For hot food, there was only biscuits and gravy but the biscuits were literally rocks and the gravy looked crusty and dried out and seemed to have been there for days. I finally found a waffle machine but they had the wrong cups out for the waffle batter and I was only able to fill the iron about half way.

There was no staff at the front desk to complain to, so I ate my half waffle and got the heck out of there and over to a nearby Burger King where I had a much better breakfast for $6.

I complained to Quality Inns and got a reply from the manager. He agreed that the condition of the breakfast and coffee was unacceptable and promised to improve it. Just for the nice room and comfy bed, I'd probably stay here again, but I'd skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank copperdragon66
QIS_Winchester_GM, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Quality Inn & Suites in Winchester Ky. We appreciate all feedback as it allows our staff to constantly learn and improve guest services here at our hotel for your future visits and other guests.

We do apologize for the breakfast bar not being of better quality. Our front desk clerk should have been more prepared and we should have kept the food circulating so that all guests were able to get fresh food. We have talked with our staff and the way in which breakfast is being handled is improved with fresh coffee constantly and fresh food. We do thank you for your response and hope that your breakfast with us will be better the next time around.

We are very pleased to know your room was comfortable and we were able to allow you to get a good nights rest. We hope to have you stay with us again and look forward to showing our improvements.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here after a long day of driving. It's certainly not fancy, but everything was clean and comfortable. I'm a bit of a hotel snob, but this was perfect as a rest stop to catch a few hours sleep. The night staff was incredibly friendly. It's also a quick on/off the interstate. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank ArkansasTraveler01

We would like to thank you for staying with us during your travels. We are thankful that you took the time to complete this survey. We welcome all feedback and it is greatly appreciated and helps our staff to continue to provide excellent customer service to our guests in the future.

We are very pleased to hear your bed and room were satisfying and that you were able to get the sleep you needed in order to feel refreshed and ready for the rest of your trip.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again at our hotel. Have a great day!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We arrived late for one night and had a very large king suite with sitting area. Room was very clean, bed was very good and the bedding was wonderful. The bathroom was roomy with a great shower. The sink was in the main room and had a very large counter to accomodate all the toiletries. The hotel appears to have been renovated recently which we like. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. Lobby was nice, with the breakfast area on one end. Breakfast was OK with mostly carbs.

When we came in from the parking lot into the hallway, there was a smell of smoke. There was no smoke smell in our room, but definitely in the hallway. Prefer NO SMOKING hotels.

It's a little tricky to get to hotel from I-70 even though it is right next to interstate. You have to wind around a bit to get there.

Room Tip: Get as far away from smoking rooms as possible if you are a non smoker.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank leathap

We want to thank you first and foremost for staying with us during your travels. We appreciate all feedback as it helps our staff to constantly strive to make our hotel welcoming to all guests.

I are very pleased that you enjoyed your room and the quality of our beds and accomadations. We are very happy to have guest enjoy their stay and leave feeling refreshed and relaxed. We do apologize for the smell of smoke that lingers in the halls, we will do everything we can to eliminate the lingering odor that comes from our smoking rooms.

We have had many issues regarding getting signs on the roadway to elminate the hassle of trying to find our hotel, hopefully we will get this issue resolved soon and make the travel from I64 easier for our guests.

Once again we do thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here just the one night. Rooms large and airy, bed & bedding just fine. Airconditioning unit very noisy (best turned off). Breakfast was adequate. Swiming Pool beside the reception. There appeared to be good insulation between the rooms. Very quiet - good sleep. Helpful reception.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randal M
QIS_Winchester_GM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a very quiet and restful sleep. It is our goal to make sure you leave our hotel feeling rested and satisfied. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

6 of us rolled in on our Harley's. We are clean, biker trash, lol (meaning, we don't drink, smoke or get wild). As soon as we walked in, the Manager and Front Desk worker was welcoming and very friendly. We joked around with them as we all checked in. Good sense of humor! The lobby area was very clean and had a good smell. We were real happy with our room. We travel, A LOT and this is one of my favorite that we have ever stayed at. If I need to point anything bad out, it would be, that I could smell cigarettes in the hall of the second floor, but not in my room. I was totally impressed with the shower head. At all the other hotels we have stayed, I always experience problems with water pressure and takes forever to rinse my hair. No problem here! Water pressure was perfect!!! In conclusion.... I loved this hotel!!! PS...the manager did recommend a restaurant, DJ's Bar and Grill- their ribeyes melt in your mouth! Good Food!!!

Room Tip: Non-smokers- request first floor to avoid the cigarette smell on second floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngieGuinther
QIS_Winchester_GM, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Angie Guinther,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel, and thank you for such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay!

We are thrilled to hear that you loved your room, especially the shower head and water pressure. We strive to be your home away from home and are glad you left here refreshed and satisfied!

We are also glad you enjoyed DJ's Bar and Grill. They are locally owned and the food is excellent. You also get 15% off your bill when you take your Quality Inn & Suites room key!

We appreciate your business and are so very thankful to have guests like you! We look forward to seeing you in the future! You and your Harley's are welcome here anytime!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchester
Best Western Winchester Hotel
Hampton Inn Winchester
Hampton Inn Winchester
#1 of 6 in Winchester
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!