“Decent place for reasonable price!”

Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent the night here as I passed through on my way to Fort Campbell, KY. This motel has recently been renovated and I think they are still working on the outside. I just wanted a nice clean place to sleep for the night for a reasonable price and that is exactly what I got. The room had a nice big king size bed, was clean and freshly painted. There was also free wi-fi. The motel is located right off of Interstate 64, easy to find and easy to get to. Whitney at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I only paid $40 for the night with AAA. You have to drive a short distance down the road to find places to eat, but that was no big deal. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wildangelwv

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It has just switched over to a red roof inn so there in the process of redoing every thing so I can only comment on what it was like when I stayed there before it was complete. The WiFi was not working it showed a strong signal but cut out before I could get connected. The TV had a fuzzy picture but not bad, the rest of the hotel was ok. The guy at the desk was also the one trying to put everything in order and was a very friendly and honest sort of man. He told us of the remodeling of the hotel before we sighed in, so we could decide to stay there or try to find another hotel, we decided to stay. The hotel was quiet no road noise,The beds were comfortable and they checked to make sure we got the best price. So if your just looking for a place to sleep I would go ahead and stay there now, if you want to spend some time there you might want to wait a month, but for the price( about half over the others in the area) I would still stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gtmerkley
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I'm a big RRI fan because they are pet friendly, a good value, and clean. However, reading these reviews made me cringe. I called ahead, and made sure I could get a newly remodeled room, and was pleasently surprised. The room was for the most part very clean. It looked like there was a new bed, and the room was freshly painted with newer carpets. Despite being remodeled, there is still work to be done. The tub didn't drain at all and the furniture looks pretty worn. The wifi wasn't working properly either, and my room keypad wasn't working consistently either. There was a coffee maker, but no coffee, and only 1 set of towels. The hallway area still smelled a little smoky, but I know smoke is very hard to get rid of, and could be from a long while back.

Despite all this, I think this property is on the way up. The staff was very friendly. The daytime front desk lady was very nice in reserving me a newer room, and the night time front desk gentleman was very nice and accomodating. He had even checked my room before I came to make sure the temperature was right. When I needed more supplies, he quickly took care of it. Since it was only their 3rd night open, there were only a handful of guests staying the night, so it was very quiet. Despite a relatively empty parking lot, I felt safe. Also, they had complimentary newspapers available, which you don't find at most RRI's. No breakfast, but had the coffee going in the morning. It potentially will be one of the few RRI's with a pool, if they get it up and running when it warms up.

All in all, this hotel still needs a lot of work - which they acknowledge, and are working to get up to RRI standard. However, I think the quality of the staff says a lot, and the hospitality of who they have already on board makes me belive this place will continue to improve over the next few months. I would definitely try it again to see how this place gets transformed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank oxstang00
Reviewed 8 November 2013

the place is an average motel but does not pretend to be what its not ,decently pruced clean room just an average joe at tge front desk ,donuts and cornflakes for breakfast .ample parking, rooms are spacious for the price i have paid a lot more for rooms of comparable price.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Dstansberry
Reviewed 6 November 2013

the place was comfortable and basic , half the price of its neighbor's and good clean rooms , the hotel looks alright from outside but the rooms inside were much better I had imagined defenately will visit it again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Dirty, unfriendly, moldy, buggy...if it hadn't been so late, we would have gone further down the road (The hotel beside this one had no vacancies). The clerk made us move a working refrigerator to our room but at least he did allow us to move to a room with working air conditioning! The breakfast was dreadful, just leave it at that. Worst of all, the corporation didn't respond to my letter of complaint so I am doing what I can to warn people to stay away from this location - I will not stay at another facility at all.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. I wish I had photos to show how awful this place is!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was traveling with my husband to meet up our family in NC. We read abt natural bridge in KY & decided to stop in Winchester to explore this area and our outdoor activity. We saw three motels close by but soo much difference in price!!!!! I always go with " value for money". We decided to stay at Royal Express Inn. Even though, I was worried after reading some bad reviews, this place was really good. It was half price compared to both neighboring motels. Our room was nice and met our expectations. Front desk guy was very nice & friendly. Nice bed, tv, and shower. No complaints. Breakfast was basic. Past negative reviews do not give a realistic picture of the standard of service now (front guy told us- there is change in management now). Good value for money and had good night sleep. We really enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tia S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchester
Best Western Winchester Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg
Red Roof Inn Lexington North
Red Roof Inn Lexington North
#38 of 71 in Lexington

Been to Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester? Share your experiences!