“Red Roof Update”

Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 5 August 2014

New property for Red Roof, however it started life as a Holiday Inn, onto Days Inn, then Royal Express Inn. Property needs some work, but staff is really responsive. After check-in had problem with toilet, maintenance responded immediately and corrected problem in just a few minutes. Front desk personnel were very helpful. Room was good, but needs some caulk work around the tub. Need some street level signage, facility is located behind Quality Inn difficult to find. Red Roof has taken on a task, but I believe they can succeed.

Room Tip: Ground floor, check room before accepting. I believe most rooms have recently been updated and reno...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael C

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here in March, one of the first few nights this hotel was reopened as a RRI. I just stayed here again on Sunday night, 7/27, and can tell you that a lot of work has been done since March. The rooms are in better shape than they were in March....I stayed in a recently renovated room in March, but a lot of progress has been made. Newer towels, new bedspread, new shower curtain, room was much cleaner than last time...and place seems more organized. Wifi worked better....there is still more work to be done, but they are making great progress. Most importantly, it was safe, clean, and affordable. Great place to stop if you're just passing through.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank oxstang00
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Most of these reviews are for the old Day's Inn. Red Roof Inn bought the place in March of 2014 and has upgraded the facilities. New paint, carpet, and new mattresses. Looks clean and is a great price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent the night here as I passed through on my way to Fort Campbell, KY. This motel has recently been renovated and I think they are still working on the outside. I just wanted a nice clean place to sleep for the night for a reasonable price and that is exactly what I got. The room had a nice big king size bed, was clean and freshly painted. There was also free wi-fi. The motel is located right off of Interstate 64, easy to find and easy to get to. Whitney at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I only paid $40 for the night with AAA. You have to drive a short distance down the road to find places to eat, but that was no big deal. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wildangelwv
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It has just switched over to a red roof inn so there in the process of redoing every thing so I can only comment on what it was like when I stayed there before it was complete. The WiFi was not working it showed a strong signal but cut out before I could get connected. The TV had a fuzzy picture but not bad, the rest of the hotel was ok. The guy at the desk was also the one trying to put everything in order and was a very friendly and honest sort of man. He told us of the remodeling of the hotel before we sighed in, so we could decide to stay there or try to find another hotel, we decided to stay. The hotel was quiet no road noise,The beds were comfortable and they checked to make sure we got the best price. So if your just looking for a place to sleep I would go ahead and stay there now, if you want to spend some time there you might want to wait a month, but for the price( about half over the others in the area) I would still stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gtmerkley
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I'm a big RRI fan because they are pet friendly, a good value, and clean. However, reading these reviews made me cringe. I called ahead, and made sure I could get a newly remodeled room, and was pleasently surprised. The room was for the most part very clean. It looked like there was a new bed, and the room was freshly painted with newer carpets. Despite being remodeled, there is still work to be done. The tub didn't drain at all and the furniture looks pretty worn. The wifi wasn't working properly either, and my room keypad wasn't working consistently either. There was a coffee maker, but no coffee, and only 1 set of towels. The hallway area still smelled a little smoky, but I know smoke is very hard to get rid of, and could be from a long while back.

Despite all this, I think this property is on the way up. The staff was very friendly. The daytime front desk lady was very nice in reserving me a newer room, and the night time front desk gentleman was very nice and accomodating. He had even checked my room before I came to make sure the temperature was right. When I needed more supplies, he quickly took care of it. Since it was only their 3rd night open, there were only a handful of guests staying the night, so it was very quiet. Despite a relatively empty parking lot, I felt safe. Also, they had complimentary newspapers available, which you don't find at most RRI's. No breakfast, but had the coffee going in the morning. It potentially will be one of the few RRI's with a pool, if they get it up and running when it warms up.

All in all, this hotel still needs a lot of work - which they acknowledge, and are working to get up to RRI standard. However, I think the quality of the staff says a lot, and the hospitality of who they have already on board makes me belive this place will continue to improve over the next few months. I would definitely try it again to see how this place gets transformed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank oxstang00
Reviewed 8 November 2013

the place is an average motel but does not pretend to be what its not ,decently pruced clean room just an average joe at tge front desk ,donuts and cornflakes for breakfast .ample parking, rooms are spacious for the price i have paid a lot more for rooms of comparable price.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Dstansberry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchester
Best Western Winchester Hotel
#1 of 6 in Winchester
Ramada Limited Mount Sterling
Ramada Limited Mount Sterling
#1 of 4 in Mount Sterling

Been to Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester? Share your experiences!