“Very Good”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bastrop
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Very good. Didn't smell. Excellent location. Family oriented. However, the pillows were very uncomfortable. Like sleeping on a sack of flour. Otherwise the stay was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Staff was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dipakpatel1, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and your uncomfort on pillow , you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.We are doing renovating property right now and will change this pillow to upgraded one. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 318-556-2800.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We were on our way home from our family vacation and stayed here for our last night on the road. Would deffinitly stay here agian. The kids had a wonderful time in the pool and in the room as well. The rooms are very nice. Have stayed in many Best Westerns and this one is by for the nicest one I've stayed in. The staff were very helpful and nice. This was a great last night for our family. Thank you Bastrop LA.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
dipakpatel1, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and swimming pool, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We arrived earlier than our check-in time so we asked the front desk for a call when our room would be ready. The call came at 2:30. So we had to kill time for 2 and a half hours. We just drove 15 hours. Our room was next to the outside door without a key card entrance and it is propped open all day and night. We can hear any door open and close because it shakes the walls. We are across from the vending machines and ice maker and that's loud. our refrigerator has a non-working freezer that drips onto the carpet and has left a dark, wet stain. The room is damp and has a mold smell to it. It hasn't been vacuumed because when we first walked in, we found a piece of dried up pepperoni on the floor. We encountered one nice house keeper. The girl at the front desk was so rude and treats everyone as if they aren't good enough. We went to breakfast at 8:00am and all that was left was one piece of sausage and cold cereal. Our room has stains all over the floors, walls, sheets, and the bathroom is just disgusting. We had no tissues and one roll of half used toilet paper. When we put our towels in the tub the next day, we returned to find no towels and had to call. The pool isn't open even though it's 80 degrees. We asked if we could just sit in the lounge chairs and the rude girl at the desk refused. They staff basically treat anyone who isn't from the south like dirt. I guess this is the best hotel to stay in around but it's terrible. I hope we never have to come back because I would never want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank emily060123
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The facility was very clean. Nice people that work there and nice location. Just wish it would have been pool weather! Love the size of the suites. Just wish the bathtubs was a little bit bigger. The beds was very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tashalebrun
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This hotel refused to cancel my reservation after giving 2 day's notice. If you want to stay at this hotel NEVER EVER select the INTERNET RATE. If you have to cancel for any reason they will refuse to cancel you reservation. I was told the hotel manager Deepak could refund if he really wanted to. After speaking with him he was VERY VERY rude and told me under no circumstances would he cancel my reservation. Needless to say I will NEVER stay at this hotel. I will tell my experience to everyone !! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen B
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I had seen your reservation was prepaid non cancelable thus I could not cancel it.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have spent 4 weeks at this hotel. The size of the room is nice but the housekeeping is horrible. I bougth a par of shoes that I had in my room but they dissaperad and the hotel was not willing to reimburse me for the loss. The majority of the staff is very unfriendly.

Anyway, if you have to spend I nigth in Bastrop, this is probably the best hotel in the town, but if you can, stay in Monroe!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dk_nilsson
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.I want you to accept complementary room night next time you are in Bastrop,LA. I can assure you that I am taking the proper measures with my staff to ensure that this will not be a problem in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 318-556-2800.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was our second stay at the Best Western in Bastrop. It's the best hotel there! We felt safe. The decor is a little dated, but they were changing the carpet in every room upon arrival. I'm not sure if they will change out the furniture next. The buffet is an an above average continental buffet. Overall the hotel management seemed to care about the condition/look of the hotel. The front desk is always courteous.

We had a gnat problem in our room. We killed about five gnats within the first hour. I honestly attributed it to the fact that the back door was left open for carpet installation. We were offered another room the next morning when I complained...but we did not want to pack up our kids and move. The walls are also kinda thin and you can here walking above the room. And, my daughter found some coins underneath the let-out couch when we let it out. Our room was also missing a shower curtain, but quickly installed once we mentioned it.

Overall, we would stay there again. It's close to all the shopping. Don't forget to drive east for about 10 minutes to Mer Rouge and get some yummy ice cream just across the railroad tracks.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DIDST

Dear Sir,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve,. you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.We sure will look in to replacing pillows. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Dipak Patel

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop? Share your experiences!