“Below average for me”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bastrop
Newberg, OR
“Below average for me”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband has been here for months now and this is my second stay here with him. During my February visit, they were still remodeling and working mostly on the flooring. The weather wasn't too great and I spent most of my time inside. This trip is different, it's mid-April and warm outside. There is no place to sit except a curb with the fire ants! I've asked if I could go into the pool area where there are tables and chairs or if they could bring some out. While I was allowed in yesterday morning, I got chased out in the afternoon. I'm sorry, but this is crazy. Like Dennis D said in his review, those cars parked in the entryway seem to be more important than even the guests. Yes, they're still there! On my first trip they came into our room without knocking -even with the privacy sign on the door! This trip, they tried to come in just after 9AM (fortunately we had the lock on it). I just had to say something this time. Housekeeping tried to come in since the office "didn't have a future reservation" for us..? What happened to a checkout time? We had no plans to be leaving anytime soon, but I must say, I am hoping my husband will find another place before my next visit!
For my husband, here by himself, he finds service often frustrating-no coffee in his room, floors remaining dirty, etc. I think he's almost had his fill too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear love2travelwithBud,

I am very sorry to hear that we have not exceeding your expectations. I do apologize that we do not currently offer a place for guests to lounge outside of the hotel. Our pool does not officially open until Memorial Day, but we were more than happy to open it early to accommodate your. We have also retrained our housekeeping staff about the procedures for knocking in the morning and when they are allowed to go into rooms. I deeply apologize for having your privacy invaded.

We value both you and your husband as guests. We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Please notify our front desk if you have any concerns, so that we may take care of them as soon as possible. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We will take everything you said into consideration and we will strive to make sure the remainder of your stay and any future stay goes a smooth as possible. Thank you for taking the time to help us improve. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact me directly at 318-556-2800.

Cordially,

Dipak Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dayton, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel appears to have a new coat of paint and some remodeling but the way the floor creaks under your every step on the second floor it makes one wonder if it was built right to begin with. The breakfast was a disappointment as the eggs were pre-fabricated round disk that were made by who knows when out of who knows what. I was also amazed that two spotless high dollar SUV's were blocking half the covered carport at the front entrance while several people spit polished and cleaned during my arrival. The next morning they still were blocking the drive during a driving rain storm. I got the impression the vehicles are far more important then the guest and next time I'll keep on driving. The can show off a few more of their prize possessions and block the entire covered entrance.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, do not stay upstairs the doors are heavy and the stairs are not any fun with...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DENNIS D
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Dennis D,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for not exceeding your expectations. Our goal is to make sure that each and every one of our guest has a pleasant stay. I am greatly disappointed that we fell short of that goal during your stay.

I do understand your concerns and I want to assure you that our guests are always our first priority. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I do hope that you will reconsider your decision and will give us another opportunity to provide you with the courtesy and excellent service we strive for.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 318-556-2800.

DuPont, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Best Western North Inn & Suites in Bastrop: extremely friendly staff. Enjoyed our stay. Our family will definitely stay here again. Our room was ready when we arrived. Nice location. Grocery store across the street. Clean lobby and entrance to the building.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dipakpatel1, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Deanne C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are all so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our top priority to make sure that each and every guest has a wonderful experience. Having your family stay with us was a pleasure. Your family treated us with such kindness and we hope we gave that back to you 100%.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I hope to see you and your family again soon!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 318-556-2800.

Whitnie Payne
Front Office Manager
Bastrop, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very quiet hotel. Indoor entry to rooms and seemed to be very secure; must use room card key to enter through ANY door except the front lobby entrance. Even the lobby entrance door is locked at night and the clerk must ring you in before you have access. Satisfying breakfast. Clean rooms. Just a very good hotel to stay at for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dipakpatel1, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Jesse B,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. We strive each and every day to make sure all of our guests are provided with a comfortable stay. Our team is proud to hear that we achieved our goal.

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback. Please call our office if you need any assistance with booking in the future, please contact me at 318-556-2800. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again soon!

Whitnie Payne
Front Office Manager
Rowlett, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is in need of upgrades; appearance, need new bedding, need new towels, bathroom needs upgrades. Employees need to work on their appearance and professionalism. Remember that we are the Customers and should always be treated with the utmost respect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Brian M,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

We are currently undergoing renovations which will include new furniture for the guest rooms and changes to the appearance of the rooms. The offer we spoke about on the phone still stands whenever you are ready to take advantage of it.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 318-556-2800.

BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites

Travellers are raving about these Bastrop hotels

Bastrop, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff are quite friendly and have very pleasant attitudes. They ensure that your stay is one to remember. Breakfast was great; it was prepared early and maintained throughout the scheduled time. It is located so that you can reach other areas quickly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Jane Green,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are truly pleased that our customer service made you trip more pleasant. We strive to do this with each and every guest. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We look forward to seeing you again!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I will never stay in this hotel again. Manager is arrogant and does not care about customer service. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times since this is the city I grew up in. This is the only hotel of marginal quality in Bastrop, La. It not anywhere near great. But I stay there because my family lives in Bastrop. The last two times we stayed, we spent two nights. Both times we returned to the room after 10pm to find the room not cleaned; no clean towels, bathroom not cleaned, and the bed not made. The receptionist had to bring towels and make the bed. She did not cleaned the bathroom. The first time this happened we received $40 refund. This last time 1/19/14, the manager offered a $20 discount. I asked to speak to the manager as I felt this amount was not appropiate. He refused to see or speak to me and told me $20 was all the discount he was giving. End of story. Awful customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sue j
Dear Sue J,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I want to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our property. I am deeply saddened that your stay was not pleasant. I have taken all of your concerns to heart and I am working closely with our staff to improve upon these issues.

I understand your frustrations and I hope the 25% discount went a small way to ease a bit of that. I appreciate you making us aware of our shortcomings. I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. I value you business and I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the excellent customer service you deserve.

BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bastrop
Red Roof Inn West Monroe
Americas Best Value Inn - Crossett
Best Western West Monroe Inn
Best Western West Monroe Inn
#3 of 15 in West Monroe

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop? Share your experiences!