“Nice, clean, Best Western”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bastrop
Reviewed 4 May 2014

One of the cleanest and nice Best Western's I've stayed in. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. On my next trip through here is where I'll stay. The breakfast selection lacks but the room made up for it. Plenty of hot water, rooms were quite. If on the second floor you will have to carry up your bags as I didn't see an elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back seem to be quiter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We are so happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We strive to ensure each guest has a pleasant stay and we are ecstatic that we provided that for you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 318-556-2800.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The rooms are comfy. The bathrooms are small..When you sit on toilet, the toilet tissue is literally on your leg. If you dont want housekeeping to walk into your room 1st thing in morning, put Do Not Disturb sign up night before. Check in and out fast..but if you have rewards card..use it or your name may not get your reward points.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Darla G,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed to comfort of our guest rooms. We have been making many changes to our property to increase the comfort and convenience for each guest. I am very sorry if anyone came to your to early and disturbed you. We will definitely take your concern into consideration. We do not want to unduly disturb any guest.

We do encourage our guest to present their rewards cards upon check in. Sometimes a guest has more than one address and this leads to the guest having more than one profile. When this happens a guest may not receive points if that address or profile is not linked to the rewards account. However, if this does happen, we ask that guest notify us and we can reward the points that are due with no problem.

Thank you again for your feedback. You're business is very important to us and we hope to see you again soon. If you have any further concerns or question, please contact me at 318-556-2800. I would be happy to hear from you. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband has been here for months now and this is my second stay here with him. During my February visit, they were still remodeling and working mostly on the flooring. The weather wasn't too great and I spent most of my time inside. This trip is different, it's mid-April and warm outside. There is no place to sit except a curb with the fire ants! I've asked if I could go into the pool area where there are tables and chairs or if they could bring some out. While I was allowed in yesterday morning, I got chased out in the afternoon. I'm sorry, but this is crazy. Like Dennis D said in his review, those cars parked in the entryway seem to be more important than even the guests. Yes, they're still there! On my first trip they came into our room without knocking -even with the privacy sign on the door! This trip, they tried to come in just after 9AM (fortunately we had the lock on it). I just had to say something this time. Housekeeping tried to come in since the office "didn't have a future reservation" for us..? What happened to a checkout time? We had no plans to be leaving anytime soon, but I must say, I am hoping my husband will find another place before my next visit!
For my husband, here by himself, he finds service often frustrating-no coffee in his room, floors remaining dirty, etc. I think he's almost had his fill too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear love2travelwithBud,

I am very sorry to hear that we have not exceeding your expectations. I do apologize that we do not currently offer a place for guests to lounge outside of the hotel. Our pool does not officially open until Memorial Day, but we were more than happy to open it early to accommodate your. We have also retrained our housekeeping staff about the procedures for knocking in the morning and when they are allowed to go into rooms. I deeply apologize for having your privacy invaded.

We value both you and your husband as guests. We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Please notify our front desk if you have any concerns, so that we may take care of them as soon as possible. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We will take everything you said into consideration and we will strive to make sure the remainder of your stay and any future stay goes a smooth as possible. Thank you for taking the time to help us improve. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact me directly at 318-556-2800.

Cordially,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel appears to have a new coat of paint and some remodeling but the way the floor creaks under your every step on the second floor it makes one wonder if it was built right to begin with. The breakfast was a disappointment as the eggs were pre-fabricated round disk that were made by who knows when out of who knows what. I was also amazed that two spotless high dollar SUV's were blocking half the covered carport at the front entrance while several people spit polished and cleaned during my arrival. The next morning they still were blocking the drive during a driving rain storm. I got the impression the vehicles are far more important then the guest and next time I'll keep on driving. The can show off a few more of their prize possessions and block the entire covered entrance.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, do not stay upstairs the doors are heavy and the stairs are not any fun with...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DENNIS D
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Dennis D,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for not exceeding your expectations. Our goal is to make sure that each and every one of our guest has a pleasant stay. I am greatly disappointed that we fell short of that goal during your stay.

I do understand your concerns and I want to assure you that our guests are always our first priority. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I do hope that you will reconsider your decision and will give us another opportunity to provide you with the courtesy and excellent service we strive for.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 318-556-2800.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Best Western North Inn & Suites in Bastrop: extremely friendly staff. Enjoyed our stay. Our family will definitely stay here again. Our room was ready when we arrived. Nice location. Grocery store across the street. Clean lobby and entrance to the building.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dipakpatel1, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Deanne C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are all so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our top priority to make sure that each and every guest has a wonderful experience. Having your family stay with us was a pleasure. Your family treated us with such kindness and we hope we gave that back to you 100%.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I hope to see you and your family again soon!

Whitnie Payne
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very quiet hotel. Indoor entry to rooms and seemed to be very secure; must use room card key to enter through ANY door except the front lobby entrance. Even the lobby entrance door is locked at night and the clerk must ring you in before you have access. Satisfying breakfast. Clean rooms. Just a very good hotel to stay at for the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dipakpatel1, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Jesse B,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. We strive each and every day to make sure all of our guests are provided with a comfortable stay. Our team is proud to hear that we achieved our goal.

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback. Please call our office if you need any assistance with booking in the future, please contact me at 318-556-2800. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again soon!

Whitnie Payne
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is in need of upgrades; appearance, need new bedding, need new towels, bathroom needs upgrades. Employees need to work on their appearance and professionalism. Remember that we are the Customers and should always be treated with the utmost respect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Brian M,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

We are currently undergoing renovations which will include new furniture for the guest rooms and changes to the appearance of the rooms. The offer we spoke about on the phone still stands whenever you are ready to take advantage of it.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 318-556-2800.

BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop? Share your experiences!