Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop
US$42
US$86
US$73
RodewayInn
All reviewsfront deskcleaning staffenjoyed staying hereroom was cleannice hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulwhitneyfridgelouisianareceptionistlobbyluggage
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is nice has swimming pool. However, my room was not clean, the bathroom has hair all over the floor and bath tub. The night stands, and tv stands were extremely dirty. I had to purchase cleaning products to clean the room myself. I needed towels one day and was advised that they were ALL out. My stay was extremely pleasant after speaking with one of the front desk workers (Whitney Payne) her attitude was sweet, she was extremely nice made my stay more pleasant. I'm not certain if a manager will read this review but Whitney should receive recognition. She was the only person that was helpful. Housekeeping were rude and did not care about any of my issues.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room that you're staying before paying.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lovehappy l
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear lovehappy l,

Thank you for your recent review and stay at our property. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. After reading your review, I have taken time to go over our cleaning procedures individually with each of the housekeeping staff members. I also apologize for the shortage of towels. We have plenty for each and every guest and you should have received what you asked for. I have also spoken to my front desk staff in this regard to ensure they know where all of the extra linens and towels are held.

Thank you for complementing Whitnie. She is a very important part of our staff and I am happy to hear that she helped with any concerns that you had. I will pass along your compliments.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you our commitment to providing each guest with a excellent experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 318-.556-2800 if I can be of any help.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I work in this area of Louisiana and after reading the online reviews of this hotel I was a little skeptic of what to expect. Upon arriving I was greeted with a great attitude and bright smile. I made it to my room where I was shocked to see the size and quality of the room. And for the price i paid the value is definitely there. I had paid much more for an old out of date room without the amenities offered here, and this room Im describing is actually with the same chain! Now this was my first stay there so hopefully this quality will continue. But I believe this will be my base location to stay at while I work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dipakpatel1, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Mr. Eric D,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your pleasant attitude and laughter at our silly jokes really brightened my day when you arrived. Our housekeeping staff thought you were the best. We would love to see you again and please be assured that the quality services your received will continue.

We value your feedback and as a valued guest, we use any comment you make to better our staff and customer service. I was very pleased to hear from you today in regards to booking another stay with us. I look forward to seeing you very soon. If you need anything at all while you are staying with us please do not hesitate to let anyone on our staff know. We are here to help! Have a wonderful day, Mr. D and we will see you soon!

Whitnie Payne
Office Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

One of the cleanest and nice Best Western's I've stayed in. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. On my next trip through here is where I'll stay. The breakfast selection lacks but the room made up for it. Plenty of hot water, rooms were quite. If on the second floor you will have to carry up your bags as I didn't see an elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back seem to be quiter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We are so happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We strive to ensure each guest has a pleasant stay and we are ecstatic that we provided that for you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 318-556-2800.

BEST WESTERN North Inn & Suites

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The rooms are comfy. The bathrooms are small..When you sit on toilet, the toilet tissue is literally on your leg. If you dont want housekeeping to walk into your room 1st thing in morning, put Do Not Disturb sign up night before. Check in and out fast..but if you have rewards card..use it or your name may not get your reward points.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dipakpatel1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Darla G,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed to comfort of our guest rooms. We have been making many changes to our property to increase the comfort and convenience for each guest. I am very sorry if anyone came to your to early and disturbed you. We will definitely take your concern into consideration. We do not want to unduly disturb any guest.

We do encourage our guest to present their rewards cards upon check in. Sometimes a guest has more than one address and this leads to the guest having more than one profile. When this happens a guest may not receive points if that address or profile is not linked to the rewards account. However, if this does happen, we ask that guest notify us and we can reward the points that are due with no problem.

Thank you again for your feedback. You're business is very important to us and we hope to see you again soon. If you have any further concerns or question, please contact me at 318-556-2800. I would be happy to hear from you. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband has been here for months now and this is my second stay here with him. During my February visit, they were still remodeling and working mostly on the flooring. The weather wasn't too great and I spent most of my time inside. This trip is different, it's mid-April and warm outside. There is no place to sit except a curb with the fire ants! I've asked if I could go into the pool area where there are tables and chairs or if they could bring some out. While I was allowed in yesterday morning, I got chased out in the afternoon. I'm sorry, but this is crazy. Like Dennis D said in his review, those cars parked in the entryway seem to be more important than even the guests. Yes, they're still there! On my first trip they came into our room without knocking -even with the privacy sign on the door! This trip, they tried to come in just after 9AM (fortunately we had the lock on it). I just had to say something this time. Housekeeping tried to come in since the office "didn't have a future reservation" for us..? What happened to a checkout time? We had no plans to be leaving anytime soon, but I must say, I am hoping my husband will find another place before my next visit!
For my husband, here by himself, he finds service often frustrating-no coffee in his room, floors remaining dirty, etc. I think he's almost had his fill too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear love2travelwithBud,

I am very sorry to hear that we have not exceeding your expectations. I do apologize that we do not currently offer a place for guests to lounge outside of the hotel. Our pool does not officially open until Memorial Day, but we were more than happy to open it early to accommodate your. We have also retrained our housekeeping staff about the procedures for knocking in the morning and when they are allowed to go into rooms. I deeply apologize for having your privacy invaded.

We value both you and your husband as guests. We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Please notify our front desk if you have any concerns, so that we may take care of them as soon as possible. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We will take everything you said into consideration and we will strive to make sure the remainder of your stay and any future stay goes a smooth as possible. Thank you for taking the time to help us improve. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact me directly at 318-556-2800.

Cordially,