“Authentic Northern Italian with an LA Flavor”

DiGiulio Brothers Italian Cafe
Ranked #43 of 1,074 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Featuring an extensive menu that covers the usual Italian pasta favorites plus the addition of create your own pizzas and the expected Louisiana seafood variety--this restaurant has very good food, very friendly staff, and a wonderful neighborhood ambiance.

Definitely a place worth returning to--so many terrific meals! So little time!! And, oh dear!! I'm sure that it's not going to be good for the waistline.

Good for families--but, imo, not for very little kids. Can be a very romantic place--with a great wine selection. (Think Disney's 'Lady and the Tramp' sharing a plate of spaghetti and meatballs!)

1  Thank caveatactor

Reviewed 19 November 2012

What I really like about DiGiulio's is the feel to the restaurant, you feel like you are eating in your uncle's restaurant and not the local chain. The restaurant is relatively small so I would recommend getting there before 6 PM if you don't want to wait as they do not take reservations. I had a chicken dish and the house cabernet sauvignon that were both wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant more for couples or groups of 4 or less. The wait staff was excellent and very friendly.

1  Thank TexasLSUFan
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Their Diablo pasta is amazing - I think they only serve it on Wednesdays.My husband is a huge fan of their veal and eggplant parmesan - Very cozy atmosphere.

1  Thank Kristy K
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hole in the wall has a great wine selection, wonderful ambiance and wonderful authentic Italian Food. It's small and cramped but you don't hear the conversations at the nearby tables. It it's not too hot, the outdoor patio is nice and has misters that keep the heat down.

1  Thank Angel T
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have sporatically eaten at DiGiulio's for over 20 years, once for New Year's Eve. Sometimes there is an hour wait, but tonight there were several open tables. It is one room with the bar on a long wall and dining tables throughout. I would probably not take our grandchildren. It is more adult-oriented. We have tried and failed to prepare veal marsala and veal picatta at home. DiGiulio's does them both really... REALLY well. If I could cook them that well I would charge more than $22. The house salad has a tart balsalmic dressing and the bread has almost a cake texture.... both are fine with us. We watched our server at other tables and she had the patience of Job with the cranky seniors, and a pleasant personable attitude with us. The parking lot is gravel, and my wife commented that it would be hard on nice heels. So don't wear heels, okay? I saw a pizza served nearby and I may have to order one next time. This is a regular hangout for the neighborhood and deserves my highest rating. If you are near Perkins Road and Stanford/Acadian Thruway, it is just a block away. There are several great restaurants nearby and new ones opening, but DiGiulio's is a mainstay for nice Italian dishes.

1  Thank JSS3