“Great place to stay in BR”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This was a great place to stay while in Baton Rouge for business. it's location is perfect for seeing the sites and sounds of BR. Its close to LSU, Restaurants and shopping. The rooms where nice, very clean. the staff were very pleasant and helpful, They even helped me jump start my rental car that had battery issues.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sean M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you very much for writing such a positive review of the Baton Rouge DoubleTree By Hilton on TripAdvisor! Our entire staff greatly appreciates it! I'm so sorry that you had issues with your rental car during your stay, but I'm thrilled that there was something that we could do to assist you in getting it up and running again. We look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in Baton Rouge, and if there is ever anything that I may do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I knew the hotel was new from looking at the pictures online but seeing it in person I was extremely surprised on how great it looks. First walking in you get the feel of staying in a modern up to date hotel. Great for business travelers. The front desk agent Crystal was real nice by upgrading me to the 5th floor. The cookies were a disappointment but I won't hold the hotel for that. The rooms were really nice. The king suite with sofa bed has everything you need for a weekend stay. The pool is heated and indoors. The gym has everything you need. The pillows were extremely comfortable but bed wasn't as comfortable as a Garden Inn mattress. Overall great stay and didn't have any problems sleeping since I wasn't facing the interstate.

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite side of interstate
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Sean M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review for the Baton Rouge DoubleTree By Hilton on TripAdvisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed the layout of our rooms, and modern feel of our property! I hope that you consider us the next time you are in Baton Rouge, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is ever anything that I may do for you.

Sean P. Murphy
(225)925-1005

Reviewed 10 December 2013

this hotel was very comforting. i would stay here again and would recommend to anyone looking for a clean, relaxing place to stay. WONDERFUL! The staff is delightful! The one staff member that stood out beyond all to us was, Arleatha....very pleasant young woman.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sean M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review for the DoubleTree By Hilton Baton Rouge! Our staff appreciates it so much. Arletha sends her thanks and we all hope to see you again on your next visit to Baton Rouge. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Needed a room in the area and almost booked one down the street but iffy reviews changed my mind, and so glad I did! I arrived later than planned and tired. The girls at the desk were very pleasant and of course that wonderful Double tree cookie was a great treat on arrival! My room was very clean and comfy. The weather was nasty so I ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs. The steak dinner was great! My waitress was very nice and attentive. With the tv off I could hear traffic on I-10 but it didn't keep me awake. This hotel is a hidden jewel in BR! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the DoubleTree By Hilton Baton Rouge. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much! I have passed your comments along to the front desk and restaurant staff. We will always have a warm cookie waiting for you, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We booked this hotel a little too close to Thanksgiving. Our usual spot was not available, so we were a little worried about how things would go at the Double Tree. I read some fairly recent reviews that were not good, however, I am pleased to report that our stay was very nice.

I've worked on Thanksgiving Day, so I know it's not fun, but you have to smile and get on with life. The lady who was working the front desk appeared to be a little grumpy, but Larissa, who was working in the bar was a true ray of sunshine. She was also working breakfast the next morning, so she put in a lot of hours and was smiling every time we saw her. Thanks to her for making our stay so nice.

The rooms are okay. The wallpaper is weird because it looks like it has dirt smudges in the pattern, so at first you think it's dirty, but it's actually just a weird wallpaper pattern. Bathrooms were very clean, as were the sheets and towels. I also liked the shampoo, conditioner and lotions - smelled yummy.

We bring a "sound maker" with us when we travel, so there were no issues with highway noise for us.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of options to choose from. Again, Larissa was super friendly and helpful, as were the other staff who worked in the bar and restaurant.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We thank you for taking the time to write a review for the DoubleTree By Hilton Baton Rouge. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I have shared your comments with Larissa directly. She is so glad to hear that she had such a positive impression on you! I would also like to apologize for the front desk experience you had, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have used your comments as a training opportunity, as we are always striving to increase our level of service. Going forward I can assure you that you will always be greeted with a smile. I look forward to serving you again in the future, and if there is ever anything that I may do for you please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great place to stay. Clean, friendly, quality. Indoor pool and spa perfect place to relax and let the kids swim. Restaurant has great quality food. The only negative was the traffic noise, but that I think would have been a problem at any hotel in that area. All and all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M

Thank you so much for taking the time in your day to write a review for the Doubletree By Hilton Baton Rouge. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I have shared your comments with the food and beverage staff about your dining experience, and we all appreciate it very much! On your next trip to Baton Rouge I will be sure to block your room away from the Interstate to alleviate highway noise. If there is ever anything that I may do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is an excellent hotel with nice accommodations. Restaurant/Bar staff are gracious and remember your previous visits. Hotel used to be in another chain, but was taken over by Hilton and it is modern and up to date. Always stay here when available.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe M

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor for the Doubletree By Hilton Baton Rouge. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant so much! We hope to see you on your next visit to Baton Rouge, and thank you again for your feedback! Happy Holidays!