“Excellent!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is right down the road from the Hampton that I used to stay. I say used to because I'm switching to this hotel. Very clean, great gym, I mean one of the best. If you like to work out on those business trips then stay here. Pool looked nice too. It is close to many great restaurants and Whole Foods. I'll be back!
Side note - seems like the air in the hallways wasn't working. Room was very comfortable though.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree for 10 nights on business and found the staff and the property to be great! I ended up in a handicapped accessible room which turned out to be good. Everything had more room. After 10 days, the walls can begin to close in and that seemed to help. The linens were fresh, towels were soft. The A/C worked very well. When it was running, it was a little noisy, but something that I blocked out. The wi-fi internet was excellent. After 5 nights, I did try to see if I could get an upgrade, but none was available. The front desk staff saw me often enough that they started greeting me by name. A nice touch. The cookies are wonderful. I did not eat at the hotel or swim in the pool. Overall, I had an enjoyable stay and would likely stay at the Doubletree again when in Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: My room was on the backside of the hotel away from the freeway on the front, so I think it was quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Every time I have visited BR, I have stayed at this Doubletree. I'm a big fan of Doubletree's comfortable beds, nice sheets, and....the cookies! This is a recently renovated property and it's modern, trendy, and welcoming. The rooms are clean and well designed with cold air conditioning and new carpet and decor.

Room service is great as is the restaurant downstairs.

Staff is fantastic....I accidentally locked my keys (and cell phone and purse!) in my rental car, with it running, on my way to a meeting! The staff went out of their way to assist me to get the rental car company on the phone and help me get the car unlocked with onstar.

Location is great with plenty of restaurant choices in walking and driving distance.

Will continue to always stay here in BR!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Was quickly checked in upon arrival. There was a hick-up because my secretary scheduled me to arrive on Friday and I was supposed to arrive on Saturday. This was quickly overcome. Great service and the room was very nice and very clean. Great stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First time I slept at This hotel tell It was great! Thats why I came again. But this time Horrible ... Room smelled very strong scent of cleaning supplies.. The sheets on the bed were damp.. and the room wasn't nice and cool upon arrival.. I won't be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Miranda A
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This isn't a luxury hotel, but it is clean, modern, and one of the best places I've stayed in Baton Rouge, and I've stayed in a LOT of hotels in BTR. The staff is really helpful and pleasant, and you can't go wrong with the warm cookie on check in. As an aside, when the airline lost my luggage on a recent trip, leaving me hoping I had clothes for an early meeting the next morning, the desk attendant not only offered to call me if it hadn't arrived by the time she left in the morning or, if it had, to hold the delivery to my room until then so I could sleep, but she actually DID what she offered, which was wonderfully helpful and much appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LAATX
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a great hotel - recently renovated, laid out nicely, and a friendly, professional staff. Room rates were very reasonable too. The suite layout is perfect for kids to run around in. And...the cookies. Yeah. Love them.
My only negative I have is the bathroom lights - they're set to motion detectors, so they turned off automatically while I was in the shower (apparently out of range of the sensor), and also turned on to FULL BRIGHTNESS when I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better because you're on the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family