“Great Value”

Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Dallas, Texas
“Great Value”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Always pass through Baton Rouge, but was forced to stop twice in the last month. Good location, easily accessible down a road with several other hotels. I went on HH points (only 20k). I got a corner suite, both rooms were clean. The staff was friendly and even helped me when I mis-booked my stay for the wrong date (thankfully they had a room). The breakfast is a great deal if you have HH status.

1 Thank John H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My significant other and I decided to take a trip to celebrate our anniversary. I am an employee of the Hilton, so we booked a king room at the Double Tree. Things were great at the hotel. The bed was AWESOME!!! It felt like a bed made of clouds (my boyfriend didn't want to get up). Upon going to the bathroom, he could not get the toilet to flush. We called down to tell the front desk, but could not get anyone to answer. After 30 minutes, we finally called from our cells and got an answer. They sent up the security guard. He brought a plunger to the room. I told him what was going on, put some tissue in the toilet, and flushed (to show him what was happening). Without even using the plunger, he stated that maintenance would have to come in the morning to take a look. Completely understandable, I work at an hotel so I know those things will happen. He said he would inform the front desk. Again after another forty five minutes, the front desk clerk still had not called to switch us out of rooms. Well we went down to the front desk and the security guard tells the clerk that nothing was wrong with our room?!?! Really?!?!? Nothing is wrong. So the front desk clerk finally moves us after we say what is wrong. We were moved to a room with 2 queen beds that were not nearly as comfortable, but the bathroom did work.

The next morning I spoke with the AGM who apologized. I told him that working at a hotel, I understood, but the security guard needs to be aware of lying. The AGM stated that it was serious, but he could not refund my room because the drop had already left. Then he stated that he would give me enough points for a free night stay. Well it is now August and I have not received those points. I have called and I'm always told that it was done, sorry, they'll do it again. I understand that I am an employee and I get a cheap rate, but that should not exclude the fact that I was a guest and had problems. I wonder if my rate had not been low, would I have gotten my points by now or my money back?? I know that this review would have had a nicer ending if they had kept their word......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear CreoleGrown

I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had at our hotel. I would also like to assure you that we cherish the opportunity to host fellow Hilton employees at our property and by no means slight them of service. We hope that you come back to give us another try in the future
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very Happy with our stay in Baton Rouge. Hotel was Clean and in a part of tow with lots of places to eat. Rooms were modern and staff were very helpful. Pool was small, but gym was better than I expected. Will stay here again if passing thru.

Room Tip: I booked thru Hilton Honors and got a great rate
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
new orleans, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

On of the best designed rooms I've stayed in. The separation of the bed from the rest of the room was nice. Very comfortable bed. Excellent workstation for the business traveler. Very easy access and strong Wi-Fi. We asked for extra towels to be sent up and they never were. No cookies :-(

Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We needed a nice, clean, quiet hotel to stay for just one night. This hotel provided all of that and more. It was easy to get to the hotel, plenty of restaurants nearby for dinner. The hotel also had a great breakfast buffet!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I really enjoy staying at the Double Tree, not just because of the cookies - but the staff is wonderful. Always smiling and helpful anyway they can be. The only thing about this location if you are not familiar with Baton Rouge, it can seem a little difficult to get in/out of (one of the exits only allow you one direction at the light).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Hi Pam J!

Thank you so much for this kind review. We are truly honored to service you. We hope that you come back soon to see us again!
breaux bridge, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel. The guy who checked us in was not friendly. He placed our key cards on the counter and walked away. He did not say where our room was located, point us in the direction of the elevator nor did he say enjoy your stay. Thank goodness everything else was great!

1 Thank Stephanie R