“Great service and extras.”

Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Montreal, Canada
“Great service and extras.”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stopped in with no reservation. Nice quiet room. The snacks and drinks at 5 pm were an unexpected surprise and the breakfast was quite good for a hotel buffet.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank honeybee2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Loved this place! Great happy hour and great breakfast! Pet friendly :) staff was great will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Jennyrmalloy
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Absolutely amazing from beginning to end! We stayed here for our 17th wedding anniversary and it could not have been better!

It's really hard to believe this hotel is several years old. The pics you see on their website is exactly what you see when you get there. Management, Maintenance & Housekeeping are doing a fantastic job keeping this place up! I'm a somewhat picky person and could not find one thing wrong.

The staff is so wonderful! Very friendly, helpful and informative. Hope made our check-in very smoothly and we especially fell in love with Jackie who takes care of the Breakfast Bar and the evening Kickback. She made us feel right at home and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and satisfied. Jackie is an extremely hard worker and you can tell she truly enjoys her job. She was such a pleasure to see each day. It was also very nice to be greeted by the Manager each time we visited the Breakfast/Kickback area. He was also very friendly and sincere and we were always greeted with a welcoming smile.

We were also very impressed with the Breakfast Bar and the Kickback area. The food was delicious and extremely fresh. The way it is designed, it makes you feel like you're at home, in your own kitchen, rather than at a hotel. Not to mention, Jackie did a great job keeping the area clean and replenished. The complimentary beverages, in the evening, were also a nice addition as well. And Jackie's Special Fruity Drink she created for me was amazing! lol

We also appreciated being able to have a late check out.

This was our very first stay at a Drury, but it definitely will not be our last. In fact, from now on, Drury will definitely be first on our list. In the past, we've stayed at some 5 star hotels that were not nearly as nice as this one!

Great job, Drury! Please keep it up!!

Mr and Mrs Young

Room Tip: The Oversized King Rooms are amazingly spacious! Truly feels like an apartment!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank slryoung
NW Indiana
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The Drury never disappoints. My mother and I stayed at the Essen Lane property this last weekend. We were visiting my nephew in the hospital and the staff was very accommodating which made it so much easier under such stressful conditions. The hotel is clean and comfortable - add that to all of the extras and you can not beat the rate:) Thanks so much Drury:)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kathrynat
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Spent one night there. Although 3 or 4 years old, the whole place appeared as new. Good temperature control in room, nice shower with dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and gel.
The "happy hour" was extensive with hot dogs, chips, chili, vegetables and the like. Bartender had personality and mixed well. Breakfast was typical and pretty varied. Bacon would be a nice addition, but scrambled eggs and sausage fit my protein requirement.
Location is very convenient to most of Baton Rouge, just a block or so from the I10 / I12 split.
Would have preferred some weights in the fitness room, but several treadmills were being used there. The pool looked nice, but we did not use it.
Staff were very helpful with all of our questions,

Room Tip: No special views at this location.
3 Thank 1956ford
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We will be adding free weights and a bench to our fitness center later this year. This addition is a direct result of response to our guests requests and needs. Thank you so much for your time and feedback. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Stacy Jarrard
Dallas
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Ok, I'll cut Drury some slack because it was Christmas day when my why wife and I checked in for a two night stay while visiting family. Management and staff were very friendly, and we enjoyed the Drury amenities as usual, like the included breakfast, Internet connectivity, etc. But our room wasn't thoroughly clean, some popcorn on the floor, and a sock left by previous guests. No big deal. But on Monday after returning to our room that evening, it had not received cleaning service. The staff was quick to bring up fresh towels when we called. I am still a fan of Drury, having previously stayed in a number of them, including the Baton Rouge location.

2 Thank WalkingTraveller
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We travel to Baton Rouge once or twice a month for hospital visits/treatment (we live 4 hours away from Baton Rouge and appointments are usually early morning so sometimes it's a necessity to stay overnight) We stayed at the Drury Inn Thursday night and I hated that we had to check in after 10:30pm because we didn't really get a chance to enjoy our stay (my daughter would have LOVED the indoor pool!) The lady that checked us in was very friendly, the lobby was inviting (once the really loud group got checked in and out of the lobby). Everything was nice with the exception of the screaming baby in the room next to us (no, not the hotels fault at all), the musty bedding and the MOLDY BATHROOM. Upon checkout I wanted to let someone know about the issues so that they could be resolved for the next guests, I waited until there was no one else at the front desk to avoid any 'scene' or unnecessary attention brought upon the room's issues. The young lady said "you'll want to talk to the assistant manager about that" as he walked around the corner to the front desk, I showed him pictures I had taken so that he could see for himself. Well, he apparently didn't care, he said, "Oh, yeah, OK.....Thanks" and walked away. I didn't expect anything to be discounted or free, if I couldn't afford to stay there I wouldn't, but what I did expect was a CLEAN and MOLD FREE room INCLUDING bathroom. He could have at the very least APOLOGIZED for the condition of the room (I did not feel comfortable with my small child bathing in the bath tub, at least my husband and myself can avoid the moldy areas while showering--gross!)

Room Tip: I have photographs of the mold and will add those
4 Thank S T
Thank you for sharing your experience. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

Stacy Jarrard