“Excellent value; friendly staff”

Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here for two weeks in August. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our one negative comment would be regarding the housekeeping staff. Some team members were great; others neglected their duties. Yes, we would return if circumstances brought us back to Baton Rouge.
If you find yourself in Baton Rouge, be sure to check out the art gallery of clay paintings!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We found our stay to be just what we needed although this was not the newest Drury Inn I have visited. I didn't find anything to be dirty even though some of the carpet and decor did seem a bit "tired".
The check-in service was friendly and helpful. My family was given rooms directly across from each other even though we had been told there was no guarantee we would have rooms that were close.
I didn't try the breakfast buffet myself, but was told by family members that it was good. I did hear some pretty loud children in the hallway several times, but all was quiet by 11 pm. No one in my party noticed any unsavory people outside the hotel or in the lobby area as has been reported by other reviewers. The hotel did seem busy, but I wasn't surprised considering the affordable price. At check out I did have to wait a few minutes to find someone I could give my room cards to.
The only down side I noticed was the fact that it is not necessarily easy to access the hotel once off the interstate. There is plenty of parking once you get to it, but you will need to pay careful attention to access the parking lot.
However, now that I have learned to navigate the area, I would stay here again when visiting Baton Rouge. My priority for visiting this area is low cost and the price was right!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very crowed and noisy due to multiple weddings made the afternoon snacks very uncomfortable but the staff did an excellent job of staying cool even when folks far exceeded "snack" situations. The hotel is a bit hard to understand how to access but there was amply parking even with the crowed condition. Rooms were well done and fairly quiet once the outdoor pool ceased activity. The property was well maintained and the breakfast was excellent. Location was fairly convenient when traveling Eastward and not planning on doing much in Baton Rouge but access was limited.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had checked in and were just expecting a no frills experience but after a failed attempt (3 rooms) we checked out. The first room they sent us to, which was perhaps an honest mistake, was already occupied and my kid was met by a large dog once the door was opened. Nice dog thankfully. Second attempt we opened the room and it smelled of dog/human urine. Didn't stay long in there, so for the last time we asked for another room. We were doing ok until I sat in the chair and realized that if I were to be comfortable on any level I would be asking for extra sheets to place over all the room. Needless to say we checked out. Can't say anything about the staff as we were taken care of and even offered an upgraded room at this point. I will say that the hotel gives the impression that it is clean, comfortable and a great value but we found out otherwise. Just dirty and run down inside.

3  Thank mminer4
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced. This is absolutely not up to Drury standards, nor is this the norm for our Drury. I want to assure you that we are working closely with our entire team to ensure no other guest shares your same experience. Thank you again for your feedback as it is very valuable to us in improving our services. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband already checked us in (2 rooms) but when I went back to ask which room was the suite, the lady just asked, 'didn't you already go in there?' She had been calling everyone else 'baby, sweetheart, honey' but just looked at me like I was a bother. Carpet in halls were filthy, stained; rugs in elevator didn't look like they'd been vacuumed in days. Mildewed shower curtain, vent fan in bathroom didn't work. Very disappointed especially since we were treating another family to a suite! Way too much money for what we got.

• Stayed: August 2013

We sincerely apologize that you had an issue during your recent stay. We value your business and sincerely regret that the customer service you received was not what you expected. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I booked hotel on other viewers comments. I was a little disappointed. I came down to help my son move into his new off campus housing. We arrived at 10:30. A drunk guest was standing by the entrance. When I told the front desk, the clerk responded that he must have had to many if the free drinks. The rooms were nice; however the bathroom shower curtain was filthy. In addition, the hallway Capet is filthy. The free breakfast is a joke. On Saturday they ran out of food. When we came back on Friday, I was surprised to see that my door was open and unlocked. I immediately called the front desk and the young lady said she would get back to me. As of now no one has contacted me.. In addition, I did not like the location of the hotel. I normally stay on college drive. Also there is no security here. Anyone can walk off street and into elevators and into your rooms. This will be my first and last stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay at end of long hallway. Kind of spooky..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize that you had concerns during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, and I hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I've stayed here numerous times and have never had a negative experience. Check-in is fast, the rooms are very nice and clean and the beds comfortable with good bedding. A real plus is the Kick-Start food and beverages from 5:30-7:00. We enjoyed hot dogs, chicken fingers (excellent), baked potatoes, beef and vegetable soup, macaroni and cheese and salad. They also serve a complete hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, waffles, muffins, toast) and it is all included in the price of the room. The dining area is ver nice as well as roomy. We enjoy playing cards in the evening while munching on free popcorn and soft drinks.

1  Thank Vickisuttle