Supreme Inn & Suites
Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel is close to the Baton Rouge Airport and it's inexpensive (my overnight was about $57). Other than that though, it is just passable. I've seen the other reviews and even though my room wasn't dirty or stinky, there wasn't much to recommend it, either. However, besides its location and price, it also had a microwave and fridge which is important to me since I usually travel with my own food. As a person who travels all over the country providing training required by USEPA (40 CFR 265.16) and USDOT (49 CFR 172, Subpart H), all I really need is a roof, a bed, and a breakfast. Though lacking in the polished professionalism of some other hotels, the young lady who staffed the desk was very pleasant. When I return to Baton Rouge to conduct HazMat Employee and RCRA Training, I will stay at this hotel. One note of caution: though they came through for me, the shuttle from the airport may not be entirely reliable.

Room Tip: There is no place to eat within walking distance, and you don't want to go out for a walk anyway...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The facilities are a bit outdated, but not unclean. The room was very large but just felt sort of run down and dated. The front desk, while helpful, was not very pleasant. What kept me from giving a 3* "average" rating was breakfast. We went down at about 8am and there were 2 choices of cereal, one bagel, a half gallon of milk in a bowl of ice, some juice and some coffee. That was it. I don't know if it was just that they had run out of things, or if that is the typical breakfast. Needless to say, we ended up eating breakfast elsewhere.

Also, while they offer free wi-fi, I could not get a strong enough signal in our room to use it. I had to use our mobile service as the signal wouldn't enable me to do anything on my phone or chromebook.

If you are looking for a decent place to simply sleep, then this should fit the bill, just don't pay more than $60 / night. If you want to be able to have some semblance of a breakfast and have a bit more of an updated touch, I would recommend spending a bit more to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

As soon as we got in the room I started cleaning. I'm including pictures so you'll see what you're getting into if you stay here. We tracked down an odor in the room that was coming from the trash can that someone had threw up in, house keeping did take it away and bring us another. We stayed because it was close to where my husband was working for a few days and we earn points for future stays, but not at this Days Inn again. When I pulled the bedspread back the next day I found blood on it and had it replaced, but the sheets were clean. What appears to be blood on the head board and something dripping down the wall can tell you how well the house keepers clean for the next guest. I didn't deal much with the staff because they didn't appear to be very friendly. And why would someone call your room at 6:00 AM to ask if you want room service?

Reviewed 22 April 2014

But not more than that. The hotel is located behind a bail bondsman, which should give you an idea of the neighborhood and I have a suspicion that at least a few of the guests were only using the room for an hour, but at least they were quiet.

The carpet in the elevator was absolutely filthy, but the hallway and room was clean. I even walked around in bare feet and they stayed clean.

I had a suite, complete with small sink and counter area, with microwave and refrigerator, a sofa, coffee table, desk and chair, and a dresser with six drawer. The king-size bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet, despite being across from the airport. However, I had to move a bedside stand in order to plug in the clock (who is running around unplugging hotel clocks?), and not only was there quite a collection of dust, dirt, and bits of paper behind it, there was an empty soda can under the head of the bed. Housekeeping is perfunctory - I had to wipe sticky stuff off of the counter by the sink and off of the bedside stand, there was a soap wrapper in the bathroom trash can, and the coffee pot had not been washed. Also, there was coffee, but no creamer/sugar/etc. packet.

The whole place could use some TLC -- the trim was missing around the tub/shower surround, the faucet was held on with a big wood screw that stuck out a good 1/2", that sort of thing, but everything worked.

Reviewed 12 April 2014