“Excellent Choice”
Review of Stroubes Chophouse

Stroubes Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stroubes Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,042 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Blvd
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I'm stuck between a 4 and a 5 on the overall rating .....I'll go with the 5. I've been to Stroubes at least 5 - 7 times now, and each time it is excellent. We've had the fish, steak, salad, soups, appetizers... even desert. Each dish has always tasted excellent. Plus the decor is really nice. The booths are cozy. The darker walls with the lighting is soft. My only complaint is I would like to see more appetizers on the menu (and the small appetizers seem a bit pricey at times). This restaurant is a good choice and worth driving downtown. We will definitely eat there several times a year.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank BR_Tigers

Prescott, Arizona
“Fabulous LA Cuisine”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We ate dinner here twice. The food was divine. The second time we ordered 4 appetizers and shared -- that was the most fun, and a great way to taste a lot of dishes. Eat here, and you will be very happy.

Visited February 2012
Perth, Australia
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I dined here twice on my stay in Baton Rouge due to the limited dining options in Downtown. Both times the waitstaff were excellent and knowledgeable on the menu. The menu itself has a large range of salads, soups, side dishes and mains, including 4 different steak options and accompanying sauces. The prices are at the higher end of the scale, but would be expected for a restaurant aimed to cater for the business crowd.

My colleague and I ordered steaks the first time, both requested to be cooked medium. The accompany salad and side dishes were excellent, but the steak was a dissapointment. Although tender, cutting into it there was no sign anywhere of pink. It was late however, and we were hungry so had it been any other time it would've been sent back.

The second visit was much better. We both passed on the steak options given our past experience, however our colleague who joined us this time had his steak cooked to perfection. I ordered the duck which was excellent. Well cooked medium in a delicious sauce with accompanying asparagus, beans and potatoes. My colleague ordered a seafood ravioli which was also good. The miss on this occassion was the waiter who could not pour a beer. He had several opportunities during the night, and all occassions resulted in an excessively frothy beer. One pour was so bad that there was only a third of the glass with beer, the rest the froth.

• Visited February 2012
Louisiana
“Nice atmosphere, food could be better.”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We've been to Stroubes before, and loved the food, so maybe we just hit it on an off night. I ordered the Stoubes' salad, and it had old, slimy greens in the salad and had an incredibly vinegery dressing. My Louisiana Drum was very good, though. My dinner partner ordered the special, which included a lobster tail, and, after about three minutes, the waiter came back and said they didn't have any more lobster. We later heard another waiter offering the lobster to another group of people. The ambiance was still very nice, though not quite nice enough to make it worth the nearly one hundred dollars for two entrees, one drink and one salad.

1 Thank Liv2swim
January
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and outstanding service!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just finished eating one amazing meal here. We started out with the stroubes roll which was unbelievably good. My husband had the surf and turf and I had the duck duo. We could not believe how tender, juicy, and flavorful the entire meal was. Our server, Joseph was fantastic. I was torn between the mahi mahi and the duck duo. He explained in perfect detail both dishes and other items on their menu. He was pleasantly attentive without being intrusive. All around it was a perfect evening. This was our first time here and will certainly not be our last.

1 Thank Stubbysgirl08