“Points versus Cash/Credit Card”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Siegen Lane
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Shreveport, LA, United States
“Points versus Cash/Credit Card”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Need better understanding of policy. The reservation was made online. Why not just honor it. It appears that some of the employees dont understand to check to see how the reservation was made and then to get a supervisor or manager to call and confirm that they will be reimbursed. If you have Elite member status, it should mean more than just a title.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Versa C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
lafayette, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Friendly, professional staff. Rooms super clean. Easy access to I-10. Nice continental breakfast. Bed comfortable, slept well. Quiet. Will stay here again when I come to Baton Rouge. And I will bring my little dog with me!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Deborah Y
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I hate to give this good hotel a rating as low as a three, but read on. The last time we stayed there, we were awakened at 5:00 AM with a very loud fire alarm. I seemed to be the only one who got dressed and went out to investigate. No one was at the desk; the desk clerk was probably investigating the fire. Later I learned that there had been an event in a room that triggered the alarm. Can't help but wonder if early morning fire alarms are routine and that is why no one else got out to look. The time before that, we stayed on the ground floor on the front side of the hotel. A lady had backed her large pickup truck almost up to our window. Early the next morning she started the truck with great difficulty and idled it for 15 minutes. The windows in this hotel do not seal out the outside air and noise very well, and my wife and I had to breathe her exhaust for 15 minutes until she pulled away from her parking spot. The time before that, we got to the hotel very tired after a long trip and went to bed at 10:00 PM. At 10:30 we were awakened by water dripping onto the carpet. The hotel has plastic waste baskets, so I put one under the drip hoping that would take care of it till morning. It started making a lot of noise as the waste basket got more full, so I put in a newspaper to muffle the drips. The desk clerk said it was probably a plugged up air conditioner drain on the floor above us, so she moved us and gave us a free night. This hotel is clean and the staff is nice, but the guests tend to smoke a lot , they back their cars in toward the first floor rooms, and there are a lot of guest dogs. The dogs have never been a problem so far. There has been some remodeling, and the beds and pillows are excellent. The climate control works.

Room Tip: We have stayed in many different rooms in this hotel, and we have never had a room where the window...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guest080
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The young lady at the front desk was very nice..I forgot here name Awry...something like that. Anyway.
A certain section of the hall smelled like urine. The room also had a uriney smell, but my family and I were out most of the time. Room above us had some sort of leak the morning we left, which cause the sprinkler in the bathroom to leak. The shower head appeared to be spackled to the wall. Will NOT stay at this one ever again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank melissa s

Travellers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Ok I have been staying at laQuinta everywhere. This first time that we didn't stay due exterior and interior !! Horrible !!! There men outside parking lot drinking beer outfit a brown bag and telling and screaming at cars . And the exterior looked haggard to say the least . We thought maybe it just a off thing . We went inside and the last at the night desk was so rude and had no Coathe !! Ended up next door at raddison for 2x the price !!!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Margarita A
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My stay wasn't the greatest.pictures on website are deceiving.my door to the room had a gap in it so big you see into the room from the hallway.later that night I went to the front desk for a blanket dogs big&small were everywhere.I asked the front desk clerk did they have certain rooms for visitors who bring pets.she replid no at that point I felt like I was staying at pet hotel.although room didn't have a smell I felt so nasty just the thought that dogs may have been in the very bed that was given to me to sleep in.I will never stay at this la quinta again.the leastthey could do is have certain rooms for pets.

• Stayed August 2013

3 Thank max4912
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the LaQuinta off of Flordia Ave in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
There was a breakfast attendant there named Katice. Katice is attentive to her guests and gives them first class service. All of the attendants there are super nice, and they pride themselves on keeping the hotel as clean and neat as possible.
The friendly service and smiles there made me feel welcomed, and relaxed. I enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: If you don't feel as if you are welcomed in any place, leave.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business