“Visiting family”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Siegen Lane
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I went to Baton Rouge for my granddaughters graduation and made reservation with La Quinta for one week from the 14th May to 21st of May. Because of a screw-up with American Airline I arrived at the hotel on the 15th of May and they waived the "No show charge on my bill which I thought was very friendly gesture of the Hotel staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Elsa K

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was my first ever stay at a La Quinta hotel. I'm afraid it may be my last as well. We stayed for 5 nights.

The Good:
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable. For some reason our cards wouldn't work properly for the first 2 days and they were always helpful in fixing the issue. The continental breakfast was actually pretty good too. You can even make your own waffles. My only complaint would be the lack of "protein". They had rolls, waffles, cereal, toast, bagels, muffins and finally hard boiled eggs. Lots of condiments for everything, plenty of syrup, butter, cream, etc. The A/C in the room worked really well, almost too well in fact. We had to turn it up to keep from getting too cold. The HDTV was 720p and had HDMI/USB hookups for using with a laptop or other electronics and setup was easy.

The Bad: For some reason this hotel seems to be the choice for construction companies. As such there were always a lot of somewhat shady looking people loafing around, smoking outside and because of the workers the inside of the hotel (the elevator and hallways) always had an off smell to them. I could often smell cigarette smoke rather strongly. The doors also shut VERY loudly. The hotel has free access WiFi, but it's terribly slow. It's almost impossible to stream netflix on it, even at low quality. The bathroom was VERY small. Much smaller than I am used to, however the water did get very hot.

The Ugly: While our room was clean, there were sugar ants in the sink area that we could not get rid of. I saw what looked like a roach in elevator. When we needed to exchange some bed clothing, the comforter had a cigarette burn mark on it. The desk chair had permanent oily looking stains (presumbly from the overalls of the construction workers mentioned above). Because of all the shift workers in this hotel we were often woke up in the night (remember the loud doors) of people coming and going.

In summary:
Great staff
Ok breakfast
Everything else was lacking

I would have expected this from a much cheaper hotel, but we paid over $90/night for this. That's totally unacceptable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Need better understanding of policy. The reservation was made online. Why not just honor it. It appears that some of the employees dont understand to check to see how the reservation was made and then to get a supervisor or manager to call and confirm that they will be reimbursed. If you have Elite member status, it should mean more than just a title.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Versa C
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Friendly, professional staff. Rooms super clean. Easy access to I-10. Nice continental breakfast. Bed comfortable, slept well. Quiet. Will stay here again when I come to Baton Rouge. And I will bring my little dog with me!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Deborah Y
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I hate to give this good hotel a rating as low as a three, but read on. The last time we stayed there, we were awakened at 5:00 AM with a very loud fire alarm. I seemed to be the only one who got dressed and went out to investigate. No one was at the desk; the desk clerk was probably investigating the fire. Later I learned that there had been an event in a room that triggered the alarm. Can't help but wonder if early morning fire alarms are routine and that is why no one else got out to look. The time before that, we stayed on the ground floor on the front side of the hotel. A lady had backed her large pickup truck almost up to our window. Early the next morning she started the truck with great difficulty and idled it for 15 minutes. The windows in this hotel do not seal out the outside air and noise very well, and my wife and I had to breathe her exhaust for 15 minutes until she pulled away from her parking spot. The time before that, we got to the hotel very tired after a long trip and went to bed at 10:00 PM. At 10:30 we were awakened by water dripping onto the carpet. The hotel has plastic waste baskets, so I put one under the drip hoping that would take care of it till morning. It started making a lot of noise as the waste basket got more full, so I put in a newspaper to muffle the drips. The desk clerk said it was probably a plugged up air conditioner drain on the floor above us, so she moved us and gave us a free night. This hotel is clean and the staff is nice, but the guests tend to smoke a lot , they back their cars in toward the first floor rooms, and there are a lot of guest dogs. The dogs have never been a problem so far. There has been some remodeling, and the beds and pillows are excellent. The climate control works.

Room Tip: We have stayed in many different rooms in this hotel, and we have never had a room where the window...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guest080
A TripAdvisor Member
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I checked in on Friday, 2/21/12 til Sunday, 2/22/14 and the staff was friendly, hotel was clean, room clean, was in a very good location with access to the highway, and I really njoyed my stay and will refer the hotel to my family and friends

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The young lady at the front desk was very nice..I forgot here name Awry...something like that. Anyway.
A certain section of the hall smelled like urine. The room also had a uriney smell, but my family and I were out most of the time. Room above us had some sort of leak the morning we left, which cause the sprinkler in the bathroom to leak. The shower head appeared to be spackled to the wall. Will NOT stay at this one ever again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family