“Great location”

Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Everything in Baton Rouge is about twenty minutes apart and this hotel is centrally located. Much better then most of the 'quality/ affordable' places I've previously stay in elsewhere.
I plan on returning again. Alex, the young lady working the front desk at night, was great and just made the stay that much more pleasant.

Room Tip: The third floor has sleep number beds and they're well worth the extra $15+ .
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NotSoGoldilocks
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Great experience all around, could not ask for a better experience. They were very courteous and accommodating to our needs! Special thanks to Victoria and Richard (food and beverage) and staff..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Blake K
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a different STYLE hotel, yes a little older but still a great value and WONDERFUL for a long stay. I stayed here on business for over 4 nights. The staff was ESPECIALLY helpful (NADIA she was the best they have), they practically bend over backwards to help me out with ANYTHING I needed. The property was in a safe location and easy in and out access to main hwy. The sleep number beds (if you ask for the floor they are on) are absolutely wonderful, I got the best sleep I have ever gotten. It was very clean, and the rooms were a bit small but still nice and UPDATED. The shower is amazing with all different settings and shower heads, ect... The room service was also reasonable and they had very good food. They have on site laundry, you name it they have everything you need without leaving the hotel. The only CON is the side I stayed on was by the interstate so ask for a room that is MORE quiet the inner rooms instead. Other than that I was so impressed by this hotel! Hope this helps! You can also get great rates by just asking! :)

Room Tip: Ask for one of the inner rooms, not by the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ms_Pessimistic
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I won this hotel on priceline for a great price. We were in town for the UK vs LSU basketball game so we only needed a hotel for one night. After reading the reviews I was a little worried about staying here. Once we got to the hotel though, my worries were erased.

I'm guessing it's standard for them to put priceline winners on the highway side. I brought earplugs so I was prepared. There were times that the traffic was more noticeable than others but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The beds were nice and comfortable, room was clean. Our room didn't have a flat screen television but there was a nice arrangement of channels available. Bathroom was just ok. It could have been cleaner in my opinion and I'm not even picky about stuff like that. I liked the futuristic shower but prefer a tub for my son so that was a tad disappointing.

I did notice a musty odor when I laid down in bed. I tried for 20 minutes to figure out where it was coming from but never did. There is no carpet in the room so no idea what would have caused it. I'm guessing it was coming from the wall.

Overall, not a bad stay for what I paid and I wouldn't have an issue staying here again for a good deal. I would not pay full price for this hotel though. There are much better hotels for the money if you are paying full price!

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the non-interstate side, do so.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sdgilliam8
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stay in Baton Rouge twice a month on business and I have driven by this hotel many times never thinking of it as a place I would stay. I rolled the dice on Priceline and won this hotel. I was shocked at how COOL this hotel is. The theme of the hotel is one to remember and want to come back to! It was also very clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We had reserved 14 rooms for family and friends from out of state, for a wedding. The manager was very accommodating on price. Traveling for 14 hours, we arrived early, and the hotel allowed us to check in several hours early. They helped us find storage for supplies we brought for the rehearsal dinner. They allowed our group to stay together on the same floor. The breakfast was not included, but was very nice for the price. They helped us with several details for the wedding, offered sightseeing options, and were overall very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I bid on Priceline and obtained a good rate, and we were assigned this motel (it's not a hotel). It's supposed to be a Radisson but the exterior decor is very strange--not sure if it's supposed to be art deco...? It looks like a bunch of dark yellow crowns stacked together or boxes of fast food french fies. Entering the lobby, there was a registration desk and behind that, a bar (which we did not use) and a rather on the pricey side cafe called Bistro 224 which offered room service (however, we only used it for complimentary coffee in the morning.) Since the hotel is the closest thing you can get to sleeping on I-10, be sure to request a room away from it and the extremely heavy traffic. Check-in was easy and we drove to the side door of the hotel and used our plastic room key to access the building and our 3rd floor room. We noticed that the hallway rugs were in need of a rigorous cleaning or being replaced. Now for the room: the decor was a shock. It looked like a failed attempt at modernization with sculpted painted walls. The floors appeared to be cheap laminate, the round cushioned chair had a square hole in it for something (?). The bathroom had a plexi-glass countertop with a built-in sink resting on chrome legs. The shower was sci-fi with lots of knobs and there was an instruction sheet on the counter for those brave enough to attempt taking a shower. Once you get over the shock of this decor, the room surprisingly contained all the amenities: pillows and mattress covered by a duvet were comfortable (however, the dirty bolster could have been eliminated), free easily accessible internet, nice flat screened TV, mini fridge, coffee pot, room darkening draperies, ironing board and iron, hair dryer, ice bucket, alarm clock, plenty of linens, shampoo (etc), The drawback to this hotel is that it is located near to Louisiana State University (which was not in session due to winter break) and there was a Louisiana high school wrestling tournament taking place during the time we were there. Three wrestling teams of teenagers squealed and ran up and down the hallways until about 3 a.m. To sum up my experience: if you can get over the weird decor, stay in a room away from the interstate and stay there when LSU is not on break (when it has high school activities taking place on campus),you could do worse. It just is not a three star motel.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor and request room away from interstate
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple