“Weekend Getaway Spot”

Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 6 March 2013

While accessing the property isn't easy, the close proximity to I-10 is great for those wanting easy entry to the interstate. The staff are friendly and work hard to please guests (special kudos for Vu in the Bar, Grant - the waiter, and Robert H - Asst Gen. Mgr). Point taken off for that weird smell (like a dirty mop) when you walk in the door. I was pleased to see that the room and other areas were clean. (Note: this hotel also has a liberal pet policy.)

Room Tip: Executive level rooms come with sleep number beds. However, the small and noisy elevator may not be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and praising the Food & Beverage staff, they take great pride in the recognition they get and so richly deserve. I am pleased to say we have taken care of the problem with the initial entrance aroma and will be working diligently to avoid a repeat occurence.

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Got what we paid for at $85 a night. This place in need of a serious makeover! Avoid the on sight restaurant on weekends at all costs as the service and food is absolutely horrible! Strange decor is way to funky for this decade.

• Stayed: February 2013
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I sincerely regret that your experience was not up to the same level as the majority of our guests experience. We have a constant program of renovations that have recently included new hallway carpeting, tiling in front of the elevators and a brand new paint exterior. The Bistro 225 has a very good reputation for its food and service and I am surprised by your comments as this again is not typical for what our guests experience.

Once again I apologize for the problems you encountered and would like to extend this opportunity for you to contact me direct at the hotel should you choose to book at the Radisson Baton Rouge, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Me and my wife come down from Little Rock to Baton Rouge to see her family and watch the Tigers game every so often. Originally, we would float around the different hotels in the area just to keep things fresh however, recently we have made habit of.staying at the Radisson at Acadian ave. The beds are every bit as comfortable as any hotel in the area if not better. For being by an interstate it was surprisingly quiet and peaceful from the rooms we stayed in. I was able to get plenty of undisturbed reading done. Though where the Radisson really shines in my opinion is when I wasn't in the bedroom. The bar is well stocked and the bartender, Vu, is on top of his trade. Quick and perfectly mixed drinks. He had my usual down by my second visit! As many restaurants as the area around the University has, my wife and I found ourselves staying in and eating at the hotel's own "Bistro 225". The Bistro provides delicious gourmet southern style comfort food as well as some more exotic dishes like a grilled chicken breast stuffed with a tangy breading and topped with an awesome cream sauce and fresh veggies. mm. We have a waiter we ask for by name now. A young guy named Austin who recognizes Sarah and I every time we come in and always gives us the best, friendliest treatment that either of us have had during our stays in Baton Rouge. When we're ready to leave it's a breeze getting out and right back onto the interstate. I will never stay at another hotel as long as I visit Baton Rouge, it honestly has become a sort of home away from home for us. Highly Recommended to anyone else planning a trip down to the capitol city of Louisiana!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge, we greatly appreciate your kind words. The staff also love reading these reviews and really do enjoy the recognition and praise they so greatly deserve. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town for the Tigers.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

When my lease expired on my old apartment at the end of December and I couldn't move into my new apartment until the third of January, I took the opportunity to go stay at a hotel here. I've stayed at the Radisson before (I think I have a review on here), so that was my obvious choice. I just wanted to say it was just as good as last time! Everybody that worked last time was still working there this time, which I loved. Grant, Austin, Vu, and Noelle still worked at the bar, and I met the cook this time, Mike, who was super funny and nice. Thanks, Radisson!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Iamlalala
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge. We are glad that your experience was so enjoyable. The Food and Beverage staff and Bistro 225 really do appreciate the recognition and thank you for letting people know about how good our restaurant food really is.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed there before wasnt to crazy obout the outside architecture and colors. They toned it down. Painted it and it Looks great. The staff are all very friendly .The room decor is different from floor to floor which made this stay even better, WE were on a different floor than last time ,very eclectic ,modern and different.The beds are the sleep number .Try 45 and they are awesome. as well as a shower that has like 8 jets.
The restraunt not much to look at ,but who ever the chef is (outstanding job) the food is great!!!! excellent location as well.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd & 3rd floors I liked them both
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chris m

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge. We are glad you like our new more neutral color scheme outside, also the different themed floors that give us originality and character.
We appreciate you giving people the hint on the sleep number setting, the 45 setting is actually what sleep number says is the equivalent of a standard mattress. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area and appreciate you choosing the Radisson Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had a very nice two day stay. The bed is a sleep number bed so it was comfortable. The room was clean. The shower had a dozen nozzles, made it very relaxing. We went to the bar both nights for cocktails. YU (pronounced We) is a very talented mixologist. Plus a very nice young man, who has a smile for everyone and remembers everyone's name. We did order an appetizer, the ABC ... which was alligator sausage, boudin balls, and crab cakes. It was absolutely fabulous. Crab cakes, especially ... they were large and you could see and taste the crab. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shborders

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and Food & Beverage in paricular, they enjoy the recognition and praise they deserve.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and its amenities so much, many people comment on the showers and the sleep number beds. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you next time you are in our hotel, once again thank you for spreading the good word!!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I've stayed here at the radisson in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for about a year now. I love all the rooms. I like how the a/c works. I also love the atmosphere and the employees. I enjoy most of my time at the bar and by the pool.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Brad5087
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge. We appeciate you choosing to stay at our Hotel on such a regular basis. Our staff continue to get rave reviews for their outstanding service and Yes I Can Attitude to guest requests and I am happy that they get this recognition, as they enjoy reading the reviews.