“Good Value with Living Social Voucher.”

Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Natchez, Mississippi
“Good Value with Living Social Voucher.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I picked up a Living Social Voucher to this hotel for $89 for one night, two complimentary drinks and two complimentary breakfasts. The lobby had an overwhelming sweet deodorizer smell. My wife could smell it on me when I returned to the car after 15 minutes in the lobby. When we returned at 10:10 PM on Saturday night, the bar was closed so we could not redeem our drink coupons. The next morning we did have the breakfast buffet; I'm glad I did not pay $9 for it. The bed was hard and crunchy, but we slept well. Room was clean.

Room Tip: Seek out Groupon or Living Social deals.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge. I am glad you found the Living Social offer of room plus drinks and breakfast, which worked very well for us and we will be doing a similar promotion again in the near future. I sincerely regret however that you did not get full value with the drinks at the bar and the quality of the breakfast. I would like to extend this opportunity for you to contact me direct at the hotel to discuss this further and to give us the chance to make it right for you on any future stays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 April 2013

If you want a nice, clean and modren place to stay in mid-city? You should probably look somewhere else maybe the courtyard marriott across the street from this place. This hotel is simply the worst hotel i've spent my weekend in baton rouge, la! The service was horrible. The rooms, whether your talking about the weird smell or the even more weird cave like decor from the 1970's or the fact that the walls are made from cardboard and you can hear : drunk frat boys on the highway in big trucks driving around 200 mph, or just your random hotel patron stumbling through the hallway. All in all dont i repeat do not stay here! It sucks! I've in been to 2 and a half star hotels that are better.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at the Radisson Baton Rouge. I am very concerned about your comments regarding the service and conditions at the hotel and would like offer this opportunity for you to call me direct at the hotel to discuss your experience and any problems you encountered.
Our location close to I-10 serves as a blessing and a curse with the noise and we try to allocate away from the highway whenever our availability alllows. Also we have different themes to each floor in the hotel that we believe gives us a unique quality and difference from the normal hotel decor and styles.
I hope, despite your reservations you will give us another chance, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons. If you do make another reservation and choose to book on line, please do contact me at the hotel.
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I booked through Hotwire, was given a room at the Radisson Hotel in Baton Rouge. As always I called to request early check in got the same spill about how they were sold out so not sure any rooms could be ready by noon.....Really dont maids come on at 8am and start cleaning all those rooms? Well I verified that am that I did have early check in and was giving the green light. As I show up there are others checking in as well. I was then told as I was soo early...it was 1240, that the ONLY room ready was the handicap room. and that room was ground floor right by elevators, offices, ice machine and such. YUCK!...But again the manager says that was the ONLY room clean and ready to go. Ok I took it and didnt have a minutes peace as the nose level was so high and the room smelled stale. The property was in decent shape, but having I10 on onside and the elevator on the other made me wish for ear plugs. Also as a Carlson Club member I ask for my benefits........The manager just look at me like I was stupid......lol

Room Tip: Ask for back side away from I10 and away from elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge, I am very disappointed and sincerely regret that we could not accommodate your specified room type at the early check in time. We do everything we can to accommodate guest requests and indeed have a policy of if your room is ready, we allow you to check in at any time that day. Unfortunately on this occasion due to a large group check in we were unable to have your specified room type available at the earlier time. I also apologize that the Club Carlson program does not award points to 3rd party reservations such as Hotwire.
I hope, despite your reservation you will give us another chance, I would like to offer my personal services for any future reservations, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons., please do contact me at the hotel so I can include your Club Carlson benefits to your reservation.
Reviewed 20 April 2013

One of the best and most restful stays that I've ever had. Fran and flow were sweet and friendly and very hospitable. I won't stay anywhere else when I visit Baton Rouge. The rates were great. and the hotel is very very quiet and peaceful. Awesome!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge, The staff at the hotel take great pride in the recognition and appreciation they so richly deserve. We look forward to your next visit to Baton Rouge
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This was my husband and I's night away...
Something that we never get to do nor can.we afford to do and we chose your hotel thinking that we would enjoy our stay per viewing your website....our first impression of your hotel was when we walked thru your front entrance and a horrible stench of something dead hit his in the face.....as we walked off of the elevator to the floor where our room was located the heat and again the same stench hit us as it did when we entered tje front entrance to your hotel......besides the fact that our air conditioner didnt cool off the room and as we finally get comfortable enough to fall asleep cause it was hot someone was vaccuming in the hall way....I normally dont let the small thins get to me like this but like i said before we cant afford to do things like this often so it was kind of a disappointment...We also told the girl at tje front desk that checked us in and she looked at us like we pissed her off.....

Maurine & Yates Usie
musie@parkplacesurgery.com

• Stayed April 2013
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Radisson Baton Rouge. I am very dissapointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations and our own high standards for guest satisfaction, especially as it was such a rare and special occasion for you and your husband. Unfortunately the smell is a problem we are fully aware of and are doing everything possible with Baton Rouge City Sanitation Department to rectify as soon as possible. I am also disappointed that the front desk did not handle this correctly as we always try to listen and find the best solutions to any guest problems.

I hope, despite your reservation you will give us another chance for any future reservations, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons. If you do make another reservation, please do let me know.
Reviewed 12 April 2013

First time stay here, everything is good.very friendly and professional.i really enjoyed at the bar,and the pool.only thing I did not like was the noise from the interstate.next time I will stay again if I get good rate!

• Stayed March 2013
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge and your kind words about our staff and facilities. Please do contact me direct at the hotel for your next booking and I assure you of my fullest commitment to allocating you a room away from the highway. On behalf of all the staff at the Radisson Baton Rouge, we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Got a very good deal from Priceline, room is nice and clean. The hotel has a very good location, right next to I10, there is a couple of restaurant nearby.Hotel has a nice lobby bar, serving food and drinks.Staff is very friendly and helpful, they really make me feel like home....

Room Tip: get room away from I 10
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge, we appreciate your kind words about the property and its staff. I am glad you took advantage of our offers on Priceline, we offer deals on there regularly and are about to launch on Living Social as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.