“Great location”

Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nice rooms for a good price in a good location for people visiting LSU or for anyone visiting the capitol. Lounge area for watching sports and good food service in the restaurant or for room service. Pool and fitness area's that actually used by the people that stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were in town to move our freshman into LSU. I booked through Hotels.com. Rooms were booking quickly and the reviews seemed decent. The property is very convenient to restaurants, shopping and LSU. This hotel is positioned to be a great hotel, but the following points keep it below average:
1. Beds: Mattresses comfy. Bed frames are LOUD and rickety. They actually squeak and clunk when you turn over.
2. Bathroom: The wash sink is a square box sittin on the counter. Faux stylish. As you brush your teeth, the spit tinged water just rises and rises, then takes 4 or 5 minutes to drain. This morning I woke up and the water I used last night was STILL in the the sink. Nice idea, bad execution. The shower smelled of mildew and no one in my family would use it. Went to the front desk to ask for some sort of deodorizer. No can do, housekeepings gone for the night. He didn't care to know what room I was in and offer any help. There is one bar to hold towels. The shower is so unnecessarily complicated, it comes with an INSTRUCTIONAL POSTER!!
My wife flushed the toilet late one night and the chain for the flapper broke. I had to stick my hand in the tank and reattach or it would have run all night.
3. Housekeeping: After a night of being awoken by every hallway conversation, thumps from upstairs and people running in the halls (this hotel has zero sound insulation), 9 AM on a Saturday I'm awakened by loud talking. It's the HOUSEKEEPERS!! I guess getting the job done is more important than SLEEPING HOTEL GUESTS?? Also, replacing 4 used wash cloths with one clean one is really odd.

4. Front Desk (Night Shift): Having been in sales and customer service for over 20 years (including Marriott Hotels), it's common courtesy to acknowledge a guest and ask "may I help" or at least "Hi". This guy would just stare at me while I'm standing AT THE DESK until I started the conversation. What the.....?

Would not recommend this hotel unless traveling alone and have good earplugs.

BTW, the lobby is very cool. The rest of the hotel doesn't match up.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway. Not on the first floor. Away from the service elevators
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Josh T, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to complete survey here.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns regarding the noisy bed frame with our housekeeping & maintenance teams, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

I would like to offer my personal contact details for any future reservations, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons. If you do make another reservation and choose to book on line, please do let me know at gm.radisson@cajunlodging.com.

Josh Toney

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The staff is very friendly, food is good, nice bar and lounge area, Vu the bartender will take care of you, menu is good but chef also cooked different things I requested and cooked them just I ask for!!will stay here again !!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This will be our 4th time staying at the Radisson in Baton Rouge. We have always had great service, and as older travelers, we did receive a room on the first floor as requested when making reservations online. Our first stay was on the side by the highway and was very loud at night, so we try to get a room on the back side of the hotel when possible. We have had no complaints though, and the staff had been great! I do miss the tropical colors of the outside, but it looks nice now too. :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back if possible, away from the highway.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

this hotel was booked via hotwire, it was a lovely surprise after staying in some 2 star accommodation. The room wasn't overly big, but had big style furniture to give it a wow factor, The bed was really comfy, glad I wasn't too short, it was so high. The Bath room was gorgeous with a 3 shower heads, and walk through stone shower recess. We made use of the microwave to heat food. No free breakfast provided. Free parking and wifi. The only down side was that the airconditioner was really noisy and had to be turned off at night to sleep. The second night we were offered to change rooms, but there was not much difference. This is something that the hotel should work on.

Room Tip: ask for room away from main road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The customer service is great but the hotel needs some work to it. The rooms are very small. The front desk will do anything for you and very helpful. The hotel is average. We stayed 1 night so it wasn't that bad but the pictures look different than what the hotel really looks like.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very nice comfortable hotel. Decor is a bit funky/mod, no carpet in rooms, but very comfortable SleepNumber bed, European style shower, and great LCD TV. Bar is well-stocked, and restaurant is very good and reasonable. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business