“Nice little room”

Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I spent 2 nights at this hotel May 2012. The folks at the front desk are very nice. Parking your car will cost $16 per night.

The room was clean and smelled nice and the bed was comfy. The room was a queen std, at 139/night plus the car parking fee. Very small room. The bathroom is nice but has some mildew in the shower grout that looks kinda bad.

My first night the room on the second floor was less than 2 feet from a roof vent and that was quite loud. I moved to the 5th floor the second night and that was better. I reccomend asking for a floor other than the 2nd in this hotel.

Not a bad stay but I would look for another hotel at this price in Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank camop
Francis G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown during your recent travels to our neighborhood. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we take your comments seriously. While are rooms are very tastefully appointed, we are an historic property which makes some of accommodations cozy. While positive the issue with your guest bathroom room wasn't mold, but rather a grout color concern you should not have encountered that while here at our property.

We know you have choices when it comes to travel and we hope to have the opportunity to service your future needs.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I travel around the world for business and pleasure and highly rank this boutique hotel in Baton Rouge. It is the only boutique hotel in the downtown area and is convenient to museums, attractions and the State Capitol. the staff is excellent, friendly, helpful and recognizes repeat/ loyal guests by name. They recognize priority club members and intercontinental ambassadors in which I am a platinum member by offering complimentary cocktails, continental breakfast and a weekly cocktail reception in a private room adjacent to the lobby. Things I really like- modern, stylish decor, hardwood floors in guest rooms, high thread count sheets and robust comforters, location, staff, historic. Building and renovation. Some rooms are small and have lower ceilings but most guest rooms have 10-12 foot ceilings, ac unit in room sometimes acts up however staff came immediately to fix and offered a change in room and an upgrade for the inconvenience. I highly recommend this hotel should your travels take you to Baton Rouge!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank savvytravelernola
Francis G, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Thank you savvytravelernola for your comments. Our team prides itself on delivering a good guest experience and it is kind when our guest recognize the teams efforts. We thank you for being a valuable Priority Club member and an Ambassador with IHG and more importantly for taking the time to share it with us. We look forward to your return visit to Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront.

Francis Grayson

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Extremely convenient location to downtown businesses. Sign up for Priority Club Rewards and immediately get free "Grab & Go" breakfast next morning. Loved the design of the room and the decorations...no wall to wall carpet, but rather a large area rug and laminate wood floor. Very European feel to the hotel and very clean. Loved the cabinet shelving underneath the bathroom sink, but would have like a larger counter. Room was large enough for single traveler, but would feel cramped with 2 people. Valet was extremely helpful suggesting restaurants and quick in getting cars for guests.

3  Thank RiverlanGone
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Wow! What a terrific place. This staff is unmatched anywhere on the globe. Being world travelers our family knows the importance of a staff that is sincere in their care. From valet Bill to Jeremy at the front desk, everyone was so knowledgable about the location, events, and history. Forget the chain hotels, if you want a stay with the quality of a bed and breakfast this is your spot!

Thanks again Hotel Indigo!

Room Tip: Ask for Ken the Bartender... and try to deal with Jeremy at the front desk
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeffrey S
Francis G, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write about it. We have a fantastic team which hopefully creates great memories. We very much appreciate the feedback and we're happy that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

The rooms, lobby, and lobby bar are very hip. It is a very short walk (1 to 3 blocks) to all the bars and eateries downtown. They have free bikes to use too for fun. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Waterlilyrose

Thank you for your comments angelwings1112. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront and look forward you you coming back.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I travel to New Orleans and Baton Rouge fairly often, and I noticed this hotel when visiting a client in downtown Baton Rouge. I decided to give it a try, and I could not have been happier. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, and had a decidedly modern feel. The location was also excellent as there were a number of great restaurants within walking distance. What set this hotel apart from any other that I have visited in many years was the service. From the front desk to the bartender, the valet to the cleaning staff, everyone was exceptionally friendly and professional. I will not be staying anywhere else when in Baton Rouge. The staff was simply that good.

3  Thank Bill A
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My title pretty much sums up my thoughts on this place. I circled around it twice before figuring out where it was. Luckily I looked at the pictures online so I knew its proximity to the Hilton so I was able to locate it that way. I saw signs of valet parking but cars were parked everywhere and there was not a visible valet booth or valet person upon my arrival. Check-in was smooth and painless. Went back outside after being assured the valet was out there. Found him and that was taken care of.

It was late and room service was minimal sandwiches which did not appeal to me so I went to Schlitz & Giggles on a recommendation (review to come), Abita beer and a pizza to-go.

Internet instructions were wrong and had to go to the front desk to get instructions.

Crawled into bed and rank it as one of the best beds EVER in a hotel.

Woke up early for a meeting and turned the shower on to ensure it was nice and hot. That NEVER happened. I played with the knobs, switched between the two shower heads and it never heated up. My choices were cold or ice cubes. I turned on the sink and guess what, HOT WATER. Played with the knobs again and decided cold shower was better than no shower. Missed breakfast because I had to jump back into the awesome bed to stop my teeth from chattering.

At this point I was so upset, I walked out of the hotel and never looked back.

Gave it a 2 for the friendly service, awesome beds, and the clean floors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators if the noise bothers you, I don't care as I sleep through...
3  Thank Wyatt G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Wyatt G,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed our comfortable beds and our friendly staff. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any confusion you experienced finding our hotel as we as finding the valet parking. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,