“Contemporary and Charming”

Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 28 October 2013

When we go to Baton Rouge, we stay at Hotel Indigo which is located in the center of downtown and away from the noisier areas of the city. We love this small "boutique" hotel that is beautifully furnished with a sophisticated contemporary design. Although the rooms are small, the beds are very comfortable, and the shower is large. We love to hangout at the cozy bar, and the veteran
mixologist is charming and very inventive. The small restaurant blends into the bar area with wonderful offerings for both dinner and breakfast. It has a nice fitness room and bikes available for exploring downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WBass2, Multimedia Communications Specialist at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Karen M, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the contemporary design of our hotel and were able to take part some of wonderful amenities. The bikes are a great addition to the hotel; they allow you to explore so much more of the downtown area. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our King Bar & Bistro. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baton Rouge!!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Baton Rouge on business and stayed at this hotel for one night. It's absolutely charming. It's located right in the heart of everything. It's an old downtown hotel that has been completely renovated and is very hip and contemporary. All of the service staff where fantastic. The rooms are impeccably clean and the views to the South are best - Mississippi River bridge, art museum, old State Capitol. Loved The King Bar and lattes/scones at the cafe the next morning were great. I'd go back everytime. If you love Blues music there is a blues bar right behind the hotel. Unfortunately I was there on a Tuesday night so there wasn't a band but hopefully next time I'll be there with live music. See you in BRLA.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms facing the south or west.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
WBass2, Sales Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Kevin Douglas W, I happy that you loved your stay here, at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown. It is exciting to hear that you were able to take advantage of all of the surrounding sites. We like to think of the hotel as a true gem. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast at The King Bar & Bistro. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

A good location in Baton Rouge.
Staff is really friendly and the have a pretty good breakfast service.
If you go on college football game weekend take advantage of the free shuttle to Tiger Stadium.
Rooms are small but nice and clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mogway, thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Football season is an awesome time to be in town. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Our room was BEAUTIFUL! The view of the Mississippi river and bridge was to die for!( especially the Bridge at night) Bed was amazingly comfortable, everything was so nice! It felt more like a loft rather than a hotel room, which we loved. Good location. Food was really good as well. I will definitely be back soon!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Francis G, Sales Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear AEL31392, Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown. I am please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the views of the Mississippi River are simply gorgeous. I am glad that you enjoyed our King Bar and Bistro. We are looking forward to seeing you again!!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel personnel were friendly, courteous and efficient from the time I arrived until my departure the next morning. The hotel decor is simply beautiful and very inspirational. Our room was immaculate and the bathroom was a welcome change from the usual ho-hum hotel bathroom. I will definitely return to this hotel and have already recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sandra S, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make each guests feel as comfortable as possible while they are visiting with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I stayed for a 3 day weekend and thought this was a good place to stay. The room is modern with excellent WiFi access. We had coupons for an arrival drink at the bar and an "on the go"--pick and choose breakfast. We found the offerings ample and the staff very accommodating. Our only negatives were booming music from the park one evening until 11:30 PM and the closing off of streets during that event and one the following evening. One morning we were awakened by what seemed like an endless supply of 4 wheelers or garbage trucks at 6 AM. The room was modern with good comfort controls mounted on the walls--sometimes the a/c roared into action but we quickly became used to it. The staff/service resulted in me rating this very good instead of average. We have friends and family in the area and opt to stay at various hotels when we come into town so we're not on top of each other for 3 to 4 days. This was my first stay in the downtown area and I would do it again. The elevators were very quick and we never waited more than a minute. If I stay at this hotel again, I'd request a room that was high and not facing Convention Street. 4 stars for the valets and front desk staff...very friendly. This is my second stay at Indigo properties and I haven't decided if I prefer them over Marriott properties, they are completely opposite--Indigo= very modern with a shower only bath and Marriott= a more traditional hotel room with a tub/shower bath. In Baton Rouge the Indigo is significantly quieter than the Marriott which is just off I-10 and major road noise.

Room Tip: I would request a room that is as high as you can get and not facing Convention Street.
1  Thank 1NCfoodie

Dear 1NCfoodie, I appreciate you taking the time out to share your review with us. I am glad that you took this opportunity to stay downtown. We are a very unique hotel, and I am pleased that you got a chance to experience that. We do our best to make sure that each guest feels at home while they are with us. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope that you will keep us in mind for future trips to Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great location, nice hotel and very pleasant and helpful staff. The bar area and lobby was very nice. Valet and front desk staff very helpful and friendly. The staff in the restaurant could have been more knowledgable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Fulcher60, thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our King Bar and Bistro. We hope that you will keep us in mind for future trips to Baton Rouge.