“wow !!!!!”

Niche Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Grill
Reviewed 15 September 2012

this is one of my favorite places to eat every time i am in batron rouge i make a point to go here service is wonderful and the food matches the service !!!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I dined at Niche twice while I was in Baton Rouge and enjoyed my meal on both occasions.

The Focaccia Cheese Bread is darn good. I ordered it on both occasions. I ordered the Ahi Tuna on my first visit and it was as tasty as Tuna gets. On my second visit I ordered the Redfish Feliciana and loved it. If I lived nearby I would go to Niche and order that dish once a month!

Our server was friendly and attentive, he gets five stars.

A couple of very positive experiences and next time I'm in Baton Rouge I will definitely be here dining on the Redfish Feliciana.

1  Thank afarecritique
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We had seen this place for a while, and tried it out recently. The building was new, but very simple and unadorned, with "fast food-style" furniture. There was the vague aroma of commercial cleaning products, a problem that they need to address. The restaurant was very cold, apparently because there is a single thermostat in the area near the cooking locus and this results in an uncomfortable (and probably expensive for the restaurant) over-cooled eating area. The bar dominates the interior space.

The waiter was very good and the menu expansive with an emphasis on Cajun food. The food was better than average and portion size was good. I can see real promise in this place, but they need to start considering improvements in the atmosphere and overall experience for the customer

1  Thank Masterpsych
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I love all types of food and try to indulge in as many new taste and restaurants as we can, but this reminds me of a high class "cajun" Chili's. The atmosphere is nice, the bar is like any other, and the food is good to above average. I had the redfish and my wife had the special (jerk chicken) and both were very good. The potatoes and green bean casserole were terrible. The service was great but nothing I will wake up craving in the middle of the night.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I had trash on the poboy sandwich as if it was dropped. I pointed it out to a waiter and he said that it was probably because it came from whatever they wiped the counter with. My own waiter was nice. He said he talked to the manager and he told him to take $2 off. check your food people. I had spent over $150.00 between these 3 visits. This was my. Last because of the treatment of the manager & how the first waiter treated me.