“Wanted to try the local faire”
Review of Niche Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Elk Grove, California
“Wanted to try the local faire”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Nice place. I was expecting to see more local style food. But what they had was very good. The portions were big.

Visited February 2013

“A disappointing end to Baton Rouge Restaurant Week”
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

After three great experiences at Baton Rouge restaurants during the inaugural Baton Rouge restaurant week, we had high expectations based on the online menu for this restaurant. We arrived to find an atmosphere that was a cross between a Brewbacher's and a Denny's. The prix fixe menu was way overpriced at $30 per person compared to our culinary experiences elsewhere. Appetizers, entrées, and desserts were just okay. Our waiter was clearly new, but also forgetful and a little ditzy. ("Would you like your dessert after the meal?") No need to retun to Niche!

1 Thank Laurenk1980
Wetumpka, Alabama
“wow !!!!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

this is one of my favorite places to eat every time i am in batron rouge i make a point to go here service is wonderful and the food matches the service !!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Oregon
“Good food + Friendly Staff + Reasonable Prices = Enjoyable Evening”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I dined at Niche twice while I was in Baton Rouge and enjoyed my meal on both occasions.

The Focaccia Cheese Bread is darn good. I ordered it on both occasions. I ordered the Ahi Tuna on my first visit and it was as tasty as Tuna gets. On my second visit I ordered the Redfish Feliciana and loved it. If I lived nearby I would go to Niche and order that dish once a month!

Our server was friendly and attentive, he gets five stars.

A couple of very positive experiences and next time I'm in Baton Rouge I will definitely be here dining on the Redfish Feliciana.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank afarecritique
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good but needs improvements”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We had seen this place for a while, and tried it out recently. The building was new, but very simple and unadorned, with "fast food-style" furniture. There was the vague aroma of commercial cleaning products, a problem that they need to address. The restaurant was very cold, apparently because there is a single thermostat in the area near the cooking locus and this results in an uncomfortable (and probably expensive for the restaurant) over-cooled eating area. The bar dominates the interior space.

The waiter was very good and the menu expansive with an emphasis on Cajun food. The food was better than average and portion size was good. I can see real promise in this place, but they need to start considering improvements in the atmosphere and overall experience for the customer

• Visited June 2012