“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

The problem was not the okay food or the great service... the problem was the atmosphere. Loud blaring TV (am I in a sports bar?) but a lunch that cost $50 (am I in a restaurant?) for two. I could not hear the person sitting across from me speak because of the TV. The girl behind the bar was rude, but our server was the BEST ever!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“A welcome change from the burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

great service and healthy food . We had tree types of vegetables which accompanied the dish. The fish was grilled not fried . And everything tasted delicious. It was rather spicy but that is how i like my food. I would definitely come back

• Visited September 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“New Menu! Bad decision!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were "sorta" regulars here. We could always depend on a wide variety of good food. Dropped in last night to find a totally new menu. I was looking forward to a soup and my wife was looking forward to a poboy or sandwich. None were found on the menu. We left and ate at nearby Siegen Lane spot with a more accommodating menu.

The "new" menu was very disappointing. The waiter's explanation was that the previous menu wasn't working, so management was trying a different approach. It appears that an "upscale" approach is being attempted, but the new menu is very limited and somewhat pricey at night.

In my opinion, Niche has ruined a good thing.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“What happened to the menu??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband and I visited our "spot" and were sorely disappointed that there had been a drastic downgrade to the menu. Where were the fried pickles?? My husband proposed over fried pickles! !!! All of the favorites we've enjoyed are gone. So sad.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
La Porte, Texas
“Was surprised I realy like this place has potential”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

At first i was a little worried there want alot of people here but maybe i was early , the tuna steak was one of the best , the new waitress in training suggested cheese cake for desert oh it was fabulous , wow i was realy surprised i will keep this place on my to visit when i am in the area,very well prepared food nice clean safe area, lots of parking

• Visited June 2013