“Traveling with family”

Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here on a recent 3 days trip to Baton Rouge. It was very conveniently located to our destination. Lots of great restaurants and shopping close by. Very friendly staff, loved the lobby and front desks. My only suggestion would be to put rubber mats in the showers when that tile gets wet it is very slippery. Any problems we had the management was quick to resolve them. Loved the beds and the pillows and the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are in fact looking into your suggestion but taking a different approach that will accomplish the same end. We hope you will continue to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you to the Baton Rouge area.

Remember---Live Life to Discover

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have no complaints about this hotel! It was easy to find off the interstate, super friendly staff, very clean! I went on a work trip and it felt so fancy from the minute you walk in the lobby! The check-in desk was so nice! I love the way the rooms are decorated! The shuttle took us to a nearby restaurant with a friendly driver! Stay here if you can! Its fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and thank you so much for your kind words and praise for our staff and hotel. We sincerely hope that when your travels return you to the Baton Rouge area we will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Recently I drove from Dallas to Panama City Beach with a friend. I made a reservation at the Renaissance and specifically requested two beds. After 8 hours on the road we arrived to find that they only had a room with one king bed. When I objected that I had specifically asked for two beds, since we were two friends traveling together, and not a couple, they said that they could not "guarantee" two beds. We had to find a room elsewhere. I can go to the least expensive hotel chain, reserve a room, and be guaranteed two beds. When I called Marriott to complain I was given the same line. They drooled all over themselves to say how important my business is to them but have done absolutely nothing to remedy this situation. Don't reserve at this hotel unless you actually want to "cuddle up" with your buddies!

Room Tip: If you require two beds stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 23EleanorM

I am terrible sorry that we were unable to fill your request and that we failed, by a large margin is seems, to meet your expectations. As much as we try, it is difficult to always guarantee a room type. Our hotel usually rates very high with our guests and I am truly sorry for your experience. I also hope that should your travels bring you back to the Baton Rouge area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. I know we can do better.
Bob Mercer

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very clean hotel near Mall of America. Easy to get to. Comfortable room. Breakfast buffet a bit pricy but good. Trip was for a conference and banquet service was great. Roomy lobby with lots of seating. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

I want to first thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share them with us.
We hope that you will return to our hotel when your travels return you to the Baton Rouge area and that you will tell other people about your Renaissance experience.

Remember:

Be Well

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a nice property across the street from the mall. If you're looking to be downtown, it's not your place. I assume it's a renovated property, and they've done a pretty decent job.

The rooms are modern with comfortable beds, but the attention to detail is just not there. Desk or bedside power outlets that are accessible without moving furniture? Fail. Nice ceramic tile floors just outside the bathroom that get slippery when wet? Lawsuit waiting to happen.

The TV gets a million channels, but forget about streaming Netflix. The internet's not fast enough.

The biggest fail is the restaurant, at least for breakfast. The one universal truth for all hotel breakfast restaurants is the guests want coffee. The servers (and I use the term lightly, since it appears to be buffet only), hide and only show up occasionally. If a guest is lucky enough to flag one down and ask for a refill, they leave for 5 minutes or so, then come back and pour only for that guest, and run away again. Bizarre.

I don't think I will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

I want to first apologize for the service you received in our restaurant. I want to also thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The service level you received is not acceptable and I assure you is not the norm. I have already shared your comments and concerns with our Beverage & Food Leader. We will assure that this type of breakdown is dealt with from a training standpoint.
I assure you that we take your comments very serious and would ask that you not give up on us because as I stated above, this is not the norm.

Once again I apologize for your experience.

Be Well

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Very modern and tasteful. The bathroom was to die for, make you feel like you were in a mansion. Workers were very attentive and nice. Ordered room service , the food was hot and fresh. I totally enjoyed my stay there and looking forward to coming back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank C. G

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We of course are very happy that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed our overall guestroom so well. We are proud of our hotel and our staff and comments such as yours validates our work.
Thanks again for your feedback and

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We spent a couple nights at the Renaissance and were extremely pleased. It is a beautiful, modern hotel, with very helpful staff. We were greeted by Henry at check-in and he couldn't have been nicer. He even took the time to give us a tour of the 1st floor. Everything was very clean and in good condition (think they have only been open a couple years). The beds are very comfortable and the shower was exceptional (very large walk-in). We found the gym to have great equipment and it was also very clean. They have a shuttle service which will take guests anywhere within a 3 mile radius, which was very nice. Can't think of any way our stay could have been better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DML_Lexington_KY
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments about our hotel and your recent stay with us. Our team of ambassadors are always ready to serve you and to make your stay a memorable one. I hope our team help you to find some unique and fun places to discover while you were with us.
We look forward to your next stay and until then--Live Life to Discover and be Well.