“Worst Prime Rib ever!!!!”

Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel
Ranked #64 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Only stayed here because it was close to the casino boat.
The prime rib was cooked well done!!! who does that? it should be bloody, juicy, and it was not, worst buffet ever. only thing good was the friend chicken.
The rooms were fair, but dirty carpets. and small bathroom.

And the pool looks nothing like the picture, terrible location, small and in the open. if it's an adult pool only, why can everyone including kids walk right past it and see?

valet area was too small!! cars were backed up.

Room Tip: nothing is terrible about the rooms, just don't eat there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank aktraveler199

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for Valentine's Day. I have stayed at better motels this place. We paid 134.00 for night. We had a double room and the beds are so small me and my husband both had a hurting back in da am. I didn't sleep at all, I tossed and turned all night. I thought most double beds are queen size beds or even a full sized bed. These beds were so small I think they were twins beds. The furniture in this hotel is so old I think this furniture has been in this hotel since the day the hotel was built. They even have the style tvs. I thought all hotels in 2014 would have flat screen tvs. Not this dump of a hotel. Don't waste you money staying her it's not worth a penny.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank lisawhite2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose to stay at this hotel because it is so close to the River Center where we were attending a concert and because it has a casino. The hotel is a big disappointment! The rooms are dirty and look abused. The walls were scuffed and dirty. The bathroom had mildew. One lampshade had mildew on it and another was ripped up. My bedside lamp switch didn't work so I had to unplug it to turn it off.

My husband asked them to give us a new room. They sent him (not there employees) to look at 4 other rooms. EVERY ONE of them had mildew in the bathroom!!! The manager kept saying that it was cracked caulking. No! It was mildew. We know the difference. For the amount that this hotel charges, I would have expected a clean, nice room. We won't be staying here in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M2green
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Parking garage was hard to drive through. Walking to riverboat is way too far with big decline entering & big incline leaving. They do offer carts for people instead of walking.
No visible waitresses bringing drinks around slots. Bathroom was being cleaned and closed on a Saturday night really??
Restaurant Shucks wasn't appealing since the area before entering the bathroom smelt like a toilet.
Overall~ tear it down its a dump.
There's nothing else to say.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louisianatraveler11
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We spent 3 nights here. The area is spotty. There's a burned down shell of a house across the street from the hotel. I use hotel loosely. At best this is a Days Inn not much else. In the room the pillows had sweat stains, paint was flaking in the bathroom and there was mold at the top of the shower. Several of the bath towels were so old that they were frayed. Reservations said there was a coffee maker in the room. There is not. There is complimentary coffee in the lobby. Skip the breakfast buffet on the weekend. At $10 a pop it's not worth it. Very poor selection of food for that price. The whole place looks a bit dated. In need of a over haul.

Room Tip: Stay at the Indigo, Hilton or Hampton.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I don't write reviews but this needed to be told......Let me begin saying the staff was very nice and helpful. That being said, the motel is by the freeway and railroad tracks (which runs atleast twice each night blowing its horn through town)so sleep is not an option. Our experience was a lot of rude guest slamming doors talking loud and their children running the halls all hours of the night. It was a miserable 4 nights.We finally got up at 3 am and headed home because we couldn't sleep (we were there for the marathon so we were exhausted.) and for $130 a night not worth it.......

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Tina N
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have never written a review before but I live in this state and this was just bad. Bathroom was not clean, no coffee pot in room, hair dryer in rooms not user friendly, our sink did not drain, our vanity lights were different bulbs and not very bright, tv volume did not work well and the tv is old style, noisy all night, very very dated and it has been well used and never renovated, cigarette burns on our furniture, smells like cigarette smoke, staines on carpet, parking was really bad! the guest parking garage and the casino garage was full so people were honking at each other, ect, ect. The only good things were the employees we interacted with were friendly and the location was good for us. I will not stay here again... this hotel needs big rennovations!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center
WATERMARK Baton Rouge, Autograph Collection

Been to Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel

Address: 103 France St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802-6208 (Formerly Sheraton Baton Rouge Convention Center Hotel)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #64 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Price Range: £61 - £97 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel 3.5*
Located in the heart of historic Baton Rouge, our casino & hotel is the ideal place to stay & play. Exciting, fun gaming action 24/7! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Belle Of Baton Rouge Casino And Hotel