“great staff”

Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
San Marcos, Texas
“great staff”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Got this Marriott property for $47/nite on a two day stay (Fri/Sat). Even with the lobby computer down (so was the adjacent Courtyard) and the outdatedness of some of the furnishings, room was spacious and very nice. Easy on/off the interstate and located next of a shopping center with a WalMart, Kohls, Sams, etc and some restaurants like Chili's.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Trang L, General Manager at Residence Inn Baton Rouge Siegen Lane, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Lighthouseboy, thank you for staying with us. We apologize about the lobby computer being down during your stay. We have since fixed it and will be getting two new lobby computers during our renovation!!! We hope to see you again in the future!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jenks, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Usual residence inn ammenities which are good except the furniture is getting a bit long in the tooth (was nice to see the manager comment that they are getting a facelift soon!). Comfortable stay, close to I-10, several restaurants (chains) within walking distance (in shopping area behind hotel). It is a bit difficult to manuever into if you don't know where you are going.

The feature of this residence inn that makes this a great place to stay is the staff. To a person, they are the friendliest and most helpful staff I have encountered in any hotel. I am in this area frequently for business and although there is a Marriott property 15 minutes closer to where I am going and a lot newer than this property(disclaimer - I am Marriott rewards and always stay in Marriott properties), I prefer to stay here.....because of the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Tulsacubfan, thank you for always choosing us for your stays in Baton Rouge, and even going out of your way to choose us!!! We appreciate the sentiment and love sharing our special brand of "Southern Hospitality". We look forward to seeing you again!!
Anaheim Hills, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Was in town for a family affair so we needed a couple of suites. Everyone got lost coming here. The layout of the Siegen Marketplace is poorly designed. We rented a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom unit. Neither was better than the other. Towels were constantly damp. Rooms were musty. A/C vents were bent in various ways and very loud. Furniture were tattered up and stained. Mattresses on the beds, sofa beds and the rollaway had stains everywhere. GROSS. Thank goodness it was only for one night. The only redeeming quality at the property is a nice Asian lady. Not sure who she was but she was everywhere. She delivered our towels, waved to us when we left the parking lot and served at the breakfast buffet. She's their gem. Unfortunate that the property is so beat up. Go next door to the Courtyard until the fix this place up. A complete waste of points.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MyssK504, I would like to share with you the exciting news that we will be having our renovation in January 2014 with newly updated rooms and public areas!!!. Thank you for the nice comments about our service and we will have our hotel in the best condition quite soon. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us next time and enjoy our "new look".
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here in July and while here the card key readers through the common space were down. I was here for 3 1/2 days and they were down the whole time. You had to enter through the main entrance but could exit the buildings normally. The room was fine my area was pretty quiet. The usual features of a Residence Inn were found. The exercise room has an adjustable workout bench, rack of dumbells, although a couple weights were missing. The elliptical was out of service. There is a recumbent life cycle and two treadmills. The only problem with this exercise room is it is far too small. This is supposed to be an longer-than-usual-stay type of lodging. The room needs to be larger. Please also vacuum the floor more frequently. It was not in good shape. In fact this carpet could use a change-out to be honest.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was in town for business; my family accompanied me for pleasure. Hotel is conveniently located one exit north of Blue Bayou Waterpark, and one exit south of the Mall of Louisiana, both of which they visited. Also located very close (easily within walking distance) to a shopping center and a few well-known restaurants (Texas Roadhouse and Chili's).

As noted by previous posters, the property itself is an older property and, in some ways, it's age is starting to show. Seems to be located in a safe part of town and we had no issues regarding safety while we stayed there for five nights. Amenities are good as well - clean pool and hot tub area, smaller but nice dining area, and adequate exercise facility, which I used once. The pool is too small of a pool for the hotel, in my opinion, however, it made my daughter happy to have a place to swim, so I was good with it.

Service was very good - every staff member we encountered during our stay was friendly and helpful. The folks at the front desk (including the manager herself) and those that worked in food service, were especially friendly and service-oriented.

Like other Residence Inns, this one had a social event several weeknights we were there (Monday through Wednesday, specifically, I believe). We checked in well after 6PM and found the social event in full swing. Adult and non-adult beverages along with heavy snacks greeted us when we arrived - a welcome sight after driving for several hours to get there. On one of the nights we were there, the social hour featured hot dogs with all the fixin's, including chili. While this might not sound so appealing to some, my daughter and wife are big fans, so our evening meal was taken care of, courtesy of RI! Helped out too on extending the travel funds!

Breakfasts were good each day too and I partook daily, although I don't normally eat breakfast. Eggs, breads, gravy, bacon or sausage, along with all the other "usual" fare for breakfast were available. On the weekends especially, breakfast lines were crowded, but they moved fairly quickly. Definitely recommend the breakfast if you stay at this hotel.

The room we were assigned (one room suite) was adequate and clean, although a little on the small side. Nothing too noteworthy here, so I won't elaborate other than to say that it met our needs.

If forced to give critical feedback, it would be this: The beer served during social hour, much like the coffee provided in the rooms, is weak - so weak in fact, it was almost like drinking water. Perhaps someone in management will see this post and check into that. Spend a few extra bucks per keg and get something with a little more substance (suggestion)!!!

All-in-all, a safe, relaxing and comfortable stay. If I were to have business again in the Capitol City, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I like the Residence Inn because it usually has predictable quality and friendly service. This particular hotel has a very convenient location and good overall facilities. Some room furniture in my case needs updating. For instance the desk chair was in poor shape with the foam showing through, and the sofa has seen better days. But overall, I was satisfied with the price I paid.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The proximity to I-10 is perfect; the staff was very friendly and accommodating; the breakfast was ample; while the building is a little dated, it was still very comfortable. Parking was tight, but available.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family