“Great room with very comfortable beds.”

SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Seoul, South Korea
“Great room with very comfortable beds.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I checked in very late and was disappointed to have to wait for five minutes because the attendant at th front desk apparently had something better to do than to wait for customers. Once I was let in, she had without solicitation, prepared my room (because I called ahead) and simply handed me a key no sooner than I stepped into the door. Excellent! The room was great. If I should pass through here again, I will stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for visiting us. I love that you think the room was great. I am glad our night auditor was able to serve you quickly after she was finished helping another guest. I am very sorry you had to wait to check in. We will definitely discuss how we can limit our time away from the desk.

Jeanette Knight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. Great stay! They serve breakfast and have a pool. My suite had a nice sitting area, a small kitchenette, comfortable bed, and a great shower. I am going back for business soon and will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nj55
Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms and public areas. I hope to see you again when you visit Baton Rouge.

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I usually love Springhill Suites but the room we got was horrible!! One TV in the room which you could see half of from the bed. Loud rattling fan in bathroom. Breakfast was meh, but free. Skipped it the 2nd day. As I visit BR frequently I wont be using this location again.

Room Tip: avoid all rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I was sorry to see you did not enjoy the room layout or the breakfast. If you would like to discuss your stay further I can be reached at jeanette.knight@interstatehotels.com. We would love to have you try us again and we would make sure you had a great stay.

Alamosa, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We loved this hotel! We have stayed in many Springhill Suites locations and have never been disappointed. Hotel was so clean and comfortable that we slept late and missed the breakfast, that I'm sure was good. We stayed at this location on Tuesday, June 4th, and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. I asked for information regarding the Black history of the area and he really went out of his way to help me.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us. I will share your comments with our staff. I know they will be very proud that you enjoyed your room and our service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

We chose the Springhill Suites for a two night stay to Baton Rouge. It is centrally located in town and very well maintained. This hotel has been remodeled in the last couple of years. Each room is a small suite with two flat screen televisions and nice seating area. You have the option of one king or two full size beds (we had the full size). The free breakfast buffet was very good and included a very good oatmeal with toppings and a make your own waffle station. I would recommend this hotel and we will be sure to stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

As a Marriott Gold member I expect a minimum level of amenities and service. This property did not have them.
No ATM.
Limited/depleted sundries (apparently it was the "end of the month" and they were waiting to be replenished).
Front desk was friendly but not very effective.
On the plus side, the rooms have been nicely updated and while smallish are nicely appointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We want to ensure all our guests leave happy especially our loyal Marriott Elite members. If you would like to discuss your stay further you can reach me at jeanette.knight@interstatehotels.com.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Proper Louisianna hospitality - could not fault it. Easy access to highway and not far from Mall. I was there for the Bayou Country Superfest, which was only 10 minutes away.
Hot breakfast was simple but well prepared and good. Free coffee all day was also a plus.

Room Tip: Room 101 was as quiet as can be - perfect!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends