“Great place to stay with the family”

SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed 1 night while traveling home from Texas. We booked via Priceline Express Deal and got an excellent rate.

I wish every hotel we stayed at on our trip was like this one. The staff were very professional and courteous. The room was great - 2 beds plus a sleeper sofa. The entire property and room was very well maintained and exceptionally clean. My only quibble was that the pool & sauna area was in relatively poor shape compared to everything else.

If this property is any indication of what the SpringHill Suites are like, I want to stay in one every time we travel. We had a great experience here and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank visvam
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thanks for the great review. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our hotel. Please come back and see us the next time you are driving through.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Located right off of Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge, this property is well maintained and has very clean rooms, clean lobby and is priced right, not too expensive. We stayed here for a weekend swim meet in Baton Rouge and we were thrilled with the staff, cleanliness and we give our overall stay definitely 5 stars. We would have no issues staying here anytime in this area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I will share all your great comments with our staff. I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We checked in here after driving from Houston. The service left something to be desired: it seemed to be manned by one college student who was handling everything. Checking people in, tending to questions, etc. For example, we had to call the front desk when our bathroom light didn't turn on. When nobody showed up for a good half-hour, we called again -- eventually, this same girl came up to fix the light herself! There literally seemed to be nobody else working in there. The next morning, a different clerk didn't even pick up their head when we said we were checking out. Talk about apathetic!

Because of the hotel's proximity to LSU, it seems to be a very busy spot, and the carpets in the hall seem to be worn down as a result. The rooms themselves were decent as of our visit, with a pair of TVs angled toward the beds and sofa in our queen-sized room. And the value is decent too, not to mention convenient being near I-10. Overall it was pretty mediocre though, and I'm not sure I would stay there again if I had a choice (we booked late in the day and thus had no other options).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rodan4242
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you had to wait to get your bathroom light fixed. I can certainly look at our staffing schedule and make sure that I have the proper people scheduled for busy nights. I am glad you liked the room layout and the televisions. I will share your comments with all of our staff members so we may improve our service,

Genera Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for a business trip. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. The location is near a lot of businesses, a hospital, and some government offices. It is not near the downtown area but does have a number of decent restaurants nearby. It is right off the main highway so it's convenient getting around, but that also means some rooms overlook the highway and can be noisy. I had no trouble sleeping however, and they do give you earplugs if needed. It was nice having the refrigerator in the room - there is also a microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast is included and is adequate. I would stay there again if I were ever in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bethe55

Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to see that our location was conveinent for you, our hotel was clean and that the staff treated you well. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Summer at the front desk is delightful and seemed to remember me from my last visit. When you travel a lot it feels good to be treated well. Most of the other hotels in BR have terrible service. Summer is a great face to have at the front. My room was super clean, as usual.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mandolove

Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely share your comments with Summer and the rest of our staff.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel, five nights on this occasion. I re-booked because I had such a good experience last year. The staff are all really friendly and go out of their way to say hello and to sort out problems. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there's a nice bright area to have breakfast in. This is a well managed hotel and I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was great to see you again and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

First time staying in a SpringHill Suite and it was a very good experience. The front desk people were great and the room was clean and comfortable. A good value for the price, really enjoyed it and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for staying with us! I'm glad our staff treated you well. Please come back and see us soon.