“A good value for the cost”

Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace
Ranked #53 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 28 September 2013

the only bad thing for us was the fact that we were in a smoking room... but that wasn't on the hotel, we got our rooms super cheap from price line.... now on to the good things... clean rooms, dishes, and fridge, super helpful staff, great centralized location... overall a great stay... my kids and I enjoyed ourselves... we cooked great meals while there and had a blast...I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank mrsTolentino
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Mrs. Tolentino - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your kids had a great time. We enjoyed having your family stay with us as well. We also appreciate your acknowledgement of the good things we consider most important when providing a place to stay- a clean room and the ability to cook great meals.

Thank you again from myself and my team.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here for three days on business from 9/10 to 9/13 and was very pleased. Victor, who checked me in, could be working at a five star hotel. He was very pleasant and courteous throughout my stay, called to make sure that the room was to my liking and greeted me by name when he saw me throughout my stay. Debbie who checked me out was wonderful as well. The location is great, a short distance away from I-10 and situated so that you can easily get to downtown or East Baton Rouge without using the freeway, which is absolutely horrendous during rush hour. There are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance and the area is very new, extremely safe and quiet. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable with plenty of electrical outlets which were easily accessible. Plenty of upsides to staying here. Only downside was that you can't turn left out of the parking lot and have to make a u turn to access the property if you're coming from the east on Corporate Blvd. No biggie, though. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JoeVH1951
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Joe - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, your room and our hotel's location. I especially appreciate your personal acknowledgment to Victor. Our front desk team strives to give a great "home away from home" experience to all of our guests. They will be so pleased to know that they were able to do this for you too.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I agree with the other posters....The room I had (314) had a horrible sour smell. The first night I was told there were no more rooms available. The second day housekeeping masked the smell with Febreze but within hours it came back-STRONGER!! Eventually I was moved to another room and guess what??? AC out in that one...sooooo I yet again move my things to another room (3rd move) and that room was FUNKY and the stove did not work. Management had the audacity to tell my husband the smell could have been soiled closed. NO, lady I don't think so...this sourness was in the air long before I set foot in the room and it was still there after I changed rooms. Even the housekeeper noticed the smell. Great concept for a hotel, staff is professional but rooms are not well ventilated and they STINK as verified by below posters. Never again, I went on priceline and RAN to Doubletree....you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Look and smell the rooms before you make this choice!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My friend and I decided to stay in Baton Rouge to check out what actually happens there. Generally, it is a town passed through to get to New Orleans. My friend had a very unpleasant experience at an Extended Stay in Alaska, and was reimbursed with 2 nights at any other Extended Stay. So, Baton Rouge it was. Although there were "hiccups" on the Alaska end of the deal, the staff were all exceptional and professional in Baton Rouge. It is in a very nice business oriented end of town. Another Broken Egg is around the corner and a good place to brunch. A movie theater and tavern were both within walking distance. The room was very clean, quiet, and I love the option of not having to eat out every meal by having a stove and fridge in room....Not that we used it. As 2 single women, we felt very safe, as well. Hope this helps!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eva C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Eva - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay in Alaska was not what you expected. Still, we are are delighted to know that we were able to make your stay in Baton Rouge a pleasant one. We truly appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our staff, the location of our hotel and how safe you felt at our property.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Came in at last minute without reservation but staff was very friendly and helpful. Got us a room just like we needed. Room was very nice and clean. Was very pleased with our stay and will stay again if jn this area.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bmayotx
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff.

Once again, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Extended Stay America has absolutely raised the bar for long stay hotels. I've been here three weeks on business and could not be more satisfied. The hotel is clean, apparently recently renovated, the people are polite and friendly, and you can't beat the area. Plenty of good places to eat and shop and in a residential area away from traffic noise. Just a really nice experience if you have to be away from home. As a "Road Warrior" I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same but if you've experienced Louisiana heat park your car/truck on the e...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TOM S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Tom - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your clean room and our friendly staff. As a "Road Warrior", we also are pleased to hear that you consider our hotel to be a great home and place to stay overall. We have shared your comments with our entire staff.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

If staying for at least a week, you cannot beat this hotel! I had stopped staying at ESA in other cities and states years ago because they were run down and sometimes in areas I would not stay. However, being on a limited per diem, I was going to have to go into my pocket to find lodging when I saw the add for ESA and it mentioned they had been renovated. I was familiar with the area and decided to give them a try. I was pleasantly surprised. It is located in a terrific area with access to really good restaurants ad shopping. I actually just checked out from a second stay and had no problems.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MaggieLyn_from_GA

MaggieLyn - Thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience with us. We are delighted you decided to choose our hotel as your "home away from home". As well, I am glad that enjoyed our location.

We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your review.