“great place but service sucks” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace
Ranked #59 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Gibson, Louisiana
“great place but service sucks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay because of the convenience of the apartment like structure of the rooms! I really liked the fact that I could prepare my own meals in my room and share with a co-worker from down the hall! But all that said, room service was the worst ever! The maid that serviced my room did not leave any clean towels or toilet paper. She also did not change the sheets on my bed! There also was evidence that she did not thoroughly vacuum the room because there was debris left on the carpet! The bath tub was not cleaned either! The staff was very friendly and helpful when you could catch them at the desk. When I went to get toilet paper I had to wait 35 minutes before someone showed up! Good thing I had my cell phone in the bathroom with me because the door handle came off in my hand and I had to call my co-worker to come let me out of my bathroom! Maintenance was on the ball and had it repaired in no time though! It was a good laugh! I really liked the fact that they had smoking rooms because the weather was nasty and it was nice not to have top go outside to smoke!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lea C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Lea - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that the service to your room did not meet your expectations nor our standards. Please accept my apology. I can assure you that this has been addressed with our housekeeping staff and they are working to improve their cleaning procedures moving forward. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed staying in one of our few smoking rooms.

Once again thank you very much for bringing your issues to our attention. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Beds were made up and welcoming. There was a horrible smell in the hallway, but it wasn't in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Grab and Go breakfast, so not to exciting if you are planning on eating breakfast in hotel. Granola bars, fruit, and packaged oatmeal. The bathroom had a ring in the toilet.
Very quiet.

For the price that I got it, on priceline, it was way better than a motel 6.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Musicalmemories
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your bed and our staff during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you encountered some cleaning and odor issues during your stay. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure this does not continue in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Picayune, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Really helped my daughter and I feel welcomed. The staff really worked like a team and get us the room that worked best for us. The front desk clerk made sure we had all that we needed (toothpaste). I really liked seeing the same desk clerk when checking out. The team gets a high dive from us!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Tammyrash
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was welcoming and met your needs during your stay with us. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Medford, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I also had a weird/sour smelling. Room 209 in this case. I bought some febreeze and scented candle that helped some. Leaving the window open made a difference as well, albeit temporarily. The staff seems to at least be aware of the situation based on their responses when I pointed this out. All in all it wasn't the worst hotel I have ever been in but I also wouldn't stay there if I had my wife and child with me. If price is your absolute highest priority give them a shot, just be prepared to tolerate some things you might not encounter at other properties.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Mike S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Mike - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the odor in your room. In response, your comments have been brought to the attention of our maintenance staff and they are working to eliminate the smell as soon as possible.

Thank you for having been our guest. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Pineville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

A comfortable room and practical, efficient space. The staff was outstandingly helpful and attentive. If you like breakfast, pick up some groceries. The "Grab and Go" breakfast is a quick snack. Located in my favorite area of the city...close to Towne Center and College Drive.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the first floor for more privacy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We certainly appreciate your comment regarding our "super service". Our team strives to create that "home away from home" experience and it seems we met this goal during your stay.

I look forward to sharing your post with our team. Happy Holidays from our home to yours.
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here for four days. The room was comfortable and it was nice having a kitchenette in the room. I wasn't very happy over the room rate changing to a higher rate for two of the four days. This is a good hotel if you are looking for a quiet place to stay. This property could use some upgrades and better housekeeping. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. Overall, it is a good choice for travel to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank grits56
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that you liked the kitchen. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed the service our staff provided. Still, I am sorry that our rates increased during your stay; however, these are subject to change at any time.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to having you experience our improvements the next time you visit us.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel was a nice surprise - a good size clean room albeit with only a double bed but equipped with a full size fridge, two burners, micro and dishes and utensils. As a result, we could save money & shop at Whole Foods a mile down the road. picking up prepared dishesn to reheat. Also helpful is the onsite laundry complete with soap-dispenser machine. Front desk was kind enough to change our money into quarters. There is a smell in the corridors but none in the room. Breakfast was disappointing, only coffee/tea and a few fruit. There were extra bins but they were empty so presumably the early birds took it all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Masca
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Our team would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and how much you enjoyed the kitchen amenities that we offered. I am also glad that you let us know about your experience with our grab-and-go breakfast. It is a very popular addition to our hotel; however, we are constantly making improvements so we will keep your comments in mind as we do so.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with again.