“Nothing spectacular but a great night sleep”

Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Nothing spectacular but a great night sleep”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

On a positive note, check in was speedy, chuckie cheese and waffle house are directly across the street which was a plus for my daughter. The room was very clean and well maintained and looks as though it had been updated recently. Never got the remote control to work but really wasnt a big deal. I would say I was shocked with no microwave or fridge in the room. We stayed a week in one in hot springs and it had both. I will say pulling up at night in the parking lot wasnt the safest feeling with people just hanging around. The outside lighting could be better and the trees trimed back. Yes there is security however he was in the lobby on the other computer checking his facebook page. After a long day at LSU campus and a football game all we really wanted to do was eat and go crawl in the bed. For the price and a last minute stay.... we will stay again but to be on the safe side we will have my husband stay with us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Amanda H,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We apologize for the security issues noted in your review. I have shared your comments with our security management and have been ensured that more monitoring of the property grounds will be made daily. We hope to see you next time you travel to Baton Rouge.

Darick Washington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jena, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our anniversary trip this year was not pleasant due to a musty, moldy smelling room and unprofessional staff. We asked for clean towels on day two and after giving our used ones to the housekeeping attendant, my husband was told to go to the front office to get clean towels and coffee. The cart was sitting in front of our room! No apology from the office either. Our room was the farthest room from the front office. Another trip to the front office when we returned from our lunch trip to rekey our key card. No shampoo was provided in our room. Our blanket did not fit the bed and was covered in what appeared to be cuts from stabbing it with a knife??? The moldy ceiling in the bathroom explained the smell. The clock did not work and we reported that the phone flashed a neon red light by the bedside, indicating that we had a non-existant message for the whole three days we stayed. The second day office attendant was more concerned than the first one, and offered a small discount for the stay. Hospitality training is desperately needed at this location. We will be going anywhere but here in the future. We expect a pretty basic room when we go to Red Roof Inn, with a clean and friendly atmosphere. That is not too much to ask, but is in short supply there. There is more, I suggest that you read other reviews to get the whole picture.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Freda M,

Thank you for posting your concerns in regard to your stay with us. We would like to apologize for your experience as this is not something we would want repeated. Our team takes all our guest concerns very seriously, I will post your review on our information board for all staff to read and acknowledge. We hope to better serve you in future stay.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 September 2013

First the positives....Firm mattress...good amount of lighting...bathtub/shower combo...coffee/tea in room...ice machine behind office with vending machines....shampoo supplied....nice TV with lots of channels and HBO stations...ice conditioning fine...great location with lots of things around (Rite Aid, fast food places, service stations, etc)....quiet. Now the few negatives...this is never going to change but the Boardwalk/Sherwood Forest intersection is a nightmare for traffic. You can drive a little N o Sherwood Forest past Boardwalk to a traffic light and there is an early circle around to come in the back way...no minfridge or microwave in room, there is a microwave in the vending/ice machine area. I will say the overhead light didn't work and the office tried to switch out bulbs (must either be the switch or the fixture). Anyway, I don't count that as a negative because they offered to switch me to another room but with the plentiful lighting, I didn't miss it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank tfberry
Dear tfberry,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We apologize for the room lighting problem noted. I have posted your review for the entire staff to see. Everyone is thrilled to know their hard work is appreciated. We hope to see you next time you travel to Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I stayed at the Red Roof on Friday 16,2013 7:25 We checked in, we wasn't going to rent a room because looking at the location it didn't seem safe but we notice Securiy department was doing such a good job making sure the environment was secured front desk service was awful the lady was chewing gum and playing on her cell phone the room smelled really bad when we told the front she asked did we want air freshener my wife told her don't worry we wanted a new room. All to say the place was nasty but safe. I've stayed here before back in Sep 2012 and I didn't feel as safe but this time with on site Security we did...... HIRE A NEW FRONT DESK REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Dr. V Roberts,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We value all feedback and we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. I am so sorry to hear that our staff did not deliver 100% customer satisfaction during your stay. However, I do thank you for the positive security feedback. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Checked in at 6:00 pm on Friday. Got to my 2nd floor room and didn't come out till around 8:00 and when I did was startled by several (more than four) young black men peering over the railing two doors down from my room. All were talking on phones all had tats and all had their boxer shorts exposed at the tops because their pants were pulled down. Not to be too concened at this one instance, but when I went downstairs to the vending area, I realized that they were likely the look-outs for the activity going on below. Will find another place to stay in future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Bill N,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Baton Rouge Red Roof. I am sorry to hear about the security issue that’s noted in your review; please accept my sincerest apologies. Please know that we take matters of such very seriously. We will make sure our security is making routine rounds to prevent that noted behavior on this property.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The staff was friendly,rooms ,bathrooms, and bedding clean and for the price it was a rather nice hotel.Only problem I had is I didn't stay a little longer. The front lobby was clean. I had a reservation it was so quick there was no long wait to getting in my room. Thanks Red Roof Inn& Staff

• Stayed July 2013
Hello My 3 Angeless,

Wow!! What a great review!! Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful thoughts on our hotel & staff. That is truly what our hotel is about and we are delighted to hear that you want to continue to stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our hard work. We hope to see you again soon!!

Take Care,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2013

we had reservations at this location last week. We had requested 2 rooms. Both rooms smelled of urine. There were questionable people in the lobby and milling about by the front door.
OUR FAMILY DID NOT FEEL SAFE and we immediately cancelled our stay and went to another location. I suspect drug dealing and ladies of the evening. Not fit for family stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hello Joyce W,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will definitely investigate the issues noted on your review. At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback you provided is very important to us. We apologize for the security and room odor issues noted on your review.