Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sleep Inn South(Baton Rouge)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Baton Rouge(Baton Rouge)
ELF Express(Baton Rouge)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desknight clerkenjoyed my staythe general managernew orleanstinaisolinahousekeeperbaton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stay here often and always like it. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly and helpful. Pets are welcome so I can travel with my dog and there's no problem. They offer Redicard which enables you to earn free nights.

• Stayed: January 2014
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Hello Ernie 3,

What a great way to start the New Year!! Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful thoughts on our hotel & staff. I’m very happy to announce that we have started renovations that will convert our product and facility to a smoke free environment. Our goal is to make our guest experience even more delightful. Thank you once more for recognizing our hard work. We hope to see you again soon!!

Take Care,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have stayed at Red Roof Inns traveling from Florida to Texas and back again. Sadly, this is the dirtiest, unfriendly Red Roof Inn we've experienced. You can review my other ratings of Red Roof Inns and see I'm very fair and show photos.

This place was disgusting we will NOT stay here again. I would rather drive the extra hour to the Red Roof Inn located in Lafayette instead.

Cons of this hotels:

Front desk girl acted as if it was a bother to check us in. Kept sucking on her teeth and tapping her nails against the counter top. Didn't offer us the free water that we should receive being "Redi Card" members. When we asked for an extra towel all she could find was washcloth.

Check out was as bad as check in. This hotel needs to rehire and train properly their front desk staff. We have never been treated so rudely at ANY hotel we've stayed at.

You'll see in the photos hair from their staff entangled in their towels, on the bathtub, on the bedding - it was disgusting.

We travel with some of our own bedding so we just changed it.

Yes, this hotel has bugs!!!

They have a coffee pot, coffee, coffee cups - no sugar, creamer, or stir sticks - but after seeing the bugs would you want to have coffee in this room?

Pros: It was close to I-12.

Room Tip: Travel to Red Roof Lafayette instead. We will never stay here again.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LetsG0Family
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear LetsGOFamily,

Thanks you for posting your concerns in regards to your stay with us. We would like to apologize for your experience as this is not something we would want repeated. Our team takes all our guest concerns very seriously, and I will post your review on our information board for all staff to read and acknowledge. We hope to better serve you in future stay.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Good location on I-12 on East side of town. Room was okay, but several amenities were missing that I was used to having such as shampoo and a packet of items for the coffee although there were loose creamers, sugars in a basket. Nothing to stir the coffee with.
Several fast food restaurants nearby and within walking distance. We decided on Chuck E Cheese but it was an expensive pizza and not very good. This caters more to kids and families.

Room Tip: Motel is right off I-12, so the farther back from the Interstate you can get, the better the lack of sounds from the highway although it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Anita G,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We value your feedback and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention that we dropped the ball with providing the appropriate amenities in your room. I am so sorry to hear that our staff did not deliver 100% customer satisfaction during your stay. However, I do thank you for acknowledging the clean room and excellent location. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have read the mixed reviews and would not recommend taking the chance that you will get a clean room. Check in was fine and the staff were pleasant although the lobby door was locked at 9:00 in the evening..

Our party had booked two rooms with different arrival times and both rooms had bugs, an unpleasant odor (mold / mildew stale) and black filth on the bath tub bottoms. Far from anything I have experienced at other Red Roof Inns or any other lodging for that matter.

The grounds were littered and the highway noise was like having an open window. In hindsight, I would have rather of paid double or more. Had we arrived at the same time, the consensus was we would have forgone the price and tried to find another location.

Room Tip: Don't risk it
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert S

Hello Robert S,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will definitely investigate the issues noted on your review. At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback you provided is very important to us. We apologize for all the issues noted in your review.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Don't stay here! There were bugs in my room. I contacted the front desk twice and nothing was done. Maybe they were coming in through the gaping hole in the bathroom wall??? But there were bugs on the walls and the sink and counters. GROSS! I was told that it would be "taken care of" but nothing was, neither has the $20.00 refund that I was promised ever shown up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Tracy W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Baton Rouge Red Roof. I am sorry to hear about the bug issue that’s noted in your review; please accept my sincerest apologies. Please know that we take matters of such very seriously. I would like to have a full examination performed by our pest control on the room you occupied during your stay. I will need a little more information form you that will help us move forward. Please contact me at 225-275-6600.