“Could have been better”

Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #45 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

First off, we vacation on a budget. With that being said we don't expect amazing hotels. The room was clean, beds comfortable, quiet neighborhood, AC worked, showers worked, staff was courteous. However it was a non-smoking room that definitely smelled like a smoking room. The bathroom door was broken and wouldn't close, the sink drain was broken and wouldn't allow the sink to drain. No breakfast and no pool. Reported problems to front desk, they offered to give us a different room but we had unpacked already and we were tired, I asked for a discount and she stated she would leave a note for the morning manager to do so. Quiet night. Next morning, I was told that I could not recieve a discount because I paid online through a booking agency :( All in all if I couldn't find a better place on a budget then I would stay here again but it would not be my first choice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Sharlene C,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to give us such clear feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the room maintenance issues noted in your review. I have shared your comments with our entire team, and I promise to address all issues noted. I hope to see you next time you travel to Baton Rouge.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. That's as good as iititi got. The power kept going out. 90 degrees and no air conditioning. I understand that that is something beyond control but what got me was the oh well attitude of the staff. They use an extremely fragrant something on the linens which is not good for those with allergies. I checked out early and will not return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello deedeevee1,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. At Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore the feedback you provided is very important to us. We apologize for the AC and room fragrant issues noted in your review. We have started replacing our AC Units with new high-quality units for our guest rooms, and we have also selected a new odor eliminator that will give more of a naturel smell to our guest rooms. We hope that you can give us another chance next time your lodging in the Baton Rouge Area.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

could not ask for better motel .miss ruby the best; beautiful staff, wonderful hotel, most comfortable bed ever. this is the place to be if you want to enjoy your rest. there are multiple restaurants within walking distance, coffee all day long and great rest must I elaborate on that part.

Room Tip: stay at red roof inn
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary S,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will post your review on our team information board so that your kind words can continue to bring motivation. Thank you so much for being our guest. We look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Every time I stay at the Red Roof Inn, it's pleasant stay. I would recommend this place to anyone. If you're ever in the Baton Rouge area, stop by and ask for Darick Washington. He's the General Manager. Very humble and sweet guy, and his entire staff is the same way.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Jennifer J,

Thank you for another awesome review. I really appreciate the kind words and respect of our service here at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge. It’s always a pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you when you return to Baton Rouge.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My stay at red roof inn in baton rouge was great. Did not have to wait long to get checked in, my room was clean, the staff was just amazingly awesome, and the service was beyond my expectations. I've read the reviews myself and wanted to be close to the interstate for traveling purposes. I must say that I'm outdone with some of the things others had to say about their stay. Maybe y'all used the towels, beds, or whatever yourself then made a complaint on trip advisor. Dont know but I can say: THANKS RED ROOF INN FOR THE MOST MEMORABLE TIME I HAD IN BATON ROUGE WITH MY BETTER HALF..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hi Ruby D,

We truly thank you for your kind words and honest feedback in regards to your stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear the positive that comes out of our hard work. Speed and efficiency is something we work on at the front desk, and I’m very happy that we could highlight this during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I don't know if the last one went in but I wanted to make sure the world knows that the maintenance man, Mr. Will gets the job done promptly, if you need him to fix something he's there. Tina is sharp as a whistle; she can fix any problem that is presented to her. I know because I tested her to see if the other reviews were true. Jennifer is very happy and cheerful. If you need anything, she'll get it to you. Ruby shows a lot of concern and keeps a clean desk. Mr. Washington is will pays close attention to you and jumps right on the problem. And he always apologise for it. Ok .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jennifer J,

Wow! I truly thank you for your efforts of encouraging the world to know how much you enjoyed staying with us. The staff will be thrilled when they read your review, and I know this will be very pleasing to Will (our maintenance GSR) to see his name mention in such a positive way. As always we are delighted to have serviced our lodging needs.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Red Roof Inn in Baton Rouge was great. My room was clean with a nice smell, front desk clerks were careful and polite, and it look like they have remodeled the tubs too. My last visit, the tub had mats in them; This stay it had some slip resistant grip triangles indented in the tub. I like that change the most. I don't care for tub mats. Well in closing, I want to say, don't believe all the reviews you read from people. It could be other hotels bashing their competitors. I love to stay at hotels and I am a picky person when it comes to a place I have to put my bare face on. So Always Check for yourself. You may be missing out on your blessing. Those are God fearing people so they treat you like people not pets. But they except pets too. You'll love it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jennifer J,

It's been a pleasure having you stay with us and I hope we will see you again in the near future. I will let the staff know you appreciated their service during your stay. We thank you for your feedback on our bathtub remodel; it’s great to know that our guest acknowledges the improvements that are being invested for superior quality. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs.