“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband's job relocated him to Baton Rouge; however, when we arrived, our apartment was not ready for move in, leaving us (and our pup, Peanut) needing a place to stay. The property is dated and the inside can use some work (much like most, if not all, budget hotels I've stayed in), but it was kept clean and the staff was phenomenal!! We arrived at a very late hour and the front desk woman, Lisa, was friendly, content, and engaging (unlike other hotel stays where the night shift is pretty much checked out and useless). What impressed me most was how accomodating they were. We were not sure how long the apartment hold-up was going to take and the manager worked with us, happily giving us a deeply discounted rate for the week. I give this property an "excellent" review for this class of hotels and would highly recommend it.

For those who appreciate continental breakfasts: although the breakfast was popular on the weekends, it was always well stocked and hot. Fresh hot cookies are baked and offered in the afternoon/evening.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
rick f, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We strive for the best customer service and I am very proud of my staff. Lisa does a great job and she trains the rest of the front desk agents. We enjoyed your company including "peanut". Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Beaumont, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We booked 4 hotel rooms for Memorial Day weekend to attend Bayou Superfest at Tiger Stadium. The staff was very nice, but the rooms need a lot of TLC. Very large rooms but old and dirty. Someone was actually painting the doors around the elevator because he said some big wigs were due in at any time. Who paints on a friday afternoon of a holiday weekend??? There were only 2 towels in the room and we had to ask for extra towels each day. I feel it was way over priced for what we got.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

They may be fixing up the out side but they should do the inside at the same time. I don't have anything good to say, so I won't say anything at all.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Yelm, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a road trip and when we checked in, we were given a "non smoking" room but the room reeked of smoke, so we immediately asked for another room and they had no problem with that. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast was good too. The staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

The staff were very nice. But the hotel could use a major cleaning.
We pretty much had to get our "key" recharged every day. There seemed to be problems every day the wifi too.
The air conditioner was not working in one of our friends rooms. Also we booked 2 rooms for the same time and were on different floors.

Room Tip: I think if you don't get a discount, your rooms are a little nicer. We have a preferred card.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
rick f, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
On behalf of Comfort Suites University, I apologize for the issues you encountered on your recent stay. These are not the standards we strive for. The property is due for an upgrade and our wireless internet is new. The problems were corrected and we would love for you to give us another try. Tahnk you.
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was obviously an older property showing signs of wear. The staff was excellent; they gave me directions on how to get to where I was going, provided a list of take-out restaurants, and let my friend any myself play Scrabble and eat pizza in their breakfast area the evening we arrived. Our room was a bit of a disappointment. There were stains on the vanity and chinks in the tiles on the bathroom floor. The walls were very thin and we could here people talking and water running. Our room was smaller than most Comfort Suites I have stayed at. There was a wet bar, microwave and refrigerator, but no table (there was a desk). Only one elevator in a five story hotel, so we often had to wait a little while and contend with overcrowding when going up or downstairs. The beds were very comfortable, the room sufficiently clean, and we slept well. The AM breakfast buffet had a decent offering of hot and cold items and fresh fruit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Washington, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever visited. The carpeting in the room was dirty, there were hairs on the bathroom floor, the chairs had cigarette burns on them, and the refrigerator door was broken. The worst by far was I was asleep and luckily the heater woke me up. When I got up I noticed something in my hair, pulled it out and it was a bed bug! I switched rooms that night and hotels the next morning. The girl that gave me a new room was nice, but the rest of the staff couldn't care less. They even charged me full price for my room when I checked out.

Room Tip: If you stay here, search the internet first to determine how to look for bed bugs then search your r...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
rick f, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
First, let me apologize for the issues you encountered at Comfort Suites University. This is not the standards we strive for. These issues have been addressed and the hotel is due for an upgrade. I have investigated the customer service you received and I assure you, our staff will not drop the ball again. Again, we are very sorry for your frustration and poor service.