“Mixed bag”

Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Austin TX
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This should be a nicer place. It has an odd layout around the lobby, without the traditional room for breakfast. Tables are just scattered around instead. We were assigned a 5th floor room but the elevator wasn't working so were moved to the first floor. (A few hours the elevator was repaired.) The bathroom ceiling had a very amateurish patch and some plaster had dripped onto the toilet tank lid--and never been cleaned off. The bed and pillows were very hard.

Though we were near the lobby, it was quiet at night.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice room for our large family. It had 3 rooms: front room with pullout sofa, desk, table, and recliner; one bedroom with king size bed; second bedroom with king bed and bathroom. It was awkward having the bathroom in one of the bedrooms. I would have expected two bathrooms with this kind of suite. The second bedroom was large enough that another bathroom could be put in. There was no bedding for the sofa bed so we asked for some. They only brought sheets so then had to ask for a blanket as well. Also had to ask for more towels. There was a nice fitness room and breakfast was good. Everything was very clean and beds were comfortable. The front room had no heat or a/c or fan. It got very warm during the night.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed 3 nights. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but the room had very low lighting in it. Worst, was there was a sofa along the wall near the window but you could not sit there and read, as there was no light fixture by it or even a standing lamp to light the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NE Tennessee
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My daughter and I were guests over the long Thanksgiving weekend. I have never met such a friendly and helpful group of folks. The entire staff is to be commended for their friendly service. Oh, and let's not forget the delicious hot breakfast and the comfort of the room. I felt very safe at this motel. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to LSU; the drive there is an easy one. Make reservations here without concern.

Room Tip: There are suites that are two room, each with a 32" flat screen TV. These rooms are wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff is definitely what made our opinion of the hotel. They were so kind, polite, and attentive to what we needed. We would definitely stay here again! All of the staff worked really hard to keep things neat and tidy. The manager was very polite and extremely helpful when we asked for help finding our way around the area.

Room Tip: The hotel is definitely older, but the staff made our stay so enjoyable. We felt like they were our...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cordova, Tn.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Arrived at motel on Nov. 2, 2013 and at 1st was informed that they had over sold their suites and would have to give me a regular room. I explain to them that I had reserve these two suites over three months ago and if they over sold, they would have to explain it too someone else. With this little matter cleared up, Sis and I were given our keys to our two suites. The front desk clerks weren't rude and were actually very friendly. The rooms were very nice and enjoyable to stay in. The breakfast was great and plenty of it for a continental breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill R
Fresno, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I just loved the hotel right along with the people working there. the hotel was clean nice and smelled good. the staff where all so friendly and welcoming I love the room I was staying in and the service I was getting the time I spent . I will defiantly be going back there

Room Tip: look at the suites
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo