“Never Stay Here!!”

Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Weston, Florida
“Never Stay Here!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Family trip from Florida to Texas and we booked this room on Hotels.com thinking Comfort Suites was a decent chain. We were so so wrong- Worst Hotel I've ever stayed at!! Everything is dirty and stained- the sheets, walls, chairs, couches, floors- EVERYTHING. We were told we had to pay $50 in CASH ONLY nonrefundable for our two dogs when we checked in. I felt like my dogs would need flea baths AFTER our stay here! The neighborhood is horrible, cable was in and out, A/C didn't work. So disgusting- slept for a few hours (on top of towels- wouldn't even think of getting under bedding) and bolted out of there the next morning, hoping and praying our cars would still be in the parking lot when we walked out. Forget breakfast- this place is so nasty I didn't even want to take a shower in my room let alone eat anything made in this disgusting place. Somebody (City?? CDC??) needs to inspect this place for both structural and health aspects. I literally feel sick that I actually paid to stay in a place so disgusting. Do not say here- seriously.

Room Tip: Turn around and run- find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lisa-FO-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 25 August 2014

225-923-3377

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The lobby was extremely dirty and there was debris coming into the lobby. The carpet leading in and the one immediately inside the front door was deplorable. The trash bin outside the hotel was overflowing and emitted a foul order. There was trash in three of the four corners of the elevator. We were given a suite. However, the door to the bedroom would not close. There were large stains on the floor in front of the t.v. The shower bar was broken and rusty-Really Comfort Suites?! The sheets appeared to be clean and smelled clean, but the sheets on both beds had a hole in them. The phone by the beds did not work. When I turned the hot water on in the bathroom, the pipes made loud noises. This was not up to the Comfort Suites standards we are accustomed to. I am going to call the chain directly. When we travel 1200 miles and pay our money, we expect a tidy, well kept hotel lobby & room to stay in! We will not stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Near an adult type club but seemed ok anyway. Parked out back and curbs crumbling, benches and chairs out in cute seating area broken, pool was dirty so we were unable to use it. In the first room we were given, the headboard fell off the wall onto the bed when my son sat down. The next room was ok. Had a kitchette. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. There was a decent breakfast with waffles, sausages, cereal and other items. The issue with breakfast was having to try to compete with the housekeepers who were continuously making their breakfast at the same time as the guests. I would not stay here again because the staff made us feel like we were in their way.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Austin TX
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The guy at the desk was the same one we had in December and I thought to myself, "Not good". When I booked online, I asked for a "quiet room, away from elevator/ice/vending machines." The first room we were given was directly across from the elevator. Blake at the desk said he couldn't see my online note. (We stay at Comfort hotels often and have never had this problem.) He gives us a second room, saying it's the only remaining king. We go up there, and it hasn't been cleaned--at 4:30PM. So he gives us room 409 and this finally is OK. It's a huge space, with the bedroom being about 1/4th of the space. The bedroom had an awesome AC. We made the mistake of closing the bedroom door before bed, and the AC warmed up. So if you like to be cold, leave the door open.

My husband loved the pillows; I hated them.

The bathroom was weird--only one fluorescent light inset into the ceiling in the middle of the room. This meant no direct light on the mirror, so good luck putting on makeup. The toilet bowl had a horrible brown stain. The curtain rod curved down in the middle so the shower curtain slid away from the walls on both sides.

The living room area was huge, and looked almost empty. The lighting wasn't great. It needed a lamp on the sofa's second end table.

If it was just me, I'd book elsewhere next time. My husband liked it so I guess we'll be staying here again. But I'll bring my own pillows.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabsinTX

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had a large 2-room suite with two queen size beds, two TVs and a living room area with a kitchenette. Large, very clean, very quiet room. The beds were very comfortable. Impeccable housekeeping. Convenient parking near the front door. Located in a very quiet area but convenient to I-10 and LSU. I'm the only adult traveling with two young boys and it was very nice to have such a stress-free experience. The only quirk was the breakfast area, Every time the sliding backdoor opened with someone coming or going I was blasted with cold air (it was a cold spell in March) which was not pleasant. I hate to say anything negative since overall we had such an enjoyable stay but the breakfast room experience was not a pleasure. Will be our hotel choice next time we're in town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cnh624
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stay 5 nights in the hotel.
The room is very large,full kitchen,every work well.
The room is clean,
Check-in very fast,front desk Lisa and Raeneisha was very nice.
The breakfast have everything for start my day.
Internet works.
Quiet place,parking safe.
I stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank GELCJR
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at this motel for two nights. The rooms and lobby were clean and in good shape. We enjoyed our stay and the desk personnel were very helpful. I would definitely stay there again. I would recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family