“Do not stay here!!!!!”
Review of Siegen Inn

Siegen Inn
Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed for 1 night at the Siegen Inn, the night I checked in I was asked to hold the room on my debit card which was fine, but when I checked out I ask to take the room off my card, and I paid cash. When I got home I found out that I had paid twice. The lady Britney left the room on my card and took my $100.68 dollars in cash. When I called back to let them know the manager was MEAN and RUDE. She said her name was Tina and would not give me the number to the Supervisor/ Owner and that he/she said they would not call me. Thanks for nothing Siegen Inn. PLEASE do not stay here because when they make mistake they don't even try to make it right. I stayed the first week in July 2014 and I am still waiting on my $100.68 credit. Can I please have my money back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Keidra A
ManagerSiegen, Manager at Siegen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We apologize for your experience at our hotel. What had happened was that you checked into one room and at checkout, you mentioned and brought the key back for another room since your group had so many rooms and keys were exchanged among one another at the front desk. Because of this, your charge remained on the original checked in room and cash was posted on the room you mentioned and checked out of. This was fixed and your card was refunded immediately on first contact, but because you used a debit card (not a credit card) for payment, it can take between two week to one month to reverse the charge and this reversal time is dependent on your bank. Otherwise, I am very glad that the rest of your group enjoyed a very pleasant stay at our hotel and look forward to having you stay with us in future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was pleasant....it was myself my husband and our three girls(12,10,7)....my girls had a blast in the pool even though it was smaller than we expected but it served its purpose. The breakfast was great. Overall it was a good place to stay would definitely come back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Elvira1978
ManagerSiegen, Manager at Siegen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We are waiting for you to come back!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The four day stay was cut to two days due to loudness of other guests, particularly from midnight to 6am. At times it appeared as if the guests were drunk and fighting. Although the location of the hotel was great the rooms did not seem to meet the PLUS standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Terry S

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry about your experience . We are becoming an independent hotel and will try to go above and beyond your expectations. We are totally renovating all areas of the hotel and will continue to incorporate the guests' input into every aspect of improvements. Please give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank furri
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Perhaps a bit pricey, Baton Rouge's brand new Best Western Plus hotel was a treat for we weary travelers! The beds were very comfortable. The pillows were small, but numerous and fluffy. Didn't really care for the thin, white bedspread. Like a heavier one. The A/C was COLD!!! Even on 76! Nice workout area. Pool small and crowded with kids staying for tournaments. Nice breakfast. Wish they would change it up a bit every other day or so, but satisfying. Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Rooms spacious. Whoever did their tiling left them open to repairs needed. Bathroom shelf was falling off and tile near closet fell off. Unusual for a new hotel. Sliding closet door came off the tracks. BUT -- overall, it was a very pretty, comfortable, nice stay!! Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jrichey5456
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our company tries to put our employees in a Best Western everywhere we go, and we are never disappointed. This stay was no different. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and awesome service. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This facility is basically new - about a year old. And yet on the inside it looks like its about 10 years old. Poorly maintained facility with filthy carpets, broken fixtures, and dangerous electrical sockets. It definitely does not meet my expectations for a Best Western Plus facility. The one redeeming quality is comfortable beds and pillows.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Shawn M
Vishal J, Manager at Siegen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Sir, Thank You so much for your feedback about our hotel and we will be very happy to investigate the issues you have found. Like any relationship, including business and customer, it is most important to clarify problems with each other during the stay. However, I am very happy to inform you that since the last month we are undergoing continuous renovation which included the time during your stay, but due to higher occupancy we can't limit room inventory because we never deny any service to our guests who we consider our family. Furthermore, it is our topmost priority to ensure the safety of every guest, and we have investigated all areas included electrical sockets.