“Never again!!!”

Motel 6 Baton Rouge East
Ranked #68 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very dirty Motel, no toiletpaper, no fridge, no soap or shampoo. Beds are horrible.The frontdesk people very unfriendly. Endbill was not correct, we had to discuss this for more than an Hour to get our Money back! The frontdesk Girl-a trainee was the only one there and did not know what to do. We wanted to leave early, but due to discussion we lost time.

Room Tip: Neighter room in this Motel 6
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristall88

Reviewed 4 October 2012

The girl at the front desk was rude, the place smelled of mold and mildew. Our room was supposedly a non-smoking one, but they had an ash tray in the room and smelled of smoke. When we checked out the next morning, I handed the room keys to the woman at the front desk and told her I was checking out. She was sitting at the desk, didn't get up, but just looked at me and said, "Okay." A lot of unsavory people were hanging around, mainly because of the adult video and "toy" store next door.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FL2NM
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Went to Motel 6 website and was lured in to staying at this location with thier "Refurbished all rooms" come on.

Arrived at 8:30 pm with reservations. Got into our room at 9:00 after waiting for staff to take 30 minutes to check in one person in front off me. No wi-fi, so had to call desk to get it turned on only the phone in the room didn't work. Called from cell and was told that they could not add the $2.95 fee for wi-fi to my credit card that I would have to come to desk to sign for it. Asked about phone and they said they would check it out in the morning. Got back to room and realized dead bolt was not working. Asked to move to another room and was told that they were completely booked and could not move and would forfeit room fee if I left. Asked if they could send someone to fix dead bolt and was told, you guessed it, the would check it out in the morning.

Will not return and recommend all Tripadvisor friends to stay away from this location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaintVitas
Reviewed 20 June 2012

When I pulled up, I knew what I was getting into, but because it was very late and I was very tired and a low budget trip, I decided to to stay. I just needed a clean comfortable bed and a clean shower. The property has a gate. I wondered about my cars safety, so I parked it as close to my room as possible. My room was ok (very old and run down). No pet smell, whew. When I lifted the covers, it looked as if they pulled the sheets up from the previous resident. I put down a sheet I had in the car and covered their sheet and pillow and fell asleep. I needed to be on the road by 7am, so I was pushed for time when I got up. There was one foot towel for outside the shower and that was it. Humph, I went over to the office and the night gal (very friendly) gave me towels. The door closed but the dead bolt didn't work. Also, the upper latch was missing (I never understood those other then holding the door unlocked). Needless to say, I won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Wife and I arrived after a full day's drive, looking for a couple of hours sleep before heading out again on our trip. An ancient "security" guard stopped me to explain where to park. The clerk grunted and gestured to a small window rather than let me into the lobby. Meanwhile, as I had my wallet out to hand over id, 3 shambling figures, with pants almost around their ankles emerged from the darkness, mumbling to each other and surrounding me. My wife was in the truck and said she thought I was about to get mugged as she watched. I got the room card and we proceeded to walk into a crackhole with a door that didn't latch and the stench of filth. It took less than 2 seconds for us to turn around, run to the truck, and then for me to return to the window to demand a refund. No suprise that again, I was approached by a shuffling, mumbling crackhead with pants around his ankles. He seemed to be trying to get a room, but I just got the hell out of there. This is the kind of cesspool you'd see on COPS as they round up druggies and murderers. Stay far FAR away if you value your life and your loved ones.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott a few blocks away.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BoneSquatch
Reviewed 24 February 2012

At 10pm, there is a lockdown and you must stay in your room with the door closed. You must not walk around outside nor visit the pool or walk to a friends room.I was in a non smoking room having a meeting after work.some emplyees steped outside to smoke and was told to go to their room by armed guards. I had planned to stay here for a week but checked out early.I have never been treated in such a manner in my life. I recommend staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !
Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Where do I start, first we couldn't get the dang door open without shoving it. Then nasty water or something started coming out of the bathroom floor. The staff are rude, sarcastic liars. We went out to the pool and it had a flooting condom in it!!!! Omg!!!! Gross!!!!! Oh and did I mention that there was a used condom under the bed!!! Sick!!!! We got locked out of the room cause the key card wouldn't work. And when you switched the light on the tv Turns on, talk about bad wiring. Never again!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
#16 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown

Been to Motel 6 Baton Rouge East? Share your experiences!