“Not a bad choice”

Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel is nice; bed and pillows were great. Complimentary internet access was slow but better than nothing. AC had a bit of a mildew smell, but didn't notice it unless sitting at the desk. I had a few noisey neighbors, but I didn't complain to the staff (my problem.) Workout center has a bench and dumbells up to 50 lbs.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Albert L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We're very excited you had a nice stay with us and that you had the oppurtunity to use our great amenities here at the hotel. Here at HGI Baton Rouge, we pride ourselves in guest satisfaction, therefore in the future please let us know of any issues no matter how minute and we will be glad to quickly resolve it for you. Thank you again for staying with us and for providing feedback. Have a GREAT day!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Desk Staff friendly and helpful. Close to college and airport. The rooms were quiet and clean. The only thing that was missing was the housekeeping to my room. For two days I had returned to my room only to find that they had not been there. The one time they did show up the in the afternoon I was taking a nap and declined to have the room cleaned. The next day they did not show up at all. I was out of the room by noon. It was brought to the attention of the front desk. who only offered me clean towels. The second time it was brought to their attention. I was offered a breakfast voucher. It was not what I expected. There was no apology for lack of service. I am sure housekeeping is working very hard. I just didn't get it. LOL 8/10/2014 - 8/13/2014 Room 332

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Albert L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn Brand. We will use your comments to help improve our product and services. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than expected for the value you paid. Our quality is very important to us, and I apologize that service to your room was not up to par. We will address this issue immediately as a team so you can expect Hilton Garden Inn's consistent service during your next visit. If you have any additional concerns or comments please feel free to contact me directly.

We appreciate your business and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Albert Leday
Rooms Division Manager
(225)357-6177 ext 4907

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The food court staff in the morning was excellent and personable. Management should be proud to have these employees at this hotel. Rate this hotel 5 stars. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we take pride in providing the best in customer service to our guest. We're excited you had an excellent stay with us and we look forward exceeding your expectations in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and for providing feedback. Have a great day!

Albert Leday
Rooms Division Manager
(225)357-6177 ext 4907

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Used this hotel for an overnight stay before an early morning flight out of Baton Rouge airport. The staff were pleasant and very helpful.The room was well furnished, the bed comfortable, and the surroundings nice and quiet enabling a good night's sleep. Had no wait in the morning to take the shuttle to the airport which is only a few minute away. Overall, a great experience

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We're so glad that you experienced our great customer service and also utilized our complimentary shuttle to the airport. As always thank you again for staying with us and for providing your feedback. Have an awesome day!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent Hilton stay, consistent with the Hilton reputation and high quality. My experience began with the helpful staff at the front desk, a quiet and clean room, and equally helpful staff at breakfast the next morning. The hotel is directly outside the airport and very convenient to catch I110. I will not hesitate to stay at HGI-Baton Rouge in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My flight back to Dallas was cancelled due to weather back home. I called your hotel and spoke with a extremely polite young man named Jordan. He reserved a room for me and then rushed over to the airport to pick me up. He was very polite, friendly and represented the Hilton in a grand way. Jordan went out of his way to make my bad experience (cancelled flight) a very pleasant overnight stay. Please give Jordan a big "Pat on the Back" from me and tell him Job Well done! - Tom

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Fastest airport shuttle pickup ever. Wonderful start to the stay. Front desk staff was great, room was clean and large, internet work well, etc. And the bathroom was larger than other hotels rooms. Seriously.

Not much close by to eat, but there is a nice Cajun place behind the hotel on the side road.

My only disappointment with Hilton Gardens (in general) is the breakfast. The food is fine, but the price range between hotels is all over the place, and it seems a bit high at $12.95 plus tax for a buffet breakfast in Baton Rouge.

I will stay here again and would recommend this property.