“Good stay...” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairborn, Ohio
“Good stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I always like staying at the Hampton Inn, and my recent visit was no different. I had a single night stay. The front desk has good customer service. She was dealing with a soccer tournament and computer problems, but she handled everything well and escorted us to our room. I didn't have any problems with noise. Overall, good experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melanie W
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Greetings from Cajun Country Melanie W!

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas of the area including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our stay here was fine. It was a quite over night. The room was comfortable, clean and modern. The staff was friendly and accommodated a couple request we had. The breakfast was only ok. It left us a bit underwhelmed. The kitchen staff were visibly lazy. they were actually sitting down in front of the hotel guest taking what I guess was a break...

Overall I would highly recommend this property,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jonathan L
Jonathan L,

Hello from Cajun Country! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! I do hate to hear that your breakfast experience was not up to your expectations. As innovators, the Hampton brand is constantly updating and adding new options for our guests and I would love an oppurtunity to speak to you personally about your experience. I also hate to hear about our breakfast hostesses, as this is veru uncharacteristic of them and I will be sure to address your comments with them. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Lafayette, LA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Convenient to downtown business, government, restaurants, and bars. I appreciate being able to just park and walk to my destinations. At the time of my stay there was no parking charge for using the multi-level garage.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Bonne journée Michael W. or good day,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

First, I do like this hotel and have stayed there several times and will do so again. It is not only close to the Capitol and other downtown areas I frequent on business but next door to one of my favorite restaurants, Little Village. However, there is some pretty intense construction on the next block that cranks up around 7 a.m. and that can be distracting. It has nothing to do with the hotel so they cannot control it but something to be aware of when asking for a room assignment-ask for one on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank drtaggart
Greetings from Baton Rouge drtaggart,

First and foremost I would like to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. Secondly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, we love to hear from our guests during their stay and afterwards! We do realize that the construction work can be a bit distracting but are very excited on what the new IBM project will bring to Baton Rouge and know that it is going to not only enhance the city but our guests hotel experience as well once it is complete. We do hope that the next time you find yourself in Baton Rouge that we would be your hotel of choice and if their is anything that my staff or I can do for you, now or in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were in town for the weekend and loved the location of this hotel. It was great being downtown and right on the river. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was a huge soccer tournament going on the same weekend so hotel was full and busy. Our room was very quiet. We never heard a sound from the hallways or from the nightlife going on outside the windows. This will be our hotel of choice next time we are in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Tracy W!

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! Speaking of our breakfast, as innovators, the Hampton brand is constantly updating and adding new options for our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Extremely nice hotel, would definitely stay again. No pool. Location was great for the wedding I attended. Had a balcony room overlooking Mississippi River, very quiet and peaceful. Had good parking. Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Gayle J
Gayle J.,

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Fine location, clean and superb customer service. And the complimentary breakfast....a great way to start a Sunday. In fact, the kids wanted to stay another night.
Our room had a balcony with a fine view of the great Mississippi River. Spacious and comfortably appointed.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mark M
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Mark M.,